The press and personal security

There is a photograph in the Telegraph (here Libya: first female British Typhoon pilot in action - Telegraph) from which a serving RAF female pilot could probably be identified.

I strongly suspect that the photograph has not been cleared by the MoD so why the f*ck under the current conditions does the press (and the Telegraph at that!) publish such things?

Answers on a postcard to Telegraph.co.uk - Telegraph online, Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph - Telegraph

Oh the Daily Wail is worse. Attempted to give us an enlarged image

Libya no-fly zone: Lone female Typhoon pilot keeps up the pressure on Gaddafi | Mail Online

She'd get it anyway. Probably has a facebook account so stop worrying

A ginger jet jockeyette? I wouldn't mess with her.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
The Press Association (PA) will have obtained their pix from MoD. There's no name mentioned, and apart from the fact that she's the only female gwar typhoon jockey there's no real ID to find (oops).......

Yeah, PERSEC, it's not a dirty word you know.

Some people need educating.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Yeah, PERSEC, it's not a dirty word you know.
You mean like "analingus"?

Sorry, I know it's not the NAAFI. But, Dinger's right PERSEC is not a dirty word.

You mean like "analingus"?

Sorry, I know it's not the NAAFI. But, Dinger's right PERSEC is not a dirty word.
Crevice is a dirty word

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Crevice is a dirty word
No it isn't.

Now "uranalgia" is a dirty word, and so is "scatophagy".

But let's not hijack the thread. PERSEC is not a dirty word, and that yellow press has made a mess of it.

How did she get the jet into that hole in the ground!

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
She appears to have a Donkey's Dick up her arrse !

Now COAL - thats a dirty word !

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I think there is quite a lot of PERSEC waltism. There are plenty of pictures of service people giving names, ranks and units in service magazine and articles all published in clear on the internet as well as being available and WH Smiths etc. Not to mention programs on the box where people are clearly identified.

One of the posters on this thread has been on the TV and is in print.

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I think they need to get a tomtom, their SatNav looks way to complicated.

I wonder if they get a female voice saying 'you have reached your destination. Please drop you bombs now'.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
article-0-0B49C4CD00000578-201_634x941.jpg
All that and no responsible adult NCO to help!#
BTB whats the yellow and black ring thing at bollock height? Lets give it a gooooo....!

I think there is quite a lot of PERSEC waltism. There are plenty of pictures of service people giving names, ranks and units in service magazine and articles all published in clear on the internet as well as being available and WH Smiths etc. Not to mention programs on the box where people are clearly identified.

One of the posters on this thread has been on the TV and is in print.
My original post wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B The Intelligence Cell 10
PartTimePongo The Intelligence Cell 1
Jip Travolta The Intelligence Cell 26