The possible Coronavirus Medal!! A another oppurtunity for the NDM demanders?

The NHS has only been heroic for some while putting thousands of other patients on hold, when the lockdown ends they will be in deep shit trying to catch up with the backlog.

The NHS has only been heroic for some while putting thousands of other patients on hold, when the lockdown ends they will be in deep shit trying to catch up with the backlog.
Why should they be? There's no-one to hold them to account....

Bacongrills is correct. This was noted at the beginning of the lockdown as a likely outcome. Within the last two weeks they estimated 200,000 odd people will die as a consequence of the lockdown.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My contact down the hospital says more people will die in the long term from having treatments delayed than from the virus itself.
I think this is quite hard to judge. What do we mean by the long term? In the very long term, exactly 100% of people die so any idea of excess deaths has to be time-bound. There will definitely be people who die due to delayed diagnosis/treatment but, right now, a combination of lockdown and COVID has dropped the number of deaths below seasonal average.

socialdespatch

War Hero
I think this is quite hard to judge. What do we mean by the long term? In the very long term, exactly 100% of people die so any idea of excess deaths has to be time-bound. There will definitely be people who die due to delayed diagnosis/treatment but, right now, a combination of lockdown and COVID has dropped the number of deaths below seasonal average.
Quite. Just as no sane Doctor would give a ‘die by’ date for their patients it is close to impossible to say who would or would not die because they didn’t have an operation on a given date in all but the most extreme cases.

The other option of course could have been to carry on with business as usual and let CV-19 run riot through the full range of Hospital population. Particularly the ones who were being deliberately weakened through surgery or treatment.

One thing’s for sure, you can’t do right for doing wrong, a concept I would have thought was familiar to the Military, yet reading this thread I’m left wondering

Sounds likely that if people are being put off from seeing their GP then loads of serious issues won't be found until its too late, like cancers ect ?

In past decades, the US Armed Forces had a medal called the “Medal for Humane Action.” Berlin Airlift was was the type of ops that entitled an service member to be awarded it. Perhaps a medal of this nature would be more appropriate than a NDM.

Hypothetically; those eligible for a humane action or humane ops medal would include service members, civilian healthcare workers, NHS and ambulance crews etc.

Participation in ops that are of a lifesaving-life preserving nature are a vital part of military fabric today, therefore the medal should be minted and added as a permanent medal so it can be awarded for future relief efforts.

Latest Threads