The Ponderosa is Dead

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Gladeye, Mar 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was passing through a certain camp in the darkest deepest corner of SE Kent the other week when I saw to my suprise a building, which for small bands of men from Inf Bn's in the late '80s and early '90s had become synonomous with pain, failure, early morning PT and living inside bushes; being torn down.

The famous Ponderosa is no more!

Admitedly for the latter part of its life it had become an MT office, but who can ever forget trotting from ouside the Ponderosa at Mach-1 for a bit of shingle bashing when even the birds weren't up.

I still have nightmares to this day about that particular course but seeing that building being torn down put some of my deamons to rest.

Ponderosa - Good ridance to bad memories!

Attached Files:

2. Long overdue.

Hated the place though did enjoy some of the stuff we got upto there.

If it's what I think it is at least.

3. thought you meant the Ponderosa on the Glenshane Pass.

4. That's the same one I was hoping had gone.

5. It was named after that place IIRC.

6. CB,

I think you might be confused with the current location where you did your cse. (12 X BRF?). This was hidden away in the corner OOS on the other side of "Misery Square".

7. Fair enough, I knew I recognized it but it didn't seem to be in the right location.

8. Had a reunion back there last year. Over the old briefing room was the quote "If you're not COP, you're little people!. Taken from Blade Runner and put up by a certain PWRR SNCO who spent most of his time running COP Ops and NISS and now is Sales Manager for a successfull US Robotics manufacturer!!

9. Nah I didn't recognise it, thought he meant Bonanza with Little Joe and Hoss

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I moved the MT out of that building into the houses on the other side of the square. Must be knocking down the old garages soon too surely?

11. The garages were condemned about 4 years ago!! The 'spider' blocks were scheduled for dem and rebuild about the same time. hasnt happened yet I suppose?

12. I was running the MT at that time. There were lots of plans for new buildings for the G4 and COTAT on that site but they never materialised due to budgets / local oppostion etc.

13. Oi!!! PM me please.

14. Why?

15. Just wanted to say a friendly hello. I am assuming that we know each other.