The Queen's Platinum Jubilee Medal (QPJM) – Eligibility Criteria for Ministry of Defence employees

Details of different eligible groups within MOD who will qualify for the QPJM, with the criteria each are individually and collectively subject to, as well as supporting information.

Continue reading...

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
The bit for the Volunteer Reserve Forces appears be inconsistent with the eligibility for everyone else. It would appear that breaks in service, previous service etc are not allowed:

b. Volunteer Reserve Forces All personnel who ar in effective military Volunteer Reserve service, as defined in paragraphs 4c (1-8) below, and meet the following requirements:​
(1) To be in Service on 6 Feb 22, and;​
(2) To have been a member of an Eligible Group for a minimum of 1826 days by 6 Feb 22, and;​
(3) To have received 5 Certificates of Efficiency (CofE). 4 out of the total of 5 annual CofE must have been achieved between the training years 2017/18 and 2021/22. The fifth may have been achieved at any time. The training year 2021/22 need not be one of the qualifying years, but Volunteer Reserve Service personnel must be in service on 6 Feb 22). Exceptions are at Paragraph 4c (1-6)​
A maximum of one non-CofE earning training year within the mandated continuity period between training years 2017/18 and 2021/22 is permissible in order to maintain eligibility as a Volunteer Reservist. Service may be aggregated within these constraints. Those missing two or more CofE within this period, irrespective of their overall total of CofE, will not be eligible.​
For the purposes of qualifying for the QPJM only, Volunteer Reservists mobilised for 27+ days within a non-Certificate of Efficiency earning training year may count this in lieu of CofE for that year.​

It doesn't affect me but I'm concerned that it may affect a small but significant number of reservists.

It seems unlikely, but the inconsistency makes me wonder if it's a cock up. Somebody wrote the paragraph without completely understanding what they've written and nobody bothered to query it.

Majorpain

War Hero
It doesn't affect me but I'm concerned that it may affect a small but significant number of reservists.

It seems unlikely, but the inconsistency makes me wonder if it's a cock up. Somebody wrote the paragraph without completely understanding what they've written and nobody bothered to query it.
Anyone who qualifies time wise will know by now that getting screwed over like this should be in the job description! Saving the MOD some pennies is far more important than trying to retain expensively trained personnel.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
I
Anyone who qualifies time wise will know by now that getting screwed over like this should be in the job description! Saving the MOD some pennies is far more important than trying to retain expensively trained personnel.
I suspect it’s more cock up than intent. If they wanted to save money they would have applied similar rules across the board.

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I

I suspect it’s more cock up than intent. If they wanted to save me money they would have applied similar rules across the board.
It's the expensively untrained they're retaining to write the criteria.