The Proper Way to Wear CS95s

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Speedkuff, Jul 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I imagine that this will be an almost obsolete question soon but here goes. I have recently started a spot of instructing with the ACF and 95's are the usual wear for instructors.

When I last wore uniform, 95's were still a few years away soooo....

What is the correct manner for wearing them? Shirts in or out? Is there a book/guide to proper care and usage and if so, where d'ye get it please?

I fully realise this will cause a few sighs and muttering about bone questions but this is an honest search for knowledge. Thanks in Advance :)

2. When i was still in back in 2002 all the units i ever served in C95 had Shirts tucked in, as the rule of thumb was you had a jackets out side, shirts inside.
    Also having them tucked in meant people could see the stable belt you were wearing.

3. Shirt tucked in(I know its a jacket lightweight but it looks like a shirt) unless its very very hot . Creases on shirt trousers ironed flat
    is what are unit does at moment .Putting razor sharp creases on the trousers damages them is what we have been told.

4. Some regt's/Bn's still wear the shirt out, but thats only normaly done on ops in warm climates these days.

Most units now do the shirt in thing, and as for the creases - if it knackers the trousers, why not the shirt? (I'm just asking as I only put creases in my CO's pde pair - the rest are ironed flat as the creases drop out in 1/2 an hour anyway!...)

As for a definitive answer - you'd need to be looking in dress regs for that one........

5. No idea just do as I'm told :D

6. Thanks for the feedback so far folks :D

Is there a big boys book of CS95 with care instructions etc??

7. yep, correct. thou it is debated between units as to wether you iron '95s with creases in. I preach yes.

tip - to make ironing the shirts easier & the collars sit better: carefully remove the zip on both sides by unpicking the stiching. then carefully unpick the stiching holding the tab thats holds on the topmost button, to remove it (you never use this anyway) (then easyier to iron & shirt coller sits a lot better)

8. Shirt at the top. Trs at the bottom end. otherwise looks really silly!!

Care instruction included with every shirt and trs. Read the label!!!

9. Unless of course you are in the RAF, and you don't know how to turn the iron on and tell everyone that combats aren't supposed to be ironed.

Sparky

10. Also;

1. No Stable Belts. Not only are you not meant to, it looks silly. Wear a green plastic belt or a webbing belt.
    2. Ironed creases are apparantly supposed to affect the clothing's ability to disrupt light patterns, or something like that. Some boring techie bastard please elaborate (but wait til I've left). I still do it though.
    3. Winter - sleeves down; Summer - Sleeves rolled up above the elbow. Ask someone at your unit what the summer/winter dress order timings are.
    4. Don't tie the laces at the front of the trousers, it looks shit. Buy twisters from the NAAFI.
    5. I expose as much of the waist cord as I can from the trousers and then cut it off. It's pointless and gets in your way. (I've lost count of the number of times I've pissed on them whilst on exercise)

• Like Like x 1
  11. I second that! Get rid of the buggers! In my unit the only people that can wear a stable belt are those on the recruiting team, and only when recruiting.

T C

12. Alrighty,

I think that's me sorted, spesh the tip about pissing on the cord - memories of jungle combats there.... lol

Cheers Mateys :)

13. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Shirts in, no tailored sleeves and definately NO stable belt!

14. yep, correct. thou it is debated between units as to wether you iron '95s with creases in. I preach yes.

tip - to make ironing the shirts easier & the collars sit better: carefully remove the zip on both sides by unpicking the stiching. then carefully unpick the stiching holding the tab thats holds on the topmost button, to remove it (you never use this anyway) (then easyier to iron & shirt coller sits a lot better)[/quote]

Sorry you need to get out more!

IMD

15. Luckily for me i wear shirts in with tailored sleeves and a stable belt ( but then again i am proud of my Corps)

Sparky