The Rapture

So what will you be doing at 18:00, hoping for a delay to watch Dr. Who?

I'll be taking my tinfoil hat off at 1800 hrs

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
BBC news said this morning that it would be at 23:00 GMT, the 18:00 slot was US Eastern Standard Time (EST)

What time zone were the apocalypse mongs working from?

If they were going off zulu time, you may still be fucked cabana...I'll be fine, I've got my tinfoil hat on.

They've changed the launch again? I hate it when that happens

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
They were working off EST, Yank Time.

Well.... I'll be down the local Pub with Matron and Nurse Brenda from the Old Folks Home..... dreaming of some Chicken Tonite much later.....

What time zone were the apocalypse mongs working from?

If they were going off zulu time, you may still be fucked cabana...I'll be fine, I've got my tinfoil hat on.
Oh, looks like I will have time to watch a movie, go to bed and wake up to a new raptured world then...if I cover myself in foil of course.

Oh, looks like I will have time to watch a movie, go to bed and wake up to a new raptured world then...if I cover myself in foil of course.
If short of tinfoil, crusty knickers make a perfect substitute. The stiffer the better.

Never mind, it's not the end of the world...

Well if it gets rid of all the god botherers it might even be a better place

You're all wrong: the 1800 event today is just the Day of Judgement, if you are daft enough to read the whole of Camping's prophecy. There will follow 5 months of "torment" and then the 'big one' on October 21st 2011 at 1800 zulu.

Not sure, though, what the "torment" will involve. But experts suggest the unsaved can expect 5 months of continuous dry bumming. Bad news for Welsh footballers, actors and various other bankers.

Well I for one haven't seen anyone soaring heavanward yet as for the bit about pulling the plug, well just a PR stunt I reckon, or a possible IT fault.

I take it most of you don't expect to be taken unto the bosom of the almighty and ascend bodily into Heaven, then?

Can we organize some neighbourhood committees of those' left behind' to 'look after' the property and such of those taken? I've put flyers in local mailboxes saying I'd be happy to manage bank accounts, stocks and bonds, houses and vehicles until the righteous return [for a modest percentage fee, of course- not doing it for free -a guy's got to eat and, with so many gone with the Rapture, production and delivery may be affected. ]..

Anyway, For those who failed to make the cut, I was thinking we could have an ARRSE BE DAMNED party at an exotic locale. Nekkid dancing girls who were deemed unworthy to ascend, beer and booze unwanted in the higher realms. Surplus capacity in airlines due to the diminished population means deep discounts in ticket sales to fill seats and I'm sure the hotels would cut us a deal to help fill rooms going begging..

Unless, of course, everyone is tied up in trashing the world to fulfill the apocalyptic prophecies...I heard a rumour that we're starting with Paris?

sadly only 3% will make the cut rocketeer, still I like your thinking