The PoW and the German girlfriend

WTF, the Himmler pic is with a Soviet POW, not British. He told off Himmler? Bullshit this guys telling tall tales. Next he'll be saying he was shot on a cold dark night in a Belfast street.

I cannot stand it! Here's another true human interest story to come out of WWII and it's being handed over to Hollywood to fuck it over. The entire project ought to be done in Britain by people who have a certain inbred interest in historical fact.
Well I'm looking forward to the story of how Horace C. Hacklepacker III, jr, broke out of Alcatraz POW camp to meet his best girl Bessie-Mae Reeperbahn whilst smuggling corn-dogs and saltwater taffy back into his comrades. I'm hope they get Branagh in to play the sadistic Nazi commandant, Sir Rupert Farquhar: nailing babies to a tree for looking at him in a funny way and 'Disrespectin King George, innit' is something he can carry off with effortless grace.

Face it Brits play the Best Nazis

James Mason
Donald Pleasance
Michael Caine
Anton Diffring
Derrin Nesbitt
Walter Gotell
Anthony Quayle
Alec Guinness
Anthony Hopkins
David Warner
Dirk Bogarde
Paul Schofield

But hey its perfect for Hollywood anyway since the story is bullshit to begin with. Mans Lying like a dog

Quite right; your chaps can do 'nasty' but the depth required for 'evil' eludes them. I mean, really, can you imagine Brad Pitt playing Heydrich?
ANYTHING is possible after Midget Tom Cruise plays Stauffenberg

What's the expression? "Willing the suspension of disbelief."
If only Tom Cruise could get a role as a short-arsed halfwit who divides his time between being cheated out of his wealth by charlatans, and sucking, erm, lollipops, yes that's right lollipops.... actually, he'd be wooden and unconvincing in that as well.

Face it Brits play the Best Nazis

James Mason
Donald Pleasance
Michael Caine
Anton Diffring
Derrin Nesbitt
Walter Gotell
Anthony Quayle
Alec Guinness
Anthony Hopkins
David Warner
Dirk Bogarde
Paul Schofield

Spot the deliberate mistake.
Anton Diffring a Brit?
And some say that our transatlanitic comrades in arms can't tell their Arrses from their t1ts.

C

cloudbuster

I looked twice at that list and wondered what Gordon the Gopher's former partner was doing these days?

The film will be a trashy telling of an American abandoned by the British unit he was helping at Dunkirk. He had an audacious plan that would have ended the war before it started, but the British didn't like the cut of his gib.

He will escape several times to help Jews, resistance fighters, all the while the English, who hate him, try to thwart him.

Finally he kills Hitler with a comb, but the British put in a doppelganger.

The film will be a trashy telling of an American abandoned by the British unit he was helping at Dunkirk. He had an audacious plan that would have ended the war before it started, but the British didn't like the cut of his gib.

He will escape several times to help Jews, resistance fighters, all the while the English, who hate him, try to thwart him.

Finally he kills Hitler with a comb, but the British put in a doppelganger.
Oh, joy! I can hardly wait. But your take on a Hollywood factual documentary can't be much worse than mine.

Still, I am told by a Brit military history fanatic "Rough Riders" was very well done AND it was enjoyable. (Colonel Theodore Roosevelt and his 1st Volunteer Cavalry going up San Juan Heights in 1898.)