The Queens Cavalry

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by TheLordFlasheart, Oct 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On BBC 1 now (2030-2100). Looks mildy entertaining.

Documentry about donkey wallopers and those blokes that slouch around Buck house.
  2. Would have been even more amusing if that bloke had fallen off when he started feelinbg faint :lol:

Then again, sweets handed out on parade? Bunch of girl scouts..........
  3. I can't beleive that riding boots polished so that you can't actually ride properly in them ever formed part of cavalry uniform...

Bet they won't show footage of the riding-master falling off at Burghley a few weeks ago.
  4. WTF's with the para wings????????
  5. I think you earn them for doing P Coy and a jumps course. :roll:
  6. i was expecting a drug fuelled orgy.oh well.
  7. There was a Discovery programme a few years ago that showed a HCR recce squadron deploying by parachute on an exercise in America, complete with armoured vehicles, I assume that to throw themselves and their tanks out of a plane they would need some sort of qualification.
  8. Well, with the television cameras around, they had to appear to be 'kind' to the troopers.

They could probably only show very short snippets of the JNCO Cadre field firing as the rest was full of swearing and violence etc.

Funny seeing the horse 'spending a penny' when the Queen was talking to its rider!
  9. Completely off topic but it's good to see the expression "spend a penny" is still around. Of course, if we were in the European single currency, we wouldn't be able to do that. We'd have to Euro-nate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll get my coat!
  10. I enjoyed the programme, mind you that horse riding instructor needed a haircut !!!
  11. My wife insisted on watching the Bill! :roll:
  12. Ahh WhiteHorse, you missed out.

If i were you, i would book my seat in front of the television next Thursday at 2030 now!
  13. Or record it?
  14. The RAC Para Sqn was disbanded in 1975, not the best move on HMG's part in my opinion. They were (again, my opinion) probably one of the most motivated and enthusiastic units I've ever come across. They were also a great bunch of people. Has another Sqn taken over the airborne role?
  15. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

HCAV have a para role and are required to maintain a cadre of para trained personell. They support 16AA amongst others.
    And the maroon gods also have to do the donkeys like all the rest of us!