The poorest families in the UK... whose fault is it?

Is poverty of taste a recognized condition, and what benefits can you claim for hosting some cack like that in your garden? (in between the de rigeur waterlogged sofas, dead washing machines and overflowing tower of pizza boxes by the front door, obvs)

Is poverty of taste a recognized condition, and what benefits can you claim for hosting some cack like that in your garden? (in between the de rigeur waterlogged sofas, dead washing machines and overflowing tower of pizza boxes by the front door, obvs)
A old bloke moved in to the village, I think it's his dad:)

I take it burial or cremation was eschewed for tying the old twat's corpse up to the tree. Cost related, or to appease the gods?

There was an interesting program on Radio 4 this afternoon. An historian that specialized in ' 19th C social history' was speaking about the 1840/50s period and the attitude to poverty in those days. He stated that 'The hierarchy of the day held the attitude, that to give out direct finance to the poor destroyed the character and the pride of the one taking the help" He went on to say that the one taking the help felt likewise? I found that hard to appreciate, but he went on to say "It was often that you would see a mother with her child strapped to her back digging out the odd railway embankment, for a days pay." Whatever we think of his historical remarks, the sight of the woman with child strapped to her back digging is seen quite often today in present day India, but not so much in China as it was in the 1980s.

Latest Threads