The possible Coronavirus Medal!! A another oppurtunity for the NDM demanders?

The masks we are particularly short of have three year shelf lives, the ones in the national stockpile are inspected when they hit their dates and are extended if they are still in spec.

The main issue has been gearing up the supply chain to deal with a sudden huge demand spike on top of the usual level of demand that hasn't gone away.. The gear is there, it is getting it out that has been the problem.
Use by dates can easily be extended...just like PSU trained tickets and all host of other tick in the box stuff that does not matter,practically.

The masks we are particularly short of have three year shelf lives, the ones in the national stockpile are inspected when they hit their dates and are extended if they are still in spec.

The main issue has been gearing up the supply chain to deal with a sudden huge demand spike on top of the usual level of demand that hasn't gone away.. The gear is there, it is getting it out that has been the problem.
Surely you use them and replace them?

We have a national stockpile then?

If we really need masks one would have thought the S10 would be more than enough, perhaps instead of binning the old ones they should be inspected and put in a reserve.

It was on the news today who the real heroes are, my apologies, Heroes.

London bus crew.

They're HeroesTM.

I'm going to have my medals turned in to glitter, and when this hell is over, I'm going to sprinkle a little bit of Medal Glitter on every bus driver i meet in London where they're Heroes.

Actually, my medals are crap, I'll use my Grandad's. Not that his are up to the job really.... poxy WW2 rubbish. Not like the Greatest Generation (by Appointment) Bus Drivers.

CrazyLegs!

War Hero
As a bonafide NHS hero I couldn't give a shìte.
Today I learnt from an agency guard that this is a Kuffir disease and Allah is punishing us for being unbelievers.
After removing him from site, I took his words to heart and have now decided to convert.
I will miss the bacon, but the upside is I instantly became immune to covid19 by accepting Allah.
Or I may have called him a stupid cuñt.
On what grounds can you remove him from site?

In my previous life on civvy street, I found security guards to be almost exclusively tin foil hat mentalists, I assumed it was a pre-requisite.

On what grounds can you remove him from site?

In my previous life on civvy street, I found security guards to be almost exclusively tin foil hat mentalists, I assumed it was a pre-requisite.

Let's see calling the rest of us kuffir, being abusive to staff and having a stand up row swearing very loudly and the customer wanted him gone.
PC in canteen told him he was lucky he wasn't getting arrested for sect.4.

Last edited:
It was on the news today who the real heroes are, my apologies, Heroes.

London bus crew.

They're HeroesTM.

I'm going to have my medals turned in to glitter, and when this hell is over, I'm going to sprinkle a little bit of Medal Glitter on every bus driver i meet in London where they're Heroes.

Actually, my medals are crap, I'll use my Grandad's. Not that his are up to the job really.... poxy WW2 rubbish. Not like the Greatest Generation (by Appointment) Bus Drivers.
They're bally heroes I tell you, providing at the most a Sunday service so key workers are crammed in like sardines because social distancing doesn't apply as the chief hero and beneficiary of a buckshee extra year in office Mayor Khan say they should be working from home.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

They're bally heroes I tell you, providing at the most a Sunday service so key workers are crammed in like sardines because social distancing doesn't apply as the chief hero and beneficiary of a buckshee extra year in office Mayor Khan say they should be working from home.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Same here, but the drivers aren't happy either as they know it should be more buses but limited numbers of passengers on each to allow safe distancing.
If you can't get on one you're not gonna be bothered if another will be along shortly.
My normal day shift bus at 0530 has 9/10 passengers.
But because it's gone from every 15 minutes to 1 an hour. Its rammed now.

Same here, but the drivers aren't happy either as they know it should be more buses but limited numbers of passengers on each to allow safe distancing.
If you can't get on one you're not gonna be bothered if another will be along shortly.
My normal day shift bus at 0530 has 9/10 passengers.
But because it's gone from every 15 minutes to 1 an hour. Its rammed now.
To be fair, bus users are expendable, on account that they are prole tramps.

A stockpile large enough to handle a crisis would have more items going out of date per year than are used in a year of normal jogging.
I like your idea of a standardised crisis.

I do appreciate that covering all eventualities from stockpiles is not possible. It doesn't mean that a use can't be found for excess stocks elsewhere. Excess, time expired stock from the UK stockpile of say masks could go to a 3rd world medical service under normal conditions. In abnormal conditions we would need to make more anyway. The point of the reserve is to buy time to make more or (massively ramp up production if necessary) not cover all eventualities.

There is current adulation for the NHS but - as with all things, I expect the pendulum will soon swing the other way.
My local facebook group seems to be predominantly occupied by NHS workers who are very eager to identify themselves as such, and issue mild rebukes / words of advice / pleas for washing hands etc.

They all seem to go shopping in rig now as well. Cynical me thinks some are milking it and grasping what may be their only chance of 'local celebrity'.

I don't see many Youtube vids of Aldi checkout girls posting how in tears and distraught they are at the current situation.

@BugsyIV who will probably tell me I'm talking shite :)

I've even witnessed "Not clapping at 20:00" shaming on social media now!!!

"Excetera Street didnt have many clapping tonight...as a critical car nurse I..."
Those twats going shopping in uniform will be getting torn a new one if they get caught.

Swmbo is changing in work into civvies once she goes back to ICU. They've set up what is essentially a clean area and a dirty area, nurses are stripping in the dirty area, one way system into a shower area with the clean area beyond that.

Let's see calling the rest of us kuffir, being abusive to staff and having a stand up row swearing very loudly and the customer wanted him gone.
PC in canteen told him he was lucky he wasn't getting arrested for sect.4.
That explains it – silly me, should have worked it out previously.
Quite a few regulars from Alan’s snack bar around me, including a few shops (middle eastern/Kosovo) and they are completely in each other’s space.
And, occasionally mine – when they get asked firmly: “can you count to 2?”

There is current adulation for the NHS but - as with all things, I expect the pendulum will soon swing the other way.
My local facebook group seems to be predominantly occupied by NHS workers who are very eager to identify themselves as such, and issue mild rebukes / words of advice / pleas for washing hands etc.

They all seem to go shopping in rig now as well. Cynical me thinks some are milking it and grasping what may be their only chance of 'local celebrity'.

I don't see many Youtube vids of Aldi checkout girls posting how in tears and distraught they are at the current situation.

@BugsyIV who will probably tell me I'm talking shite :)

I've even witnessed "Not clapping at 20:00" shaming on social media now!!!

"Excetera Street didnt have many clapping tonight...as a critical car nurse I..."
I am disappointed the supermarkets near me do not have a Tips jar at the checkouts. (Mind you, with the likes of Romanian gypsies around, they would need to be very well secured)