The Purpose of This Forum

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Fugly, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Evening all.

The ACIO is not the be-all and end-all of advice, for a multitude of reasons. Yes, the extremely professional guys in there can recruit you and advise to the best of their ability, but they are not walking examples of Army doctrine - there may be a few jobs within a few Regiments/Corps which they are not aware of. Also, they are predominately senior Cpls or SNCO's, and may be quite intimidating to potential 16/17 year old recruits.

I think (chavism/dullards aside) we need to give a few (just a few!) people on this forum a break.

I refer you to my post on another thread:

Apart from the true dullards who need dealing with appropriately (DaPs and his ilk), we (the serving variety) need to give some of our potential workforce a bit of guidance that the ACIO can't always give - they're not infallible.

2. Here, here Fugly. Totally agree.

But when a throbber appears please direct them to Fukwitistan :D

3. Fugly

Whilst I agree with your statement (sort of) Most of the advice sought on the joining thread is exactly what the Guys at the ACIO/AFCO can and do answer everyday.
    I agree some questions about job spec and such can be answered by the people who do the job 24/7.
    As for feeling intimidated, well thats going to happen to some people, but they have to come and see us at some point.
    What really grips me is the people who ask on here rather than go to there nearest office or alternately ask Recruiter and then come on here and then ask the same question hoping for a different answer.

4. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I wasn't having a dig at Recruiting staff mate, quite the opposite - I am fully aware of the high levels of experience / knowledge they have. Arrse however, is an ideal tool to be used as an extension of the recruitment process - with appropriate control.

Bone questions (seen on here all to frequently) are quite rightly met with derision, however a lot of "advice" is being handed out by people who don't have a clue.

I fully agree that recruits should obtain a definitive answer from the ACIO, but there should be nothing wrong with coming on here first and getting a bit of advice / preparing questions to ask before approaching Recruiters in person.

5. From the posts i have made on this site, i have been totally misrepresented.

Maybe the way posts have been read and intepreted caused this, coupled with the fact that everyones mind is set to believe anyone who posts on this part of the forum is a chav/moron/dullard.

This is me, not a considered or an opinion of me, but me:

I train hard everyday in preparation for the army.

I eat three square meals, more than 5 fruit and veg a day.

I have a very good mindset and strive to improve, which i continue to do.

I don't answer back, i listen/will listen to those in command.

As i said previously, maybe you have interpreted some of my posts to sound as if i think i know better than everyone; None of my posts had this intention.

I am incredibly intelligent and a ;nice guy to chat to, i can talk to anyone and am not a dullard.

I completely understand why anyone would of thought i sound like a mong, but this seems to be the trend on forums, especially when bone questions by newbies like me are asked.

No hard feelings, alls well and i'm still pushing on with my training.(I'm actually getting quite good!)

Wouldn't mind if you'd remove my name from these posts, seeing as i've been wrongly represented.

DaPs.

6. DaPs. You forgot to mention modest.

7. Your name stays as a valid point is made. However young potential recruits like DaPs and others need guidance not persecution.

Save your personal attacks, vendettas and post count crusades for other forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.