The psychometric test.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Thetemple, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looked up the recruitment process (trying to join the green berets) and the psychometric is the only thing that's worrying me.

I did average in school and my fitness at the moment will just about do it (spent the last two years binging on food i'm working on losing the fat and upping the health)

How should i prepare for the psych test?
  2. Poor attempt…….must try harder.
  3. <Raise WAH shield>

1. Are you a Septic? - We don't have "Green Berets" in the British Forces! If you mean Royal Marines - this is an Army Site - Marines belong to the Navy (nice chaps in sailor suits bobbing on the oggin etc...)

2. Not aware that Royal gives you a Psychometric test.. The only one I am aware of is for Bomb Disposal duties. I would think, knowing Royal, that you would have to fail to join..

3. The only thing you need to worry about in passing RM selection is your fitness.. You need to be well in the top quartile of fitness to pass... I'm frankly not getting this vibe from you - you will need to do more than wear trainers and jogging bottoms going down to the chippy to reach the required standard..

<Lower WAH Shield>
  4. You can't.
    Psychometric tests aim to measure attributes like intelligence, aptitude and personality. They provide a potential employer with an insight into how well you work with other people, how well you handle stress, and whether you will be able to cope with the intellectual demands of the job.
  5. they also give an indication of wether you are a potential psycopathically insane serial killer-in which case welcome to the modern british army !!
  6. Thanks, maybe i'll just dig up old papers.
  7. Best of luck...

I suspect it may be a long dig!

8. No need to get so irate because you didn't make the grade.
  9. Crisps and a coke please......
  10. Old papers shouldn't/won't help. The point of a psychometric test is to see what your problem solving intelligence is like in the moment. They shouldn't have the same questions again as this can cause factors that effect results, such as demand charateristics and so forth.

Now we could go on to debate if IQ tests and so forth are a true measurment of intelligence like Howard Gardner argues in his five minds for the future book and other literature but for now we shall simply say, yes they do.
  11. Teach him, I cannot, too stupid is he.
  12. I think we might be able to save the system a few quid.
  13. **** me, do you want to be a Green Beret or a gay archaeologist? Make your sodding mind up!!!
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Psychometric testing is nothing to do with problem solving or IQ.

It's there to test your personal attributes.
  15. surely it's dependant on the aim of the study, and what personal attribute you are testing for?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.