The poor are starving their kids....the Cunts!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sebcoe, Dec 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is why I dislike the poor, they d rather spend their money on cheap cider and ciggies than food for their kids.....the Cunts!

Children are still turning up to school hungry and skipping meals at lunchtime because they cannot afford to eat, research suggests.

Some youngsters have been spotted stealing toast as they are so hungry, and in another case, a teacher found two girls sharing a packed lunch in the school toilets because one had no money for food, according to a report by the Children's Society charity.

The study, based on a survey of around 570 teachers, reveals serious concerns among school staff about the levels of hunger among pupils.

Almost three in four (72%) of the teachers surveyed said they have seen pupils coming into school with no lunch and no way to pay for one. Nearly half (45%) said that children are often, or very often, hungry during the school day.

The study, conducted with the Association of Teachers and Lecturers and the National Union of Teachers, also reveals that two-thirds (66%) of school staff say that teachers are providing pupils with food or money for meals if they turn up for lessons hungry.

One teacher told researchers: "They come to school and have not had breakfast. They take toast that they have not paid for because they are so hungry." Another said that they see a "significant" number of pupils who do not have a mid-day meal because they have no money. A third teacher reported: "Last month I found two girls sat on the toilet floor sharing one's packed lunch because the other girl had no lunch money."

There were also concerns raised about the size of school lunches, with one teacher working at a school in a deprived area saying that pupils are often given not much more than a teaspoon of rice or cous cous and only one or two cubes of meat. While more than half (58%) said that lunches were an adequate size, around a third said that they were quite small or inadequate.

According to the Children's Society's figures, more than half of the 2.2 million children living in poverty in England miss out on a free school meal each day. Of these, around 700,000 are not entitled to one, and a further 500,000 do not take them up because of barriers such as fear of bullying or being stigmatised, the charity said.

Matthew Reed, chief executive of The Children's Society, said: "This report sets out shocking evidence of just how much hardship teachers up and down the country are witnessing in classrooms day in, day out. Something is going badly wrong when teachers themselves are having to feed children."

A Department for Education spokeswoman said the Government was committed to ensuring that free school meals "continue to be available to the families who need them most".
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Well off arn't they.
  3. What's the source of the story?
  4. It's been done a lot, there is even a charity for it in Bristol IIRC. (was on the Jeremy Vine show a while back).

Easy solution. Follow Jamie Oliver, and put good catering facilities BACK in to school. Take a small amount of money, say £6 a day, from the parents (direct from benefits if neccesary) and feed the kids.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

My thoughts too. If they're living in poverty they're entitled to free school meals unless it's one of those trendy, right-on poverties where the definition is only one foreign holiday a year and having to slum it in a four star hotel.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Gullible cunts.

'Oh, miss, I'm so hungry, spare some change for a munchy box? Yaldi, right lads, down the pub.'

If that's not what is being said, I'll be very disappointed, the scamming opportunities here are massive.

Who steals fucking toast anyway? Don't they rob the shop owned by a man of Pakistani origin blind every morning like we did? Buy 4 penny sweeties and walk out with a bottle of red cola, 4 galaxy caramels, curry flavour crisps, monster munch and an arm's length of fizzy laces, not to mention pockets stuffed full of cola bottles, frogs (which were actually turtles), chocolate raisins and the bubble gums with tattoos in the wrapper.

Unimaginative little fucks these days.
    • Like Like x 8
  7. Show me any kid which isnt hungry most of the time. I ate loads as a child because my body was growing. Its a dangerous and hugely loaded 'research' question as most kids are hungry but most are not neglected. Helps to make headlines though.

I bet a very large percentage of said starving brats come from homes wirh xboxes, widescreen telly, copious booze and fags and so on. Its about the Inability of many in the underclass to prioritise and not about evil tories slashing budgets. I bet any propsal to dock benefits but put funding to school meals to gurantee shaznay a daily meal would be attacked as a breach of their yooman rights and an attack in their beer and fag lifestyle.
    Once again the argument in favour of needing a licence to breed becomes more compelling.
    • Like Like x 17
  8. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

At risk of going on a Daily Mail-type safari, I used to have to drive through some of the 'orriblest bits of the Medway towns on the way to work. There's more than a sniff of truth in the plasma TV/latest mobile phone lines that get trotted out - same as there is in the ones about trainers and tattoos. Some of these chain-smoking heifers have plenty of tattoos declaring their love for their kids... it's a shame they didn't put the money into food for them.

I can think of one kid who lives local to me who should be on the 'at risk' list. All she ever gets is McDonalds from her (tattooed bike of a) mother. A fair few people locally feed her because they know she'd not get fed otherwise.

Food stamps, and stoppages at source. Sort out nutritional standards in schools; accept that a meal at school is often the only properly sized and nutritious meal that some kids will see.

And before people start screaming about cost, a little spent now saves the health problems associated with poor diet (and the cost to the NHS) later.

Edited to add: Jim30 has it about right.
    • Like Like x 5
  9. The Childrens Society Report....!
  10. CC far too of a sensible post! now that tattooed heffer......Photos & phone number would be good! does she fuck for ciggies!
  11. Cold_Collation

Mate, you wouldn't want to. It's seriously unhinged in a screamy, alcoholic slag sort of way (she was sacked as the cleaner of the local pub because they caught her doing the optics when she thought no-one was looking). Plus, it'd be like a wizard's sleeve.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Are you mad?

That's a week's worth of benefits on food.

Give them pot noodles at breakfast and smack the back of their legs at bedtime.

That'll learn them to complain about being hungry.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

The BBC News just had a piece about the increase of rickets (Vitamin A and D deficiency) and the Dr. commenting on it had to make such a PC summary as to why this has happened. She skirted around the issues, but basically hininted that a diet of highly refined flour and covering onself in clothing "compounds the issue". Er, chappatti flour and Bhurkas come to mind. We don't need our food in this country having A and D added. Just get some sunshine and decent British food. Rant over. NURSE! Medication please...
  14. How odd ... I thought a major developing problem in the UK for health issues was childhood obesity .

I suppose looking back I must class my enjoyable childhood as also , in reality , deprived ... food was still on " The Ration " ... for everyone .
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Cold_Collation

Yes, but a calorie-rich, nutrition-poor diet (eg. constant McDonalds) stores up problems, besides obesity, in the longer term.