The Queen of Soul is dead

I think he was saying that racism hadn't affected her success, which given the time and place I find extremely hard to believe.
No. He was implying that non beautiful people don’t get selected anymore.

Christopher Cross was an award winning singer songwriter in the days before MTV. As soon as the music industry went down the entertainment door guys like him were ditched because they didn’t look right.

I think he was saying that racism hadn't affected her success, which given the time and place I find extremely hard to believe.
More this:

Christopher Cross was an award winning singer songwriter in the days before MTV. As soon as the music industry went down the entertainment door guys like him were ditched because they didn’t look right.
Hence me posting a song Cesaria Evora earlier - and the follow-on post about Etta James.

One could say the same about Freddie Mercury. A man with his dentistry wouldn't make the cut these days.

Anyway, I wasn't picking a fight. Back to the tributes.

erm which would have put a bit of a clamp on Ella. Sorry mate but when Sachmo and Ella Got together..... I know that's jazz

A real singer. As opposed to them modern crap artists who aren't fit to open a door for her. Sad to hear she's gone.

Another legend gone.

Thank God the kids have Taylor Swift and Lady GaGa to comfort them.
You missed out Lily Allen!
Farewell Aretha, you deservedly reached the status of musical legend. Not really my musical taste, being a Rock fan and all, but I know class and quality when I hear it. She was a bit of a minx too. When being interviewed and asked if she believed men were intimated by her, she replied deadpan, “I’ve known a few men who have rose to the occasion”! RIP

Ariane Grande appears to have been the star of the show at Aretha's funeral.

Bishop Charles H Ellis copped a sneaky Jimmy Savile;

while Bill Clinton was duly appreciative

Mind you, given the chance, Bill might have taken a shot at the guest of honour.

Obama and GW Bush sent letters to be read out as I believe that they had a double booking - John McCain's funeral.

The current head of the shed was not invited to either.

Makes a difference for it to be a legal aged sexy female rather than a pre-pubesent boy. I take my hat off to the Bishop but she isnt exactly big, I imagine he spends most of the time with his arm around fat yanks so a petite one threw his sense of balance out.

That said, at any opportunity I would go in for a cheapy with Ariana Grande and her lucky partner looks like an alibino negro: