The Racketeering by Labour MPs continues ..

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by seaweed, Mar 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

2. To be fair, politicians of all flavours are equally as corrupt as each other.
    The only ideal all of our politicians have in common is the desire to line their own pockets.
  3. I wouldn't get too excited about claims made by Steven Byers. He once alleged he could run a railway system.
  4. My father used to say of politicians .... " They arrive in rags and leave in Jags " ... nothing changes .
  5. Not sure a light drinking session in a brewery would be within his compass of attainment.

Mind you I am sure that one of their claims to being elected was "none of this sleaze from us", I feel the appropriate adult response would be liar liar pants on fire to that claim
  6. Quite so Conrad and possibly a "nerr-nerr ne nerr-nerr" to underpin the gravitas of that mature political statement?
  7. About 5 threads this morning all cut & paste newspaper links, all knocking the govt, does anyone else get the feeling theres an election brewing? :?
  8. Well normally the government gets knocked on here without the prompting of the yellow pressmen...

Still on the basis that my enemy's enemy is my friend, fill your boots lads.
  9. I put it down to the media are trying to cover up their 10 years of whoring for Bliar.
  10. I think you'll find that they're Murdoch's bitch! :twisted:
  11. Cut & pasted from the BBC: "The next day Mr Byers retracted his claims, saying he had ... exaggerated his influence."

Is that New Labour speak for "I lied for personal gain"?
  12. I felt there must be something in the air when almost every news programme held a 'feel good' snippet from the Prime Minister. Gordon has been on the TV more times than Simon Cowell just recently.
  13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

14. This story sends out a signal that M.Ps are driven by personal greed, Tony Blair being a prime example of this culture.
    It would be very interesting indeed if the system was changed to make M.Ps work on a voluntary basis only !
    But then we would not have anybody to run the country would we?
  15. I read an Internet Newspaper article recently the gist of which ….. “ What has happened and why do we no longer have Statesmen as MP’s …. nowadays they all seem to arrive with their Solicitor’s , Financial Advisors and an insatiable need to line their own pockets “ . There probably has always been personal interest at heart but it certainly seems rife now .

I have a feeling the subject of this thread has “ legs “ and is going to run …. PMQ’s .