The poorest families in the UK... whose fault is it?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I take it burial or cremation was eschewed for tying the old twat's corpse up to the tree. Cost related, or to appease the gods?

She obviously didn't find it a struggle to partake of rumpy pumpy on a fairly frequent basis.
Pikey? Life on benefits and couldn't be arsed to go to an appointment

meanwhile most of them max out on several credit [/B]cards!

....as a member of my family did, and it wasn't until I found the letter threatening death and destruction unless the bill was paid, that phone calls were made, and the bill paid, just missing the county sheriffs- bailiffs- heavy mob paying us a visit by days...... The money was paid back, it took 18 months.

There is an endemic "can't work, won't work" culture. You will easily find people who are 3rd generation voluntarily unemployed.
You Have Been To Warrington too then??:cool::cool:

You think Warrington is bad, have you seen the number of unemployed Scousers in Rhyl?

In Australia, ACOSS (Australian Council of Social Service) defines poverty thus:

Poverty in Australia is a major policy and advocacy focus for ACOSS.

In partnership with the University of NSW, ACOSS released the 2018 Poverty in Australia report on Tuesday 16 October 2018.

There are a number of different ways of measuring poverty, including looking at the items essential for daily life that people are missing out on through lack of income, or by spending comparatively more of their income on essentials, known as ‘deprivation’; or by measuring poverty by looking at the number of people living below a certain income threshold, known as ‘poverty lines’. The 2018 Poverty in Australia report uses as the main poverty measure the number of people living below the poverty line of 50% of median household income.

Poverty in Australia 2018 found that there are just over 3 million people (13.2%) living below the poverty line of 50% of median income – including 739,000 children (17.3%). In dollar figures, this poverty line works out to $433 a week for a single adult living alone; or $909 a week for a couple with 2 children.

The report further found that:

• One in eight adults and more than one in six children are living in poverty.
  • Many of those affected are living in deep poverty – on average, this is a staggering $135 per week below the poverty line.
  • The group of people experiencing poverty the most are, unsurprisingly, those relying on Government allowance payments such as Youth Allowance and Newstart.
Newstart would, as I've stated earlier, be the equivalent of your Universal Credit.
Dont forget that the baby bonus of 5000bucks at birth and other perks such as food stamps , petrol allowance (salvation Army ) and childrens alowance from centrelink, stop the so called poor people gambling on the Pokies, there are more pokies in Queensland than in Las Vegas. in the local RSL (Australian version of the British Legion)there are 160 slot machines and 2 ATMs for the poor people, many queensland farmers have to hire overseas workers for the harvest, even in areas with the highest rate of unemployment in the state,

You think Warrington is bad, have you seen the number of unemployed Scousers in Rhyl?
cant be as bad as warrington

Lots of unemployed Scouses ,working 20 days a month cash in on the Costa Del Dole, most of the so called tradesman on the costa between Alicante and Torrevieja ,are scouse dole bludgers ,enjoying the winter sun, we contacted a plumber from La Mata and our call was diverted to Speke , most of the Bars in La Marina were run by brits on the dole, when we left social security investigators were just starting to sniff out the dole cheats on the Costas

Lots of unemployed Scouses ,working 20 days a month cash in on the Costa Del Dole, most of the so called tradesman on the costa between Alicante and Torrevieja ,are scouse dole bludgers ,enjoying the winter sun, we contacted a plumber from La Mata and our call was diverted to Speke , most of the Bars in La Marina were run by brits on the dole, when we left social security investigators were just starting to sniff out the dole cheats on the Costas
Been cut rather a lot. Most of the "under the radar" master builders (well, they become one once they land as they once put up a garden wall in UK) have left. There are still plenty around but new banking rules and crack downs seem to have had some impact.
Still a black economy, though. You're not supposed to make any payments over 1000 euro in cash but even local tradesmen ask for cash for jobs of more than that so nobody pays the VAT.
Loads of the (and, yes, mainly scousers) who still carry on the work are starting to get worried about Brexit as the clampdown on illegal residents could start.
Most of the Brits working in cafes and bars are now on contracts so the social security payments kick in.
I don't think La Marina will change, though, as the Brits in that part outnumber any other nationality.
(I think it has a population of 90% foreigners with 70% of those being Brit.)

in the local RSL (Australian version of the British Legion)there are 160 slot machines and 2 ATMs for the poor people
The problem is that the pokies, or slot machines, or whatever you call them, are the crack cocaine of the gambling industry, unless that dubious honour has now gone to the UK's Fixed Odds Betting Terminals or FOBTs. Problem gamblers will get into a 'zone,' where they just keep putting coins or notes into the machines. I live in a small town but nonetheless, one local female addict managed to lose $400,000 + to the machines over a few years.

An indoor smoking ban has improved things slightly because it forces gamblers addicted to nicotine as well to go outside to light up (they can't use vapes indoors), maybe breaking the spell as it were, but you're quite right, it's a big problem.

I did the tour mate: Warrington, Bradford, Nelson, Lancs., some shithole outside Wigan, oh, and 'ull, can't forget 'ull.

The only good thing about Warrington was when the Berghaus factory was there.

I worked for many years in Warrington. They couldn't decide if they were scousers or mancs, so ended up as an unholy amalgam of the two.
I'd say Scouse, only because when my missus worked there, Scouse House seemed to be on heavy rotation on the office stereos

I did the tour mate: Warrington, Bradford, Nelson, Lancs., some shithole outside Wigan, oh, and 'ull, can't forget 'ull.

The only good thing about Warrington was when the Berghaus factory was there.
Mr Smiths was a good night

Latest Threads