The Polish Mindset

What 2 nations were the most brave, courageous, and able to fight until the end during WW2?

• The British

Votes: 63 70.0%
  • Americans

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • The French

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Poles

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • Germans

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • Italians

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Russians

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • Don't know

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
It should be said that I'm ethnically Polish at 1/4 and my late Father had a lot of 100% Ethnically Polish cousins. So I would like to note that the Polish Mindset has one remarkable feature - irresitable inclination to boast. When I myself realise that I'm boasting then I recall my Polish roots and try to limit myself in this respect.

Recently pres.Trump met with Polish president Duda
Remarks by President Trump and President Duda of the Republic of Poland in Joint Press Conference | The White House
PRESIDENT DUDA: (As interpreted.) I would very much like Russia to be a friend of Poland because it is our great neighbor. It is a country much bigger than Poland, with a bigger potential than Poland in every single respect — except for one, perhaps. I believe that we have got more courage in us — that we are more brave, more courageous, and are able to fight until the end, irrespective of everything.
This is actually what we demonstrated in World War Two
A lot of Poles are living in the UK. Your comments would be much appreciated.

No Saffers, Rhodies, Kiwis, Oz either.

I suppose if you regard it as the usual output from the ignorant denizens of the troll farm fishing for attention, it's understandable,

**** off troll does not seem to be an option?
Dear sir, Unfortunately I haven't opened the thread in NAAFI section. So such an option, highly reasonable of course could not be included for technical reasons. I'm very sorry.

Last edited:
One of your polls again, Sergei collective. Won't be voting in one of your information collecting activities..

Busted flush.
Freedom of speech is the right to say something and ignore it.
Well, do you think that the question in the poll is incorrect, irrelevant, politically motivated or has selfevident answer?

It’s a bit rich coming from the agitprop merchant of a country that surrendered in WW1, had a ‘none aggression pact’ with the Nazi’s in WW2, got spanked by the Finns and only started WW2 (aka ‘the Great Patriotic War’) in June ‘41 fighting on one (very very large) front.

It’s a bit rich coming from the agitprop merchant of a country that surrendered in WW1, had a ‘none aggression pact’ with the Nazi’s in WW2, got spanked by the Finns and only started WW2 (aka ‘the Great Patriotic War’) in June ‘41 fighting on one (very very large) front.
You missed the bit about invading Poland while the Poles were fighting the Fascists. And Katyn. ;-)

You missed the bit about invading Poland while the Poles were fighting the Fascists. And Katyn. ;-)
Indeed I did. I could also have mentioned that unlike the Soviet Union the Poles fought on two fronts. I could also have mentioned the Polish-Soviet War where the Soviets lost land and claimed it back after WW2:
Polish–Soviet War - Wikipedia

I assume the Idea is everyone will say UK then the Russian troll farms can spout about Western Boasting - UK arrogance and neglect of Russian Sacrifice - thus building on the DDay neglects Russia see how were excluded agitprop.

Its hard to see it as a Valid survey as
1) It Ignores China , Japan, Finland, Romania, Norway amongst others (Ive assumed Empire and Dominions are lumped under British forces)
2) UK and Germany -Are the only nations who were active belligerents from Start to finish* All the others Left Early - Poland - Italy, Norway, Took a break in the Middle - France - Russia**- Or Joined late Japan USA - So how can a question predicated on which countries fought from start to finish provide any other answer.
3) Bravery didn't really have much to do with whether your nation fought from Start to finish

Thus demonstrating the whole point is to wait until there's lots of Britain answers and use it as a propaganda stick about the evil boastful soviet hating west

* On the not unreasonable Premise that WW2 licked off in Europe and the China Japan war was a separate conflict prior to Pearl harbour -

**Yes you did - kicked off in 1939 on Adolfs side - sat out the next 18 months - then in 1941 cried like little girls and begged for help from everyone you betrayed when Hitler somewhat unsurprisingly given his rhetoric decided to tour Eastern Europe

Surely that's got to be the 'the Great XRW War' if we are to believe the XRW combat indicators

Freedom of speech is the right to say something and ignore it.
Well, do you think that the question in the poll is incorrect, irrelevant, politically motivated or has selfevident answer?
Lindermeyer has made appropriate comment.

