The Practical Shooting Show - Exeter - 6th-7th October 2018

Should be a good show - 51 exhibitors ranging from gun dealers, shooting accessories and tactical gear suppliers, 5.11 and there is even a rifle range set up you can shoot on !

PSS 960x300.png

ugly

LE
It seems that the exhibitors are getting pitch space for free. Thats novel.

All right for you southerners! For the rest of us from The north its a long drive!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ugly

LE
To be honest in the south west there is usually feck all. There is nothing comparable here and we are only 80 miles from Bisley.

Yokel

LE
Exeter is (nearly) my part of the World. I am not particularly interested in shooting, but I am interested in drinking. Anyone coming to enjoy some liquid refreshment?

I am the World's worst marksman!

Last edited:

ugly

LE
I expect there will be loads of airsoft types there

So are you legally allowed to own a Semi Auto .22 rifle?
.22RF yes. What is banned are self loading and pump action rifles other than .22RF:
Firearms Act 1968
(ab) any self-loading or pump-action rifled gun other than one which is chambered for .22 rim-fire cartridges;
There was talk a few years ago about amending it to .22RF and below allowing .17HMR s/auto etc. but as usual, nothing has come of it.

I expect there will be loads of airsoft types there

Do not mock.

I have 3 airsarft pistolen. One is Glock'ish, one is .357 S&W magnum'ish revolver and t'other is an IPSC .45 ACP look type thingymajig, with a magwell and compensator. The Glock'ish even fits in a Glock holster and at around 5 metres, indoors, is pretty damn good for speed and accuracy work.............its also good for pissing off the gecko's and squirrels.

Can't remember his name but, there used to be a Jap who came over for the Steel Challenge and was always well placed in the listings. In Nipland he was more restricted than the UK and could only practice with airsarft, there seem's to be a fair few active airsarft leagues in Honkers, Phillipines and Japan.

ugly

LE
Do not mock.
I wasn't, merely an observation, I ran a depot of 40 blokes where on a Friday afternoon they would switch of the CCTV and play. It was hilarious.
I watched and offered to provide some real firepower!

I wasn't, merely an observation, I ran a depot of 40 blokes where on a Friday afternoon they would switch of the CCTV and play. It was hilarious.
I watched and offered to provide some real firepower!

On the range here there were some old storage sheds, one had some partitions and furniture plonked in there for Man vs. Man fun and games. You could wear long trousers but, up top only a t-shirt/polo shirt and goggles - they 'king sting those little ceramic ball's.

ugly

LE
One of the exponents used to rock up armed with a rubber chicken, apparently its a recognised weapon! It must be the SMG of airsoft!

4(T)

LE
I maybe wrong, but if this was to pass, would I be right in thinking that an under 18 year old would be able to go game shooting with a shotgun (under supervision) but not plinking with an air rifle?

Yes.

A kid won't even be able to plink in his own back garden under the supervision of a parent.

Air rifle shooting would have to be carried out at shooting range as a club activity.

I maybe wrong, but if this was to pass, would I be right in thinking that an under 18 year old would be able to go game shooting with a shotgun (under supervision) but not plinking with an air rifle?

You maybe right but then again most gun laws are poorly thought through and generally completely impractical.