the ra

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by wilson10, Mar 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. what do folks think bout the ra in general the reason i ask is that i am soon joining the ra myself so if any folks have any input would be greatful thanks
  2. They can send loud bangy things a very long way.

And loud bangy things can kill you, and a lot of your friends.

"Artillery is the god of War" - Josef Stalin

Ubique quo fas et gloria ducunt
  3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

They also punch clouds.

VERY HARD!!!
  4. Is the ra a bit like the ra-ra, only shorter? If so, I'm all in favour.
  5. In the same vein:
    God fights on the side with the best artillery - Napoleon

Me, I never trust a frog.

BTW if you want a sensible answer, don't post in the Naafi.
  6. you'll need to have a thing for A4 nirexes, shelling your own troops, doing next to nothing 23.9 hours a day followed by a 2minute fire mission, which will always coincide with breakfast/lunch/dinner. So inconsiderate those infantry types... :D

So the perfect life really...
  7. And you'll also need to explain the coriolis effect, at all hours of the day and night, to ignorant Infantry types.

And, if you make it to the FO party, be prepared to be the de facto navigation bitch to the Company Commander. It's ever so embarrassing when you have to argue with him about where you are. "FO, where do you put us?"
  8. And it's always RA, in capitals
  9. I know what you mean. I thought it was a discussion about the IRA when i came in here.
  10. When you are talking about the royal artillery make sure u put RA or R.A i too also made the mistake of comin in for a read thinking it was about the I.R.A. or ra as they are sometimes known. :D

11. Oh dear! just how old are you LTO? The ra-ra was a style of short skirt in the eighties. I too was deeply unimpressed by the original posters failure to capitalise, which is why he got the tongue in cheek response.
  12. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Thought the song went ra-ra-rasputin. Or am I showing my age?
  13. Boney M? fan-feckin-tastic! Brown girls ring? yes please. :D
  14. LMAO, as an ex-Op wallah that is so true ... :lol:
  15. So did I :lol: