The Queen's speech

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by supermatelot, Dec 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seemed to choreographed to me - she appears to be a devout christian all of a sudden.
    I would like a queen's speech where she spoke her mind, not merely reading a script from whatever political persuation holds the reigns at the time.

Ideally, I'd like one that started...: "Right you *******...."

2. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

At least HM the Queen bothers about people, albeit in advance, unlike certain others who are obvious by their inane comments or too busy with themselves to bother about the citizens of this country.

3. Can we strap Peter Dow into a chair and staple his eyes open and make him watch the Queen's Christmas Message on a loop until his head explodes?

• Like Like x 6
  4. You watch that gash? Are you 75?

5. God Bless her, long may she reign.

The OP has a point. DC's recent official line that we are a "christian country" (news to me) would be too much of a coincidence?

Christian in faith , by nature, in the majority, officially. Apparently.

6. Do you think that she actually writes it?

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Queen is a devout Christian? You'd think as Queen she'd give herself a title, something like "Defender of the Faith and Supreme Governor of the Church of England"

Sent from my Desire HD

• Like Like x 5
  8. HM did an outstanding job this year completing a punishing schedule that would have knackered women half her age.
    I thought her Christmas message pretty good both in content and delivery. I don't know if it was 'live,' though if it was even greater respect in view of her husbands ill health.

HM is head of the Church of England, a responsibility she takes very seriously despite the buffoons in the Churches' hierarchy who seem hell bent on its destruction.
    So mentioning Christmas in her Christmas message seems a pretty natural thing to do.

Long Live The Queen!

• Like Like x 8
  9. Tremaine pinged exactly what I was getting at. I'm too pissed to be coherent now but..you get the jist of it. etc.

10. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I suspect that a lot of the so called choreographing may have been due to the fact that the message was rota'd out to Sky News for production for the first time.

As for some being shocked about HM's display of faith- it's hardly breaking news is it?

11. Did anyone else notice that she said 'Prince Philip and me..' ??!! Terrible English!

12. It's the Queen's English, she can do what she wants with it.

Sent from mIphone a Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 7
  13. Excellent, as always. Long may she continue to reign. Quite honestly our nations would be pretty shoite without HM, or indeed her successors, around. Not a fan of having monarchies dressed up as republics either - can't think of one anywhere that would be as good as what we have.

Btw. For those who need to know It's not live. We watched it at 4pm Christmas Day here in Oz, which would be 5am UK time. It's recorded earlier in the month I think.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Keine sheisse Sherlock!

15. Thanks for that. Merely trying to help as some earlier posters queried whether it was or wasnt. Merry Christmas.