The Q-ANON conspiracy - a Black Propaganda victory ?

Thanks @Yokel - appreciated. Public source info I'm sure.

Seems to me the main thrust of the Q-ANON activity (whatever its origin and agenda) fits well with the objectives in the top right hand corner of that slide: Hecklers

What is the aim?

• To discredit Democracy, Public and Government figures ? Tick
  • Sow Mistrust ? Amply demonstrated. Tick
  • Advance Narratives ? Tick

Who stands to benefit ?

Any adversary who wants to see US leadership effectively castrated.

Edited to add: At a guess, a division of the SVR called APT 29 will be spending fat bonuses in 2021.

This qualifies as Quite Interesting : https://media.defense.gov/2020/Jul/...PT29_ADVISORY-QUAD-OFFICIAL-20200709-1810.PDF - though mostly of interest to IT folks.

and some 'non-MSM ' coverage : How the Russian hacking group Cozy Bear, suspected in the SolarWinds breach, plays the long game - CyberScoop

[ Hurrah for Agent Googol :-D ]

From the horse's bison's mouth.

'The shirtless rioter who was pictured storming the U.S. Capitol in an outfit of horns and fur has told the FBI that he came to Washington D.C. on Wednesday "at the request of the President."

'Jake Angeli, 32, of Arizona, whose real name is Jacob Anthony Chansley, was arrested on Saturday and charged with "knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, and with violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds," according to the Department of Justice.

'A Capitol Police arrest affidavit shows that Chansley called into the Washington Field Office for the FBI on January 7, one day after the riots, and "voluntarily" confirmed to officials that he was the "male in face paint and headdress in the Vice President's chair in the Senate."

So Q is a conspiracy theory aimed at those poor old white nationalists, and thus getting themselves to expose themselves as nasty little neo-nazi fucktards.

Poor them.

I would have thought that the point is that it doesn't just drag in the neo-nazi's and other random extremists.
It also drags in ordinary concerned citizens who start with a healthy sceptesism of politicians and government and end up dragged in to wider discontent

In the UK we should all be familar with the concept and hundreds of thousands of people fall for it and believe it.
A similar type of bubbling conspiracies rumour leads to thousands of people in the UK being utterly convinced Coronavirus is fake

I get your point that some people deserve everything they get, but it drags in millions people who's only fault is being a little bit dim and believing everything they see on Faceache

One of the largely unsung successes of Britain in WWII was the work of a small department in the Ministry of Propaganda ( later the Central Office of Information )

For several years, this tiny group was engaged in subverting the Reich from WITHIN.

Broadcasting in colloquial German they spent their time reducing Nazi morale and sowing FUD. Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

One of their key platforms for this was a fake radio station which pretended to be a reliable source for Germans sick of hearing Goebbels' lies and desperate for a news source that reflected their own 'lived reality'

The Brits provided it.

In the United Kingdom, the Political Warfare Executive operated a number of black propaganda radio stations. Gustav Siegfried Eins (GS1) was one of the first such stations—purporting to be a clandestine German station. The speaker, "Der Chef", purported to be a Nazi extremist, accusing Adolf Hitler and his henchmen of going soft. The station focused on alleged corruption and sexual improprieties of Nazi Party members.

Another example was the British radio station Soldatensender Calais, which purported to be a radio station for the Wehrmacht. Under the direction of Sefton Delmer, a British journalist who spoke perfect Berliner German, Soldatensender Calais and its associated shortwave station, Kurzwellensender Atlantik [de], broadcast music, up-to-date sports scores, speeches of Adolf Hitler for "cover" and subtle propaganda.

Radio Deutschland was another radio station employed by the British during the war aimed and designed to undermine German morale and create tensions that would ultimately disrupt the German war effort. The station was broadcast on a frequency close on the radio dial to an actual German station. During the war most Germans actually believed that this station was in fact a German radio station and it even gained the recognition of Germany's propaganda chief Joseph Goebbels.[7]

There were British black propaganda radio stations in most of the languages of occupied Europe as well as German and Italian.[8] Most of these were based in the area around Bletchley Park and Woburn Abbey in Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire respectively.

Another possible example was a rumour that there had been a German attempt to land on British shores at Shingle Street, but it had been repulsed with large German casualties. This was reported in the American press, and in William L. Shirer's Berlin Diary but was officially denied. British papers, declassified in 1993, have suggested this was a successful example of British black propaganda to bolster morale in the UK, USA and occupied Europe.
[9]

Scroll forward to 2016.

A highly placed 'secret source' deep within the US Government starts drip-feeding bizarre but apparently credible stories into the American public consciousness.

