The Pope/The Catholic Church/Dinosaurs

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jack-daniels, Sep 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Am I the only one getting fucked off with hearing about the Hitler Youths visit?
    Apologies to all the religious folk on here but enough's enough.
    It's not the Second Coming and why do all the Cardinals suddenly have gout because we're a Third World Country?

Personally, I think Jurassic Park was more realistic than the Bible but eh, I'm a total disbeliever who's going to Hell anyhow.

The best thing the Catholic Church every contributed to society in my eyes was 'Father Ted'!

Charles Darwin rules!

2. I think that the Church of Rome did a magnificent job of kicking the muzzies out of Europe, but that was centuries ago. It is now time for them to stop wittering on about condoms and abortions and concentrate on the fact that the carpet kissing scum are attempting another take over. Time to declare another Crusade, and this time finish the job. After you with the broadsword Jack.

3. Time to arm the Church? What an idea! Sounds like the perfect solution to counter the defence cuts which seem to be looming. Oh and Jack D, that will be ten Hail Mary's, five Our Fathers and ten Stations of the Cross for such gross blasphemy! (lapsed Catholic smiley).

4. Hahahaaa that brings back memories...

Another Crusade?

Why not simply substitute the Imam's "Call to Prayer" CD's with Susan Boyle's warblings - that'd put the Djinn up them!

5. The Swiss Guard are too busy buggering and murdering each other, and what about that Vienna Boys Choir? Suspect, quite frankly.

6. I should really be on the way to work, but this morning's gridlock is the perfect excuse for being late, so I'll just have another coffee.

I'd like to see the P's & D's in the St. Ninian's Parade but being in close proximity to Il Papa's penguins scares me. I've seen enough nuns to last me a lifetime...

7. I see that HRH The Duke of Edinburgh is welcoming the Pope, the comedy value on this meeting if Phil the Greek is on form should be priceless. :)

8. The only value in the whole thing. Believe what you want, worship a small rock if you wish, but do not try to perpetuate a self serving power structure around said rock and p1ss everybody off by a long term concerted effort to cover up the vile crimes of those within that structure.

In August 1978 one Father Stephen Kiesle was arrested pleaded guilty to lewd conduct for tying up and molesting two boys. Sentenced to three years probation but his record was, oddly, later expunged.

From 1981 onwards American bishops wrote to Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, begging him to defrock Kiesle. Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith refused for years, first losing files but the American bishops kept pushing until finally a response comes back claiming that no action should be taken for “the good of the universal Church” and stating the “detriment that granting the dispensation can provoke among the community of Christ’s faithful, particularly considering the young age” of the priest.

But the American bishops knew full well what Kiesle was and to give them credit would not let it go. Finally defrocked in 1987 but thanks to all manner of delaying tactics he was not arrested and charged with 13 counts of child molestation until 2002. Most charges were then thrown out on legal technicalities relating to the Statute of Limitations.

Eventually banged up for 6 years in 2004 for sexual offences against a young girl in 1995.

It so happens that the Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in 1985, and thus the author of the "nothing to be done" letter was one Ratzinger, J. Doing the work of God? Don't make me laugh.

9. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Rather ironically, it pretty much is, if you discount pre-Reformation visits!

10. At his age, coming a second time would be a miracle, but give him a pretty enough choirboy and who knows, anythings possible.

11. "Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith", better known until the 19th Century as the Inquisition and present head boy as the "Prefect" was the Chief Inquisitor. He would have been fun to be around a few hundred years ago, well he would have had fun anyway examining all those heretic females for marks of the devil on their bodies!!!

12. Defrock him, then Bang him up, yes thats a punishment to fit the crime:king:

13. Thanks again, Daily Mash...

The Daily Mash - QUEEN TO HAVE LUNCH WITH INSANE CRIMINAL

14. Not the Spanish Inquisition then,only I was expecting them!

15. And it came to pass...