Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Q-ANON conspiracy - a Black Propaganda victory ?

Nomad1382

War Hero
There is an inherent media bias towards the extremes of any story - it makes the story more dynamic and easier to tell, particularly if the journalist is a generalist and doesn't really know the nuances of what they're reporting - which is most of them now.

I don't want to be complacent but the the story of the last five years, certainly in the UK, is of people gobbing off on social media and the MSM telling everyone what to think before the bulk of the population sticks it to them via the ballot box. The BBC hates both Brexit and Boris but he's still got one of the largest parliamentary majorities since the Second World War.

The American people didn't need a paedophile ring to realise that Clinton was a wrong 'un in 2016 and no-one could have made it harder to vote for Trump in 2020 than he did himself. I think there's a danger of over-estimating the influence of 'dark forces'.
Some of which echoes what I've been saying for he last 5 years. I predicted a year ago that the winner of the US election would be the person who offended the middle of the road people the least. Trump proved to be his own worst enemy.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Some of which echoes what I've been saying for he last 5 years. I predicted a year ago that the winner of the US election would be the person who offended the middle of the road people the least. Trump proved to be his own worst enemy.

It's generally reckoned that the biggest single advantage an incumbent President has in an election is to be Presidential. Trump simply binned it - which is a good indicator of the limits of his political genius.

Mufulira42

Old-Salt
Killary, amirite?

What disturbs me at the moment is the way "we" have polarised debate & political views these days and seemingly seek to criminalise unpopular opinions.

The effect of that has been to push people onto apps where it would be easier for foreign governments to identify the most credible anti-Western government individuals and provide them with the support & narratives to destabilise our societies. And as they're not Western apps, they're not subject to our moderation or terms and conditions.

I'd also be suprised if the Guardian & the entities that it gives a platform to are not receiving roubles too. There's no other platform in the UK injecting doom & gloom directly into the eyes of it's readers.
The Canuck media are now recipients of Liberal Gov't largesse to the tune of almost a billion bucks "to preserve Canadian content" ( and thought) -- the Gov't doesn't like awkward questions just easy to bat queries

Have you never read the Daily Mail?

Er, maybe?

The difference with the DM is that there's the sidebar of shame & plenty of gusset to cool the eyes after doom-scrolling through the usual "asylum seekers bummed my nan's mortgage" stories.

The Guardian's entire output swings between "you're scum, and here's why" and "it's a new low for the UK" stories. The only seam that wasn't all doom was adverts for handbags from artisanal workshops in the mountains of Tomeculo, Andulucia that cost more than the entirety of the average credit card limit.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I searched q-anon on the internet because I didn't have a scooby of what they were . Now i wished I hadn't wasted my time , just how do they get so much promotion the feeeckwits?

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
P.S I just luvre people who say " oh i posted this / knew this years ago but no one beleived me " yet they never post the original post with dates stamps to proove it . My nephew does this all the time the git .

endure

GCM
Er, maybe?

The difference with the DM is that there's the sidebar of shame & plenty of gusset to cool the eyes after doom-scrolling through the usual "asylum seekers bummed my nan's mortgage" stories.

The Guardian's entire output swings between "you're scum, and here's why" and "it's a new low for the UK" stories. The only seam that wasn't all doom was adverts for handbags from artisanal workshops in the mountains of Tomeculo, Andulucia that cost more than the entirety of the average credit card limit.
Ben Gloldcare used to writte a column called 'Bad Science' in the Graun years ago but I think it just confused the readership.

P.S I just luvre people who say " oh i posted this / knew this years ago but no one beleived me " yet they never post the original post with dates stamps to proove it . My nephew does this all the time the git .
trumpy.png

*Shrug* :D

I searched q-anon on the internet because I didn't have a scooby of what they were . Now i wished I hadn't wasted my time , just how do they get so much promotion the feeeckwits?

And now your email doesn't work and you "think" you've been hacked.

Join the dots, sheeple.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
So Q is a conspiracy theory aimed at those poor old white nationalists, and thus getting themselves to expose themselves as nasty little neo-nazi fucktards.

Poor them.

No.

But it is not beyond the bounds of rational thought that Q-ANON may be part of a concerted thrust by what some people choose to label 'State Actors' to confuse, muddle and subvert the unthinking.

Given the pre-existing levels of deep ignorance ready to be exploited, it's not such a ludicrous proposition.

Just a fleeting notion- not going to die in a ditch for it.

Latest Threads