The main thrust is to sow distrust of previously well-regarded news sources.
Sunday Times article : August 23 2020 : It started with pizza. But QAnon is a serious threat

It has belatedly occurred to me that the great Q-ANON con trick might quite possibly be one of the most successful 'Black Propaganda' operations ever perpetrated by a wily and subtle adversary in the history of Psy-Ops.....

There may be current practitioners here who can recognise the known 'combat indicators' of a psy-op in full flow....just thinking out loud.....

Tin-foil hat fetched, is that my taxi?

Who are you exactly? How much research have you done first hand on Q? Or are you repeating MSM propaganda?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
One of the largely unsung successes of Britain in WWII was the work of a small department in the Ministry of Propaganda ( later the Central Office of Information )

For several years, this tiny group was engaged in subverting the Reich from WITHIN.

Broadcasting in colloquial German they spent their time reducing Nazi morale and sowing FUD. Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

One of their key platforms for this was a fake radio station which pretended to be a reliable source for Germans sick of hearing Goebbels' lies and desperate for a news source that reflected their own 'lived reality'

The Brits provided it.

In the United Kingdom, the Political Warfare Executive operated a number of black propaganda radio stations. Gustav Siegfried Eins (GS1) was one of the first such stations—purporting to be a clandestine German station. The speaker, "Der Chef", purported to be a Nazi extremist, accusing Adolf Hitler and his henchmen of going soft. The station focused on alleged corruption and sexual improprieties of Nazi Party members.

Another example was the British radio station Soldatensender Calais, which purported to be a radio station for the Wehrmacht. Under the direction of Sefton Delmer, a British journalist who spoke perfect Berliner German, Soldatensender Calais and its associated shortwave station, Kurzwellensender Atlantik [de], broadcast music, up-to-date sports scores, speeches of Adolf Hitler for "cover" and subtle propaganda.

Radio Deutschland was another radio station employed by the British during the war aimed and designed to undermine German morale and create tensions that would ultimately disrupt the German war effort. The station was broadcast on a frequency close on the radio dial to an actual German station. During the war most Germans actually believed that this station was in fact a German radio station and it even gained the recognition of Germany's propaganda chief Joseph Goebbels.[7]

There were British black propaganda radio stations in most of the languages of occupied Europe as well as German and Italian.[8] Most of these were based in the area around Bletchley Park and Woburn Abbey in Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire respectively.

Another possible example was a rumour that there had been a German attempt to land on British shores at Shingle Street, but it had been repulsed with large German casualties. This was reported in the American press, and in William L. Shirer's Berlin Diary but was officially denied. British papers, declassified in 1993, have suggested this was a successful example of British black propaganda to bolster morale in the UK, USA and occupied Europe.
[9]

Scroll forward to 2016.

A highly placed 'secret source' deep within the US Government starts drip-feeding bizarre but apparently credible stories into the American public consciousness.

The main thrust is to sow distrust of previously well-regarded news sources.
Sunday Times article : August 23 2020 : It started with pizza. But QAnon is a serious threat

It has belatedly occurred to me that the great Q-ANON con trick might quite possibly be one of the most successful 'Black Propaganda' operations ever perpetrated by a wily and subtle adversary in the history of Psy-Ops.....

There may be current practitioners here who can recognise the known 'combat indicators' of a psy-op in full flow....just thinking out loud.....

Tin-foil hat fetched, is that my taxi?

America's had crazies since the Mayflower sailed. Even the most ambitious foreign info op would look like a model of sanity compared to what the home-grown fruitloops can create.

1610271539330.png

1610271695932.jpeg

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Who are you exactly? How much research have you done first hand on Q? Or are you repeating MSM propaganda?

Let me guess.

You've done lots of research in Q?

And don't believe anything you read in MSM?

I would have thought that the point is that it doesn't just drag in the neo-nazi's and other random extremists.
It also drags in ordinary concerned citizens who start with a healthy sceptesism of politicians and government and end up dragged in to wider discontent

In the UK we should all be familar with the concept and hundreds of thousands of people fall for it and believe it.
A similar type of bubbling conspiracies rumour leads to thousands of people in the UK being utterly convinced Coronavirus is fake

I get your point that some people deserve everything they get, but it drags in millions people who's only fault is being a little bit dim and believing everything they see on Faceache

...and operates on similar principles to the now-discredited honey trap method of leading on silly but essentially innocent people to incriminate themselves...

Yokel

LE
Q = XL/R

Q = Quality factor (dimensionless)
XL = Inductive reactance (Ohms)
R = Resistance (Ohms)

That is all you need to know.

Individuals lacking intelligence and the ability to resist nonsense conspiracy theories and fed nonsense with great frequency and the react to that.

The conspiracy theorist leaders and far right act as oscillators.

