Discussion in 'RAC' started by SmithsRail, Nov 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is it actually like being based in Germany with The Queens Royal Hussars? Some people say its a load of **** but I start basic soon and that's who I hope to be joining! any information would be a great help!
  2. Each Regiment are much the same buddy, check out the regimental website and the bulletin board and you will begin to see that we are a cut above the rest, but hey make your own mind up, hope you're career gives you all you put in and good luck..

Mente et Manu
  3. :( dont do it !!

RAC is not the best for trades either to do all the time or once in the years to come for civvy street. Apart from if you need to use a dishwasher once in a while. :idea:
  4. you will enjoy germany i just left after 7 years loved it qrh aint that bad but you could have chosen a better regiment tanks are good fun but as said by SynTrax its no good for when you leave unless you wish to drive trucks and head down the mt road but thats crap (been there done thatcrap) and you wont spend that much time on tanks as most of them are in warehouses gathering dust as the gov dont want us using them :? the only time you will get to grips with them will be ranges in probably fallingbostel or senne some small exersise,poland and canada thats about it doubt you will ever get on sailsbury plain as we own it now good luck all the best for basic :salut: :thumright:
  5. My Bold.

define "we own Salisbury Plain"
  6. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

How about:

We are soldiers of the Queen. She owns every square inch of the UK regardless of what your title deeds say.
  7. 2rtr are here to stay we will own the area after a few exersises
  8. is this the same cvrt who is desperate to transfer to the engineers??? :roll:

Looks like RTR's loss is the RE's gain :D
  9. yes just had enough of the uk and the reg at this mo in time main reason my wife is german and all her family is there and i have no family so want back to germany
  10. No luck then finding a job in the northwest UK then either.
  11. nope only ones i was looking at wouldnt cover my living costs with 3 kids and a wife and others would have me away 6 days a week so staying in