The Quotes section - will it return?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by moggy_cattermole, Apr 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When arrse changed providers, or something along those lines, there were various changes and functions which had issues which needed resolving. I believe Good_CO made a thread with a great long to-do list of various things and on it was mentioned the quotes section being re-implemented.

Obviously in the run of things, it's not a very important feature of arrse, but I have to admit, I quite liked the bank of quotes that arrse used to have, and I was wondering if there was any chance that we would see its return?
  2. On a similar subject: The photos on the front page are getting stale. Can we have some fresh new ones please?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Here, here! It was always a highlight of the old arrse the front page random quotes, most educational.
  4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I like the idea of resurrecting the random quotes, although I'll do the likes problem first.

I'm not quite sure how front page photos is on a similar subject, Legs, but a good point nonetheless.
  5. That's good to know. Cheers!
  6. Out of interest, does it look like the quotes section might be resurrectable, now we're a little way down the road?
  7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Well reminded. I've just been researching this and it is not going to return on our current software, vbulletin. Future changes may enable us to bring quotes back though.
  8. Righto. Many thanks for looking into it.