Ordinary concerned citizens who believe that Hillary Clinton runs a peadophile ring from the basement of a Washington DC pizza restaurant?

Those ordinary concerned citizens, or different ones?

Ordinary concerned citizens who believe that Hillary Clinton runs a peadophile ring from the basement of a Washington DC pizza restaurant?

Those ordinary concerned citizens, or different ones?

How about the ordinary concerned citizens that know for a fact (because its been all over the telly) that her husband was a regular traveller on the Lolita Express and invloved with Epstein?

1610275452162.png

I am in no way supporting conspiracy theorists, what I am saying is that the boundary between wild conspiracy and widely acknowledged "fact" is becoming increasingly blurred.

Hilary Clinton running a peadophile ring might not be credible, but there is evidence that Bill Clinton was partying with Epstein, Hilary has been pretty quiet about that, does that make her complicit?
Not difficult to see why ordinary septics become sceptical septics is it?

It isn't really a surprise if the average American is a bit dubious of the moral standards of their political leaders is it?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
How about the ordinary concerned citizens that know for a fact (because its been all over the telly) that her husband was a regular traveller on the Lolita Express and invloved with Epstein?

View attachment 537918

I am in no way supporting conspiracy theorists, what I am saying is that the boundary between wild conspiracy and widely acknowledged "fact" is becoming increasingly blurred.

Hilary Clinton running a peadophile ring might not be credible, but there is evidence that Bill Clinton was partying with Epstein, Hilary has been pretty quiet about that, does that make her complicit?
Not difficult to see why ordinary septics become sceptical septics is it?

It isn't really a surprise if the average American is a bit dubious of the moral standards of their political leaders is it?
Also, I think people are pre-disposed to wanting to believe that things happen because somewhere there is a 'big plan/conspiracy' - a concept they find comforting compared to the random alternative. A certain type of person wants to believe that JFK was whacked by the CIA/Mafia because the truth that he was taken out by a loner who knew how to shoot is too mundane and arbitrary to be acceptable.

There's also the indubitable fact that there's fame and fortune to be made from a good conspiracy theory - as Erich Von Daniken consistently proved, not to mention a feeling of power over the gullible because 'you know!'.

We came from dust, we're going back to dust and there is no magic in the world. Some people have difficulty handling that.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Vladdy must be chuckling at viewing the Gong Show going on in the Excited States --- he couldn't have planned and executed it better! Better still it didn't cost him a single rouble!

Well, that depends how much the goon show based in Leningrad - who spent so long trying to convince the world that two hoods visited Salisbury just to see the cathedral - are costing per diem.

Even semi-literate failed IT grads cost a buck or two.

Last edited:
It looks like he has done far more research than you have been willing to share the fruits of.

I suspect that you refrain from making specific statements to avoid being called out on them.

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
Killary, amirite?

What disturbs me at the moment is the way "we" have polarised debate & political views these days and seemingly seek to criminalise unpopular opinions.

The effect of that has been to push people onto apps where it would be easier for foreign governments to identify the most credible anti-Western government individuals and provide them with the support & narratives to destabilise our societies. And as they're not Western apps, they're not subject to our moderation or terms and conditions.

I'd also be suprised if the Guardian & the entities that it gives a platform to are not receiving roubles too. There's no other platform in the UK injecting doom & gloom directly into the eyes of it's readers.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Killary, amirite?

What disturbs me at the moment is the way "we" have polarised debate & political views these days and seemingly seek to criminalise unpopular opinions.

The effect of that has been to push people onto apps where it would be easier for foreign governments to identify the most credible anti-Western government individuals and provide them with the support & narratives to destabilise our societies. And as they're not Western apps, they're not subject to our moderation or terms and conditions.

I'd also be suprised if the Guardian & the entities that it gives a platform to are not receiving roubles too. There's no other platform in the UK injecting doom & gloom directly into the eyes of it's readers.

There is an inherent media bias towards the extremes of any story - it makes the story more dynamic and easier to tell, particularly if the journalist is a generalist and doesn't really know the nuances of what they're reporting - which is most of them now.

I don't want to be complacent but the the story of the last five years, certainly in the UK, is of people gobbing off on social media and the MSM telling everyone what to think before the bulk of the population sticks it to them via the ballot box. The BBC hates both Brexit and Boris but he's still got one of the largest parliamentary majorities since the Second World War.

The American people didn't need a paedophile ring to realise that Clinton was a wrong 'un in 2016 and no-one could have made it harder to vote for Trump in 2020 than he did himself. I think there's a danger of over-estimating the influence of 'dark forces'.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Damn straight - wotesaid ... /\

'Mr Squeaker I would wish to associate myself most strongly with the remarks of the Hon. and Gallant Member for Nou Campo (Sud) "