The Rangers

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by stu_TAtech, Aug 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a query, anyone here in The Rangers?

2. ROYAL IRISH RANGERS..

or the american rangers..
    or the southern irish..

3. Sorry Royal Irish.

:oops:

4. Please lets not isolate Celtic, Hearts, Hibs or even the glorious Stirling Albion here. These sectarian approaches are not good.

5. I have the e-mail address of a former Ranger who was captured by the Germans in Crete in 1942 if that's any help?

6. rangers lead the way (to the px)

7. You should pass that onto LAND, they should have released him at the end of the war.

8. what is a puple dinosaur?

9. it's one with no R's (arse) ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. its a dinosaur who has dyslexia :cry:

11. rangers as in sherwoodrangers now s sqn ry

12. yes, there are a number of us on ARRSE.but as of midnight tonight there will not be.as you may know we become 2nd Bn Royal Irish Regiment tomorrow.all my platoon were issued their new cap badges and stable belts last night.BHQ are having a flag lowering ceramony at 2000 hrs tonight.unfortunatley i cannot attend as 'er indoors has decided that her hair is far more important than the passing of our regimental name to the annals of history! which can't be said about the HS Royal Irish as they were only disbanded 4 weeks ago, and we've just been renamed "Royal Irish Regiment"!
    F.A.B.

13. Ulster-Brigade, as someone many moons ago who wore the Rangers cap badge as a cadet before joining the regs, I'm interested to know what cap badge will the ACF wear? Is the end of the Royal Irish Rangers cap badge?

14. no,not quite yet ,the cadets will continue to wear the Rangers capbadge for another few months,then will change too.but remember the cadets here are called 1st and 2nd batts Nothern Ireland Army Cadet Force.
    F.A.B.

15. Cheers mate. Strange though that the last to wear the cap badge will be cadets.