The Purpose of life?

Discussion in 'The Science Forum' started by Dashing_Chap, Sep 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Great speech by Dawkins on the 'Purpose of Purpose'.

(Skip to 40:00 to avoid the usual evolution lecture and get to the main points)

2. **** off, not watching someone waffle for 52 minutes...especially on the connection I would end up to be 3 hours.
  3. To annoy the shit out of you ******* from my living room from behind a keyboard on a laptop whilst the dog snores and I throw stuff at him so he doesn't shit on the carpet.

I should really teach the little bugger to bring me some smokes and turn the lights off so I can go to bed. It's difficult with his paws though, because I cut them off earlier. Little rat.
  4. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

You definitely live a Wilfred type life
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Skip to 40:00 to avoid the usual evolution lecture and get to the main points.

6. Skip to the nearest highest point you can find, like your mam's roof or something, and jump. Do us all a favour.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Only if you're lying underneath, I need something fat and blubbery to bounce on.

8. You are obviously more seriously delusioned that we thought you were.
  9. I can't be bothered to do that to be honest. I see it is a yank doing it and they have to read meaning into anything and everything. There is no purpose to life. We are just here. If there is a purpose to life, it is to shag and reproduce......but mainly shag.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. It's a Brit, and yes, I concur. That was mostly his point too I think. As well as join the army, eat lots of kebabs and generally **** everything that moves.

Beats the Bible any day.

11. Are you still ******* alive? Skip and jump.
  12. Correctamundo! The purpose of my life is to shag as many slanty eyed bints with long hair as possible.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The purpose of the OP's life is to serve as a warning to others.
  14. T-as-le-stress.jpg

This photograph of the purpose of life was taken near the Isle of Wight, somewhere off Cowes, IIRC.
  15. There is no purpose of life...nor a purpose for wind, flames, trees, radiation or comets...they are just parts of a chain reaction from the big bang. Living stuff has evolved the ability to procreate in a particular way but this is doomed to dust sooner or later.