The press and personal security

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by unixman, Mar 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is a photograph in the Telegraph (here Libya: first female British Typhoon pilot in action - Telegraph) from which a serving RAF female pilot could probably be identified.

I strongly suspect that the photograph has not been cleared by the MoD so why the f*ck under the current conditions does the press (and the Telegraph at that!) publish such things?

Answers on a postcard to Telegraph.co.uk - Telegraph online, Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph - Telegraph

Oh the Daily Wail is worse. Attempted to give us an enlarged image

Libya no-fly zone: Lone female Typhoon pilot keeps up the pressure on Gaddafi | Mail Online

2. She'd get it anyway. Probably has a facebook account so stop worrying

3. [​IMG]

A ginger jet jockeyette? I wouldn't mess with her.

4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

The Press Association (PA) will have obtained their pix from MoD. There's no name mentioned, and apart from the fact that she's the only female gwar typhoon jockey there's no real ID to find (oops).......

5. Yeah, PERSEC, it's not a dirty word you know.

Some people need educating.

6. Mr_Fingerz

You mean like "analingus"?

Sorry, I know it's not the NAAFI. But, Dinger's right PERSEC is not a dirty word.

7. Hopefully when shes back from her sortie she tells the MOD_RSS feeder to **** Off !!

8. Crevice is a dirty word

9. Mr_Fingerz

No it isn't.

Now "uranalgia" is a dirty word, and so is "scatophagy".

But let's not hijack the thread. PERSEC is not a dirty word, and that yellow press has made a mess of it.

10. HHH

HHH LE

How did she get the jet into that hole in the ground!

11. Mr_Fingerz

She got a man to reverse it in.....

12. Maybe she does a bit of dusting and tidying up before the pilot actually arrives ?

13. how do you tell the difference??

14. She appears to have a Donkey's Dick up her arrse !

Now COAL - thats a dirty word !

15. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I think there is quite a lot of PERSEC waltism. There are plenty of pictures of service people giving names, ranks and units in service magazine and articles all published in clear on the internet as well as being available and WH Smiths etc. Not to mention programs on the box where people are clearly identified.

One of the posters on this thread has been on the TV and is in print.