• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

The present and future of armour

Though little old, the article is an intersting one...........

http://www.iss.co.za/Pubs/Monographs/No2/Ogorkiewicz.html

Battlefield management systems are still relatively new. In essence, they amount to the provision of computerised information and communication systems. These include digital maps with coloured flat panel displays, which immediately show the tank commander his position on the basis of the vehicle's inertial or global positioning system (GPS), as well as those of all other tanks in the same unit. All this greatly increases commanders' tactical awareness, reducing the risk of fratricidal fire and enabling them to react more quickly.
Are the British Challenger tanks equipped with Battlefield management systems? One more thing, are Challengers tanks comparabe to Leclerc/Leopard?

Challenger worked well in the sand pit .Can leopard/lLeclerc point to any
proven battle field experince .Question should be the other way round .

Future of armour? Too hot and sweaty. Clanks when you walk, and the horses hate it. Can't see it making a comeback myself.

woody said:
Challenger worked well in the sand pit .Can leopard/lLeclerc point to any
proven battle field experince .Question should be the other way round .
Actually, one of my friends, who was in the U.S. army, told me Abrams and Leopard are the most advanced tanks in the world. When I asked about Challenger, he was not so impressed.

Latest Threads