The possible Coronavirus Medal!! A another oppurtunity for the NDM demanders?

selectvestry

Old-Salt
This evening at the Govt Coronavirus Press Conference the Secretary of State was asked about a Medal for the NHS when the Pandemic "War" is finally over. He put the suggestion on the long political finger. I wonder if Colonel Terry Scriven and his National Defence Medal (NDM) Lobbyists/Demanders will resurect their NDM case using a potential Coronavirus NHS Medal as more reasons to clamour once again for a shiny piece of Tin? https://bootcampmilitaryfitnessinst...-the-UK-National-Defence-Medal-2012-05-03.pdf

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Without a doubt the NHS, bin men , police etc etc should have a civilian medal for is this not the first great civilian war ?

I am fairly certain my mate, a consultant anaesthetist, will not be queuing up for a medal... He will likely be quite vocal in saying "Why thanks but not today" or something similar but more Anglo Saxon

Without a doubt the NHS, bin men , police etc etc should have a civilian medal for is this not the first great civilian war ?
The NHS lot won’t be content with that, unless they get a separate one.

I was thinking of a big blue rosette , NHS colours and all that

Unless it's a BAME only medal for the NHS, surely this will get shouted down as being racist

Has no one thought of a kids medal, for all those under 17's who've been forced to stay in and play x box for 12 weeks....

.....oh wait.

I confidently predict there will be an abundance of nurses spotted in uniform next Remembrance Sunday, with, or without a medal. A new no’s 1 uniform has probably already been put to tender.

Whose budget would the medal come out of, it would have to be assessed to see how much of a pay cut it would earn the recipients.

Whose budget would the medal come out of, it would have to be assessed to see how much of a pay cut it would earn the recipients.
It won’t have a picture of Florence Nightingale on it-that’s for certain.
Mary Seacole all the way...

There must be a backlog in the medals office, @jarrod248 is still waiting for his OBE.

chimera

LE
John G has a few spare he could offer around.

John G has a few spare he could offer around.
Where is he? He’s bound to have all the answers to this coronavirus mess.

Slime

LE
I work for the NHS.
You can stick a medal up your backside.
I'd rather a pay rise or a crate of Warsteiner.
But haven’t you already got one of those lovely badges?
My other half‘s badge was a real piece of art, it must have cost at least one or two pence to make :)

But haven’t you already got one of those lovely badges?
My other half‘s badge was a real piece of art, it must have cost at least one or two pence to make :)
Nope.
My boss is a right on SJW luvvie type.
I'm as blunt and obnoxious as I can possibly be. Just for shits and giggles.
He wanted us to wear the Rainbow NHS badge on our fleeces.. I asked why. He said to show support for the LGBTXYZConfused community.
I told him to **** off, the only thing I support is Man United and since when do the weird feckers support me for being a White heterosexual male who is married with two kids eh!
He hasn't asked me anymore daft questions since.

TheAssassin

War Hero
Bin men? On Merseyside, the waste management centres have been closed. There is no green waste collections now too. Bin men nowadays have it much easier and safer than ever