You will notice that I made no reference or otherwise to freedom of speech. I pointed out that you were yet again on one of your information gathering exercises. A while back now, I said that I would point out these exercises every time you did them.

Exercising my freedom of speech, you see.

This poll should be in the arrse hole by the way. One of the unwritten agreements that should have been put in your handover notes.

It should be said that I'm ethnically Polish at 1/4 and my late Father had a lot of 100% Ethnically Polish cousins. So I would like to note that the Polish Mindset has one remarkable feature - irresitable inclination to boast. When I myself realise that I'm boasting then I recall my Polish roots and try to limit myself in this respect.

Recently pres.Trump met with Polish president Duda
Remarks by President Trump and President Duda of the Republic of Poland in Joint Press Conference | The White House

A lot of Poles are living in the UK. Your comments would be much appreciated.
To suggest any given nation was more brave than another ignores the psychology and as others have said is just silly.

The Japanese were almost ritually sacrificial and negative in attitude about life, the Germans and Russians similarly fatalistic, this is down to the nature of the government and lack of choices that make any struggle one of destruction and conquest... Poland/Greece/Romania were more benign dictatorship and more 19th century in its thinking, which made them obstinance, brave and petty(Teschen) in various measures.

The democracies is where real bravery and courage resided and I would say the Finns would get my vote if this was a serious poll.

More to the point, I'm wondering what an Ethnic Pole is? Does he mean Slav?

No Saffers, Rhodies, Kiwis, Oz either.

I suppose if you regard it as the usual output from the ignorant denizens of the troll farm fishing for attention, it's understandable,
Cannucks and Newfies seem to be missing too.

I assume the Idea is everyone will say UK then the Russian troll farms can spout about Western Boasting - UK arrogance and neglect of Russian Sacrifice - thus building on the DDay neglects Russia see how were excluded agitprop.

Its hard to see it as a Valid survey as
1) It Ignores China , Japan, Finland, Romania, Norway amongst others (Ive assumed Empire and Dominions are lumped under British forces)
2) UK and Germany -Are the only nations who were active belligerents from Start to finish* All the others Left Early - Poland - Italy, Norway, Took a break in the Middle - France - Russia**- Or Joined late Japan USA - So how can a question predicated on which countries fought from start to finish provide any other answer.
3) Bravery didn't really have much to do with whether your nation fought from Start to finish

Thus demonstrating the whole point is to wait until there's lots of Britain answers and use it as a propaganda stick about the evil boastful soviet hating west

* On the not unreasonable Premise that WW2 licked off in Europe and the China Japan war was a separate conflict prior to Pearl harbour -

**Yes you did - kicked off in 1939 on Adolfs side - sat out the next 18 months - then in 1941 cried like little girls and begged for help from everyone you betrayed when Hitler somewhat unsurprisingly given his rhetoric decided to tour Eastern Europe
It is a very good post in many respects.
1) The poll options also didn't include Hungary, Croatia, Slovakia, India, Belgium, Nethrlands and of course Luxemburg. Denmark and Czech are also not included. I have forgotten to mention Yugoslavia with its huge partisan movement. So your remark is absolutely correct and I accept it.
2) Yes, 'from begin to end' point is very important. But in my opinion it is not right to regard only countries that the point is applicable to.
3) Absolutely agree.

As for the poll then I hope that respect for 'fair play' principle is deeply embedded feature of the British. Though, you may disagree.

Last edited:
More to the point, I'm wondering what an Ethnic Pole is? Does he mean Slav?
In 19th cetury Poland as an independent country didn't exist. But Polish language, Polish culture, Polish self identification existed. Polish speaking, Roman Catholics that identified themselves as Poles were regarded as Poles. And their descendants are ethnically Polish in this context. Some of them could be atheists and have Russian or English as a native language but ethnically they remain Poles frquently with specific Polish habits, custom, mindset.

Last edited:

Latest Threads