Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The poor are starving their kids....the cnuts!

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Is it fundamentally impossible to make a basket that big? Or is it simply a case that no archaeological evidence has been found from that period? As for the cold chain audit, maybe so Arthur Daley-esque Roman trader flogged them a load of preserved salt-shark as a new taste sensation?

It was all done with mirrors, just like that chap on the TV does.
I think you'll find it was all done with Maronites. Mirrors, as we know them these day, hadn't been invented then. They probably had a fair few TVs hanging around though. Queer coves some of those Romans. Not that the Romans ever did anything for anyone. The cunts.

Or the boys initial generosity prompted those with food to donate their supplies also... in to a sort of massive 5,000 people feeding 'all in stew'.

It really does come back to the quality of lessons at school. Even if kids come from a broken home with parents that feed them on junk food 24/7, it's a golden opportunity to teach kids to eat healthily. But lets be very practical about it.

-- Teach kids that cooking from scratch is better than junk food
-- Teach basic nutrition - such as eat a mixture of meat, fish, vegetables and fruit.
-- Teach simple but effective meals that are easy to prepare and cook.

--- Basic soups: vegetable, chicken and sweetcorn, etc.
--- Shepherds pie
--- Spaghetti bolognese
--- Chicken casserole
--- Etc

Given then the skills so that when they move out from their parents into their own place, they at least have a chance of preparing basic but decent meals.

You have to give kids a chance in life, and if their parents can't provide it, the schools must.

Wordsmith

It's all in the National Curriculum. It's called Food Technology.

For the past week I have had £31 to spend on food. Supermarket basics-range cornflakes and coffee have been my breakfast, home-made ham sandwiches my lunch, and for dinner I have been living off a big chilli I made early in the week, and buying frozen pizzas.

Fresh fruit, snacks and afternoon coffee have been off the menu.

Top tip for the author... stop buying frozen fcuking pizzas, don't buy coffee from a 'coffee shop' buy a flask.

I make my own ham, chesse and picklelilli sarnies... so what is the pr1ck whining about?

Top tip for the author... stop buying frozen fcuking pizzas, don't buy coffee from a 'coffee shop' buy a flask.

I make my own ham, chesse and picklelilli sarnies... so what is the pr1ck whining about?

You make your own ham? Impressive.

jlo0174l.jpg

You make your own ham? Impressive.

Well I cook it myself, making it flavoured as I feel the urge.

My frau does the bread. Ask for yeast at the bread counter at the back.

Of course, you knew I was refering to may sandwiches... which are ham, cheese and picklelilli.

Except my morning sarny which is two bacon, two sausanges nd black pud... with brown sause, mushrooms and tomtoe... epic. eaten straight from the foil on a cold range with a flask of coffee.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Life on benefits: The starving of the 11 million - Home News - UK - The Independent

So are 11 million people really starving? I'm on a shite salary and I'm not entitled to any benefits either, I'm not starving though so I call bullshit.

Thing is, depends what you eat. You can be stuffing your face but if it's not giving you what you need you're still going to be malnourished. A lot of gold prospecters in th Old West were found dead with 'Rabbit Starvation' because rabbit meat on its own doesn't give us the nutrients we need... you can gorge yourself silly and it'll make no difference.

Same with junk food, I'd hazard.

The writer of the article said that fruit and veg were off the menu... don't see why.

You can sort yourself out with your 5 aday quite cheaply... more so if you grow some of your own veg.

Life on benefits: The starving of the 11 million - Home News - UK - The Independent

So are 11 million people really starving? I'm on a shite salary and I'm not entitled to any benefits either, I'm not starving though so I call bullshit.

The wanker was only working 18hrs per week, as well. Still, I suppose he'd want to give a realistic impression, and all that.......

My last cleaner, Polish bird (not bad looking, actually) was telling me that she was holding down two jobs (cleaning by day, bar work nights & w/ends) to put her son through Uni in Poland. Now, if there are 800,000 Poles here in Blighty why can't our native poor get a job?

Something to do with innate work ethic, methinks.

T

Taffd

The wanker was only working 18hrs per week, as well. Still, I suppose he'd want to give a realistic impression, and all that.......

My last cleaner, Polish bird (not bad looking, actually) was telling me that she was holding down two jobs (cleaning by day, bar work nights & w/ends) to put her son through Uni in Poland. Now, if there are 800,000 Poles here in Blighty why can't our native poor get a job?

Something to do with innate work ethic, methinks.

Is it because the Poles have got two jobs each?

Polish (and Lithuanian et al) Skelps are quite cheap too.

Lovely dried sausages.

All I can say is,Mr Charlie Cooper,and the smug fucking Independent,want a mega reality check.

They both want to toddle of down to their public library,any Hospital O/Patients Dept,or Department Store Cafe,and ask the 'Old farts' sitting in these locations (to keep warm for free),how much their 'State Pittance' is (Top rate is less than £175 per week),they'll show the man.and the paper,about survival in this day and age!

Oh,I forgot,most of the younger generation think,'coffin dodgers' get to much anyway,which is why this country is in shit state!

Rant over,back to the Horlicks! :meditate:

Latest Threads