The PoW and the German girlfriend

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Fireplace, Oct 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At least Robert Pattinson and Alex Pettyfer are both English.

2. WTF, the Himmler pic is with a Soviet POW, not British. He told off Himmler? Bullshit this guys telling tall tales. Next he'll be saying he was shot on a cold dark night in a Belfast street.

3. Well I'm looking forward to the story of how Horace C. Hacklepacker III, jr, broke out of Alcatraz POW camp to meet his best girl Bessie-Mae Reeperbahn whilst smuggling corn-dogs and saltwater taffy back into his comrades. I'm hope they get Branagh in to play the sadistic Nazi commandant, Sir Rupert Farquhar: nailing babies to a tree for looking at him in a funny way and 'Disrespectin King George, innit' is something he can carry off with effortless grace.

4. Face it Brits play the Best Nazis

James Mason
    Donald Pleasance
    Michael Caine
    Anton Diffring
    Derrin Nesbitt
    Walter Gotell
    Anthony Quayle
    Alec Guinness
    Anthony Hopkins
    David Warner
    Dirk Bogarde
    Paul Schofield

But hey its perfect for Hollywood anyway since the story is bullshit to begin with. Mans Lying like a dog

5. Quite right; your chaps can do 'nasty' but the depth required for 'evil' eludes them. I mean, really, can you imagine Brad Pitt playing Heydrich?

6. ANYTHING is possible after Midget Tom Cruise plays Stauffenberg

7. What's the expression? "Willing the suspension of disbelief."

8. If only Tom Cruise could get a role as a short-arsed halfwit who divides his time between being cheated out of his wealth by charlatans, and sucking, erm, lollipops, yes that's right lollipops.... actually, he'd be wooden and unconvincing in that as well.

9. I'm not having anyone staring in willing disbelief at my willy suspension...

• Like Like x 3
  10. Face it Brits play the Best Nazis

James Mason
    Donald Pleasance
    Michael Caine
    Anton Diffring
    Derrin Nesbitt
    Walter Gotell
    Anthony Quayle
    Alec Guinness
    Anthony Hopkins
    David Warner
    Dirk Bogarde
    Paul Schofield

Spot the deliberate mistake.
    Anton Diffring a Brit?
    And some say that our transatlanitic comrades in arms can't tell their Arrses from their t1ts.

11. I looked twice at that list and wondered what Gordon the Gopher's former partner was doing these days?

12. 3pl6io.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. The film will be a trashy telling of an American abandoned by the British unit he was helping at Dunkirk. He had an audacious plan that would have ended the war before it started, but the British didn't like the cut of his gib.

He will escape several times to help Jews, resistance fighters, all the while the English, who hate him, try to thwart him.

Finally he kills Hitler with a comb, but the British put in a doppelganger.

14. Sorry can we just go back to the willy suspenders. Do you have to use those evil hook/eye things on your old chap or can you get a self supporting hold up type. Just asking for a (cough) friend of mine(cough)