The rank hypocrisy of christians laid bare...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Jul 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

A minister posed as a tramp and gatecrashed his own service to teach churchgoers about "acceptance".

The Reverend Derek Rigby donned a wig and some torn clothes and surrounded himself with lager cans and syringes in the church doorway on Sunday morning.

Most of the congregation at the Trinity Methodist Church in Prestatyn, Denbighshire, ignored the intruder.

The vicar said most were "embarrassed" by their behaviour when he finally revealed himself during the service.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/7497411.stm

Nice one!

msr

2. Christianity and most religious cults are based on a selfish notion of keeping ones sole intact once the worms start eating your flesh in exchange for being at the front of the 'do-gooder' queue.

Its the original carrot and stick.

3. I have always seen it this way "if your going down "there" anyway you might as well make sure you deserve it" :) I do love christianity.

4. Actually he's lucky none of them gave him any money, because if he was doing this properly he would then have had to score some junk and shoot up. Or neck a litre of White Lightening. Either of which would have rendered him incapable of conducting a service. Personally I'm not sure he thought this through.

5. I was of the opinion that it was an excellent blag.

Very quick thinking from a man who had clearly had a very heavy Saturday night.

6. I was hoping ( as it turned out) against hope that this might be an explanation of the bonekickers program that was on BBC1 yesterday I didn't have a clue what was going on and resorted to spotting various parts of my home town used as a back drop to get me to the end of what possible was the weirdest program I've watched in a long time. But guessed it must have something to do with extremist Christianity as it had lots of burning crosses at the end

7. A Vicar in Cambridgeshire did this about 10 years ago and he too was cold shouldered by his snobby flock. I agree, they get it good. Ever seen a Vicarage on a council estate?

8. Good drills that Vicar. He's lucky he didn't get a shoe-ing from the church elders etc before everyone else arrived and got turfed out.

Bonekickers on tv was very disappointing. Load of tosh. :(

9. What a Communion that would have been!! Certainly not Holy!!! :clap:

10. In brief:-

Knights Templar
    One True Cross
    Holy War
    Christian Extremists.... (with Swords)
    A beheaded Muslim...

There you go...

11. Thanks for that only one slight discrepancy this is Bath we don't really have that many headed ones let alone beheaded ones

13. Frankly, he should have been taken round the back and given a sound thrashing. Tramps in Churches? It's just not the done thing.

14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

That's awfully decent of him. He gets himself a bit dirty, pretends he's a tramp who's shooting up (I'm not aware of many tramps having a smack habit, but there you go), and then sits outside a church building (one of thousands) that's probably worth a million sovs on the open market . . . to embarrass his congregation.

Oh the irony of it.

Edited to add: Quick bit of research. The C of E owns 120,000 acres of rural land alone, and has a property portfolio worth 4.3 billion pounds.

mmmmm - seems that homelessness is not much of an issue for the church then. I actually worked for a contractor who was building a vicar's house in my local town, paid for by the church. Total spend? £600,000 - and that was just the build price as they already owned the land.

Edited again: Scratch that - my info was out of date: