Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The poor are starving their kids....the cnuts!

This is why I dislike the poor, they d rather spend their money on cheap cider and ciggies than food for their kids.....the Cunts!

Children are still turning up to school hungry and skipping meals at lunchtime because they cannot afford to eat, research suggests.

Some youngsters have been spotted stealing toast as they are so hungry, and in another case, a teacher found two girls sharing a packed lunch in the school toilets because one had no money for food, according to a report by the Children's Society charity.

The study, based on a survey of around 570 teachers, reveals serious concerns among school staff about the levels of hunger among pupils.

Almost three in four (72%) of the teachers surveyed said they have seen pupils coming into school with no lunch and no way to pay for one. Nearly half (45%) said that children are often, or very often, hungry during the school day.

The study, conducted with the Association of Teachers and Lecturers and the National Union of Teachers, also reveals that two-thirds (66%) of school staff say that teachers are providing pupils with food or money for meals if they turn up for lessons hungry.

One teacher told researchers: "They come to school and have not had breakfast. They take toast that they have not paid for because they are so hungry." Another said that they see a "significant" number of pupils who do not have a mid-day meal because they have no money. A third teacher reported: "Last month I found two girls sat on the toilet floor sharing one's packed lunch because the other girl had no lunch money."

There were also concerns raised about the size of school lunches, with one teacher working at a school in a deprived area saying that pupils are often given not much more than a teaspoon of rice or cous cous and only one or two cubes of meat. While more than half (58%) said that lunches were an adequate size, around a third said that they were quite small or inadequate.

According to the Children's Society's figures, more than half of the 2.2 million children living in poverty in England miss out on a free school meal each day. Of these, around 700,000 are not entitled to one, and a further 500,000 do not take them up because of barriers such as fear of bullying or being stigmatised, the charity said.

Matthew Reed, chief executive of The Children's Society, said: "This report sets out shocking evidence of just how much hardship teachers up and down the country are witnessing in classrooms day in, day out. Something is going badly wrong when teachers themselves are having to feed children."

A Department for Education spokeswoman said the Government was committed to ensuring that free school meals "continue to be available to the families who need them most".

If this is true then things are very badly skewed, when I were a lad after t'war, we used to go to the dinner centre during school and during school holidays, to be fed, free, because our parents couldnt fet more scoff for us because of coupons and rationing and piss poor wages, these kiddy starving shit drips today are just criminals who live for themselves and use kids as an income provider.

If this is true then things are very badly skewed, when I were a lad after t'war, we used to go to the dinner centre during school and during school holidays, to be fed, free, because our parents couldnt fet more scoff for us because of coupons and rationing and piss poor wages, these kiddy starving shit drips today are just criminals who live for themselves and use kids as an income provider.

The little girl with no food on the bog floor... I bet if you went to her house there would be a 50in plasma, sky package and pair of tattooed freaks with beer and cigs.

What's all this 'teach people to cook' bollocks? It's not like TV is short of cooking programs, is it? I taught myself to cook. It's piss easy and if I say so myself, I'm bloody good at it.

Jeremy Kyle and Tricia don't do cooking though.

What's all this 'teach people to cook' bollocks? It's not like TV is short of cooking programs, is it? I taught myself to cook. It's piss easy and if I say so myself, I'm bloody good at it.

I've taken a particular interest in what's in stuff since I started down the gym a few months ago, and it's frankly, horrifying. Even when I thought I was doing good with stuff like porridge. I was using the little packets. 'Oh no,' said the Pain Man...'full of sugar.'

It's got that bad that I just fucking well eat hardly anything that comes in a packet, tin or box. (tomatoes and beans excepted) Everything else is wholemeal, because pretty much everything that isn't has been fucked about with.

It doesn't cost more to eat properly and it doesn't take longer either.

Chicken Ding, which I eat the most of..

£3 worth of chicken.
2 onions
few mushrooms
Few tins of tomatoes
Stock
Salt
Pepper (lots)
Bit of puree
Appropriate herbs and or spices, depending on if you want curry or Italian or even chilli.
Maybes some veg if I feel like it.

Cook 4 meals in one hit, freeze 3 (I'm single)

I don't personally eat pasta or rice (carbs) but they are fucking pennies. Even 4 shitty ready meals are gonna set you back at least £4

And therein is the issue mate. Those with a vested interest want to live on microwave meals, take-out food and pre-packaged processed crap, because that's what they are bombarded with from advertising, media etc. The thought of buying ingredients, preparing them and cooking them at home just doesn't enter their heads. I know that you can't tar everyone with the same brush, but you get where I'm coming from?

Someone said earlier that you can buy pasta for 60p or so per kg; go to any Asian shop and check out how cheap their big f**k off bags of rice are. Go to any Tesco after 2000hrs and they'll sell you a pre-cooked chicken for £3. Cheap & cheerful sauces can be made for pennies. See where I'm going with this?

Mr Independent-Journalist started this experiment with a pre-conceived idea of the result. He wanted to be able to say "Poor people in the UK starve because food is so expensive". Anyone could feed themselves for a week on £31; but a bit of common sense and judgment has to be applied, and this is where his experiment fell down. His benchmark for food wasn't "bought-and-cooked-at-home", it was "convenience-food-and-take-out-garbage"

Now, I will readily accept that £31 doesn't stretch to nights on the smash, B&H etc. But if I were in that position, that'd be a f***ing big motivator for me to get off my backside and do something about it (ie improve myself, get a better job - or work more than 18hrs/wk etc). And don't for one moment swallow the "there are no jobs" line; the issue is (IMHO) that "there are no jobs that will keep me in the manner to which I think I should become accustomed given my skillset and qualifications".

Last edited:
It was £31, as the journo said himself, if you took off the various bills from £175. These bills include mobile phone, tv and internet.

IMHO I would (and indeed I do) bin the first two.

Why? Because you can watch tele on internet for free (and don't need a licence) and my mobile is PAYG, and really for incoming cals only.

Food just went up to about £45+ a week.

Most of my goods are purchased online, and a fair few of my calls (all international) are online. My kids talk to grandma and pa for hours on skype for free.

I cycle to work, my car costs £30 a year to tax, and I use EVERY discount/money back card you can imagine. I got airmiles, £3.21 and £12 to spend in boots when I bought my fridge.

My heating turns off when the kids go to bed, and my dryer is used on pain of death.

I have several bank accounts (mainly savings, as high as i can interest wise)

1 for car tax, insurance and repairs.
1 for white goods/household replacements (and glasses)
1 for OU/trainng
4 for the family (adults spends & 2 savers for kids)

and 1 for food.

Works for me (i know it isn't the best neccesarily)

We have a treat meal out every 2-3 months.

beer and wine is homebrew. So figure the price of sugar for the wine (we pick from the road side) beer is about 30p a pint.

It was £31, as the journo said himself, if you took off the various bills from £175. These bills include mobile phone, tv and internet.

IMHO I would (and indeed I do) bin the first two.

Why? Because you can watch tele on internet for free (and don't need a licence) and my mobile is PAYG, and really for incoming cals only.

Food just went up to about £45+ a week.

Most of my goods are purchased online, and a fair few of my calls (all international) are online. My kids talk to grandma and pa for hours on skype for free.

I cycle to work, my car costs £30 a year to tax, and I use EVERY discount/money back card you can imagine. I got airmiles, £3.21 and £12 to spend in boots when I bought my fridge.

My heating turns off when the kids go to bed, and my dryer is used on pain of death.

I have several bank accounts (mainly savings, as high as i can interest wise)

1 for car tax, insurance and repairs.
1 for white goods/household replacements (and glasses)
1 for OU/trainng
4 for the family (adults spends & 2 savers for kids)

and 1 for food.

Works for me (i know it isn't the best neccesarily)

We have a treat meal out every 2-3 months.

beer and wine is homebrew. So figure the price of sugar for the wine (we pick from the road side) beer is about 30p a pint.

Exactly my point, bud. You as an individual plan / prep / apply intelligence to your weekly budget and get the best out of it. Mr Independent didn't, and his argument was loaded with nuances supporting the message he wanted to transmit (and why wouldn't he, after all). Namely, "You can't feed yourself on KFC and micro-meals for £31 pw"

Fundamental to this is the belief that "People are entitled to the same standard of living regardless of whether they're on the dole, earning the minimum wage, squeezed-middle or a £300,000 pa hedge fund manager"; it's utter bollocks. I cast my mind back to my days at school. Some people worked extremely hard at school and ended up as a £100,000 pa Hospital Consultant, others could not be bothered and the dole was (and still is) good enough for them. Relentlessly trying to change human nature, in order to satisfy some mindless political ideal, will only serve to re-engender the same old arguments.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
[/B]

And therein is the issue mate. Those with a vested interest want to live on microwave meals, take-out food and pre-packaged processed crap, because that's what they are bombarded with from advertising, media etc. The thought of buying ingredients, preparing them and cooking them at home just doesn't enter their heads. I know that you can't tar everyone with the same brush, but you get where I'm coming from?

Someone said earlier that you can buy pasta for 60p or so per kg; go to any Asian shop and check out how cheap their big f**k off bags of rice are. Go to any Tesco after 2000hrs and they'll sell you a pre-cooked chicken for £3. Cheap & cheerful sauces can be made for pennies. See where I'm going with this?

Mr Independent-Journalist started this experiment with a preconcieved idea of the result. He wanted to be able to say "Poor people in the UK starve because food is so expensive". Anyone could feed themselves for a week on £31; but a bit of commmon sense and judgment has to be applied, and this is where his experiment fell down. His benchmark for food wasn't "bought-and-cooked-at-home", it was "convenience-food-and-take-out-garbage"

Now, I will readily accept that £31 doesn't stretch to nights on the smash, B&H etc. But if I were in that position, that'd be a f***ing big motivator for me to get off my backside and do something about it (ie improve myself, get a better job - or work more than 18hrs/wk etc). And don't for one moment swallow the "there are no jobs" line; the issue is (IMHO) that "there are no jobs that will keep me in the manner to which I think I should become accustomed given my skillset and qualifications".

I usually do feed myself on less than £30 a week and as anyone has seen me eating, knows I eat bloody well. £7 for fresh chicken from the butchers (and that is expensive chicken breast rather than whole chicken on the bone), a quid of onions from green grocer, couple if quid of tomatoes and a quid of frozen spinach. Combine with spices from the Pakistani supermarket and bingo. Chicken saag fit for the queen and I can get 6-8 greedy bastard portions out of it to go into the fridge. Add in a 20kg sack of basmati rice that I got on special offer for £15 and some wholemeal pitta from lidl and you are sorted.

WARNING. Buying expensive, high-quality Charmin toilet roll advised so that might drive up the price of living.

Dread

LE
I usually do feed myself on less than £30 a week and as anyone has seen me eating, knows I eat bloody well. £7 for fresh chicken from the butchers (and that is expensive chicken breast rather than whole chicken on the bone), a quid of onions from green grocer, couple if quid of tomatoes and a quid of frozen spinach. Combine with spices from the Pakistani supermarket and bingo. Chicken saag fit for the queen and I can get 6-8 greedy bastard portions out of it to go into the fridge. Add in a 20kg sack of basmati rice that I got on special offer for £15 and some wholemeal pitta from lidl and you are sorted.

WARNING. Buying expensive, high-quality Charmin toilet roll advised so that might drive up the price of living.

So does that leave lots of money for your rape kit then?

Life on benefits: The starving of the 11 million - Home News - UK - The Independent

I had the misfortune of reading another article over the weekend, written by this c**t; again describing the-holocaust-which-Britain's-poor-are-currently-enduring. It reminded me of this thread, and so last night, whilst waiting on the bint to come home, I did a bit of an experiment on asda.com; how to spend £31 on living. Yup, that's how bored I was!!

Anyways, see below - admittedly, mostly supermarket own-brand garbage that I wouldn't, in the normal run of things, touch with a barge pole. But, if you're on the dole, and by definition some other f***r is picking up the tab for yr shopping, a bit of gratitude might be in order........

Chas's £31 No-Frills Weekly Shop

3 loaves of bread, 8 pints of milk, 1 x 6 pack of yogurts, 500g butter, 150g cheese spread

80 tea bags, 100g jar of coffee
1.5kg pasta, 1 kg basmati rice, 4 jars sauces various (bolognese, curry etc), 4 tins chopped tomatoes, 1 jar baked beans and sausages, 4 "Pasta and Sauce" packets
1 750g packet Bran Flakes
1 packet choccy digestives
1 packet mixed herbs
1 bag apples, 5 oranges, 1 pack celery, 1 x 1kg pack carrots, 2 packs tomatoes, 1 broccoli, 1 cucumber, 1 bag (1.3kg) potatoes
250g beef mince, 250g turkey mince, 1 packet of ham
Toiletries - 1 250ml can shaving foam, 10 razors, 1 500ml shower gel, 3 bars soap, 1 tube toothpaste
Cleaning Stuff - 10 cleaning cloths, 5 scourers, 600ml washing up liquid, 300ml furniture polish

Oh, and a 4 pack of Asda own-brand lager.

£31 on the nose, and that was without setting foot in one of the Pikey-Emporiums like Lidl or Aldi.

Life on benefits: The starving of the 11 million - Home News - UK - The Independent

I had the misfortune of reading another article over the weekend, written by this c**t; again describing the-holocaust-which-Britain's-poor-are-currently-enduring. It reminded me of this thread, and so last night, whilst waiting on the bint to come home, I did a bit of an experiment on asda.com; how to spend £31 on living. Yup, that's how bored I was!!

Anyways, see below - admittedly, mostly supermarket own-brand garbage that I wouldn't, in the normal run of things, touch with a barge pole. But, if you're on the dole, and by definition some other f***r is picking up the tab for yr shopping, a bit of gratitude might be in order........

3 loaves of bread, 8 pints of milk, 1 x 6 pack of yogurts, 500g butter, 150g cheese spread

1.5kg pasta, 1 kg basmati rice, 4 jars sauces various (bolognese, curry etc), 4 tins chopped tomatoes, 1 jar baked beans and sausages, 4 "Pasta and Sauce" packets
1 packet mixed herbs
1 bag apples, 5 oranges, 1 pack celery, 1 x 1kg pack carrots, 2 packs tomatoes, 1 broccoli, 1 cucumber, 1 bag (1.3kg) potatoes
Toiletries - 1 250ml can shaving foam, 10 razors, 1 500ml shower gel, 3 bars soap, 1 tube toothpaste
Cleaning Stuff - 10 cleaning cloths, 5 scourers, 600ml washing up liquid, 300ml furniture polish

£31 on the nose, and that was without setting foot in one of the Pikey-Emporiums like Lidl or Aldi.

Nail on head ! people who are starving are the really stupid twats that populate this Country... Mr Independant is indeed a cunt!!

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

So you were even allowing for one of those expensive weeks when all that stuff needs replacing, then?

Not trying some of 'em with the same dirty brush but furniture polish? You don't think you were over-gilding the lily, then?

The above observations should've allowed you to trade up to Stella.

:-D

1 packet mixed herbs

I've just had it pointed out by the bint (Trotskyist that she is) that I have omitted loo roll and a toothbrush. Fine.

1. I'd have helped myself to some of Asda's loo roll out of their shitters on my way out of the shop (because that's what a scrote I am)
2. Am I wrong in assuming that every f***er in the UK owns a toothbrush?? If not, scrub my 4 pack of Asda's own brand!!!

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
what's in a packet of ham toiletries - anything interesting?

Mattb

LE
I've just had it pointed out by the bint (Trotskyist that she is) that I have omitted loo roll and a toothbrush. Fine.

1. I'd have helped myself to some of Asda's loo roll out of their shitters on my way out of the shop (because that's what a scrote I am)
2. Am I wrong in assuming that every f***er in the UK owns a toothbrush?? If not, scrub my 4 pack of Asda's own brand!!!
Why would you need to buy a toothbrush every week anyway? My toothbrushes (teethbrush?) last for a couple of months and I think are probably about 25p a piece.

Edit: Scrub that, Tescos do them for 9p each. http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=256420940

So you were even allowing for one of those expensive weeks when all that stuff needs replacing, then?

Not trying some of 'em with the same dirty brush but furniture polish? You don't think you were over-gilding the lily, then?

The above observations should've allowed you to trade up to Stella.

:-D

Maybe he was trying to prove there's no need to look like a scuffy, smelly, unwashed s**te who lives in a s**tehole

Some people don't have the right attitude to live within their means, they won't put any effort into getting the best from what they've got and won't be satisfied with simple unprocessed food that takes effort to prepare and cook even if you give it to them free.

There's a community orchard round my way, a couple of acres min ,which is 10 min walk from a council estate full of scrotes, you won't see anyone from there picking, only older people and " country " people. The only time they ever do go there is to vandalise the trees.

There's a community orchard round my way, a couple of acres min ,which is 10 min walk from a council estate full of scrotes, you won't see anyone from there picking, only older people and " country " people. The only time they ever do go there is to vandalise the trees.
I recall reading of a guy who was trying to distribute (organic?) apples by driving around nearby towns in the North of England. Couldn't shift any on estates until he began impying they were stolen.

Plenty of food going for free if you get off your arse and look for it, there's a catering food supplier near me that throws away more food than a family of ten could eat every day.
. IMG_20190728_203842.jpgIMG_20171011_121234_zpswvafvxqq.jpgIMG_20180225_014133.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Threads