The R.A.F are usless

It produced quite a kerfuffle when it was first news.

Sorry I didn't see the publish date ( I was touching cloth while I was posting it ). I did think that we got rid of our harriers

5 posts and the H word.

Is that a record? :)

The excellent Maj James Loden; how the airborne blokes I have worked with in the past have rated his incisive and cutting analysis........

Bit of a shame, eh Jim-Lad, when an email to a "mate" ends up going viral, to the extent that CGS is on TV calling your remarks "unfortunate". BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | Major calls RAF support 'useless'. Implicit in that statement - "It's unfortunate your future is f***ed, Loden".

Haven't seen his name on the Pink List since - funny that........

The excellent Maj James Loden; how the airborne blokes I have worked with in the past have rated his incisive and cutting analysis........

Bit of a shame, eh Jim-Lad, when an email to a "mate" ends up going viral, to the extent that CGS is on TV calling your remarks "unfortunate". BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | Major calls RAF support 'useless'. Implicit in that statement - "It's unfortunate your future is f***ed, Loden".

Maybe the badge caught him speeding round camp on his loud motorbike. ;-)

T

Tinman74

The RAF Regiment are useless the, AT from BZZ can be tiresome, but the fast air is spot on. They still are a bunch of light blue wearing civvies!!

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
The RAF Regiment are useless the, AT from BZZ can be tiresome, but the fast air is spot on. They still are a bunch of light blue wearing civvies!!
Bollocks! We havn't had an airfield nicked in years.

I was with A Company in Sangin on H4. I thought JL was a good OC personally. There again, I was A Coy FSG and was pretty much left alone. Have never heard any 3 PARA blokes slag him off though.

I thought this was going to be the first honest MOD RSS* feed when I saw the tittle! :)
I think even the MOD would have managed to spell 'useless' correctly.

... I thought it was a hint JSF was off the cards and we were going to develop an ac without US backing.

D

Deleted 20555

What he actually meant to say was -the RAF was an "enormously effective", "invaluable" and "absolutely essential part of the operations in Afghanistan".

But he had one of those freudian slip things where you say what you're actually thinking at the time.

The_Duke

LE
I was with A Company in Sangin on H4. I thought JL was a good OC personally. There again, I was A Coy FSG and was pretty much left alone. Have never heard any 3 PARA blokes slag him off though.
I worked for him before, and thought he was good. Of course, his main problem was that he had been to Afghanistan before whilst on an exchange post with the UA Army. He had seen airmobile operations and air support being done properly, with the assets needed integrated into the unit.

To go from that to 1 x CH47 and a Harrier flown by Mr Magoo was obviously too much for him.

I met my first RAF pilot in the Waltsing Matilda Bar, Hong Kong, in 1972. Had "it" 4 times before I felt the 7oclock shadow on my thighs. Should carry a health warning!!!

Latest Threads