The Police - I have had it with this country!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mag_to_grid, Jan 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For the fourth time I have been rejected from joining the Police today. Their reason - I didnt elaborate enough on my respect for race and diversity. After 9 years in the army and having done 7 op tours that response has really gripped my sh*t. I passed the initial papersift, passed the assessment day and then failed the final interview.

Funnilly enough, how many of these people who we are supposed to show respect for get into the police first time and then go on to join their own positively descriminitive federations within the Police?

How many of these people are so ready to join the Army and fight for the country that has given them a chance and has laws and regulations to enforce its citizens into showing respect for their every belief?

Anyway, enough to be said on that.

Mod's feel free to bin this thread to the hole if you see fit, I just felt like having a bit of a rant on an open forum.

Off to the pub for a pint or 10.

P.S Anyone know of any decent jobs abroad?

2. My Bold

What has any of that got to do with E&D? How does that prove your respect? Not being controversial mind...

3. The truth is that your parent didn't show enough respect for race and diversity. If they had mated with an ethnicly diverse individual then you would have dark skin and therefore be in post before you could complete the application form.
    Gordon Brown wants a new slogan for the nation?
    How about- 'This country is shite if you are white'

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

If E & D means ethnic and diversity then surely being in the forces and away on op tours means that you have had your eyes open to a wide range of ethnic and diverse religious/racial people and their problems and would equip you to deal with the wide range of ethnic and diverse people currently living in the UK
    Or would it be better to take on Tarquin who after 6 years at uni will tick all the boxes in 'blue sky thinking' but have no actual experience for real life or the problems you are going to encounter on the beat
    Why not fastrack him so he can lead others down the path of uselessness too :wink:

5. Mag_to_grid,

fair point mate, the country is going to the dogs. I heard a story from a copper mate about a guy going for his police interview. They asked him what his usual day consisted of and he replied along the lines of "Get up, have breakfast, go for a run, stop at the Pa*i shop to buy a paper....."

Interviewer "I'm sorry, you can't use that word, it's racist"
    Guy "What, Pa*i shop?"
    Interviewer "Yes, that's a highly offensive word"
    Guy "Well if you look in the Yellow pages, you'll see that the shop is actually called 'the Pa*i shop'"
    Interviewer "Yes but that word is offensive and racist"
    Guy "Look, the owner is from Pakistan, and that's what his shop is called, it's not my fault that the guy has a sense of humour"

Barking mad or what. He did actually get into the police though.

The point is why should you have to demonstrate your respect for race & diversity? Is it not enough to take it at face value that you do so, unless you demonstarte otherwise? Like you said, going on Op Tours to foreign countries, full of foreign people and doing your bit to assist should kind of negate such an explanation!

Edited for mong spelling!

6. Just an idea, but the PSNI are recruiting people and as a UK citizen I believe you can apply...just a thought, some guys from the Republic joined them.

7. Equality & Diversity

Being away on an op tour means that you have had your eyes open to the differing religious factions, I agree.

It also, in some cases not all, means you have been moving amongst these people whilst armed to the teeth because some of them have wanted to kill you. Either way, that is not what E&D is all about.

Simply being in the Armed Forces, where there are still racist views, is not enough to get a walk over in to a Police uniform.

8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

To be a PC these days, you have to be a totally PC person. Without PC PC's, you don't have PC policing.

It's not enough to say "I will arrest perps, no matter their hue and shade, for the law is applied equally", you have to write theses on race-hate, racial integration issues, cultural diversity in the modern age, the slave trade, social inclusion and also demonstrate a deep understanding of why it is that varying races are oppressed sufficiently to become criminals in the UK underworld. Without having an understanding of racial victimhood, you cannot hope to arrest people in the right manner. It is not merely your duty to arrest people and stuff, you have to be sympathetic to the causes of the crimes they commit and be empathetic with their inner anger over injustices done to their ancestors.

Makes perfect sense to me, unless of course you take into account the fact that it is the courts that are there to decide the rights, wrongs and the mitigating factors of the crimes committed by people who are brought before them.

It is no longer enough to say, "I'm arresting you for this crime, you are going before the beak as there is sufficent evidence wot says you must"

9. Maybe you should have told them that you are a transexual muslim? :? You'd have got in then. Discrimination laws and all that.

Seriously though, if they don't want you and you do want to go abroad have you tried looking at police in Australia and USA. My sister in law is a cop in USA and you don't even have to be fit! 8)

HPD fitness test: 1.5 mile run in 21 minutes, 300 meter run in 82.8 seconds, 24 push ups in one minute, 24 sit ups in one minute, one bench press of 131 pounds or one bench press of 68 percent of body weight, and an agility run in 21.6 seconds.
    Donut munching cops

10. Biped, here here, and isn't this once fine country a worse place for it?

11. You want to tell us why you felt it necessary to put pa*i instead of Paki?

I mean if it is the name of the shop and in the book etc then surely you can write Paki.

Either you have been brainwashed into thinking that you can't write such non PC words or you are jewish (sort of).

Something very odd about someone complaining about PC nonsense and then contributing to the same rubbish themselves.

12. Question: How do you tell the difference between a British Police Officer, an Australian Police Officer, and an American Police Officer?

Answer: Pose the following question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges. You are carrying a Glock .40, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

UK POLICE OFFICER'S Answer :

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
    Does the man look poor or oppressed?
    Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
    Could we run away?
    What does my wife think?
    What about the kids?
    Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
    What does the law say about this situation?
    Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it? Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
    Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
    Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
    If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
    Should I call 999?
    Why is this street so deserted?
    We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behaviour.
    If I raise my gun and he turns and runs away, do I get blamed when he falls over running away, knocks his head and kills himself?
    If I shoot him, and lose the court case, does he have the opportunity to sue me, cost me my job, my credibility and I will lose my family home?

AUSTRALIAN OFFICER'S Answer:

BANG!

AMERICAN OFFICER'S Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!BANG!BANG! BANG! BANG! Click...(Sounds of reloading)
    BANG! BANG! BANG!BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Click.

Daughter: "Nice grouping, Dad! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?"

13. and shot them?

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Best of luck mate, just think you have now been saved from all the stagging on and banter free office politics, performance reviews, E&D training. Get into a real business and not a politically controlled one by gimps and graduates with no common noggin at all.
    Have you already left and do you have any other skills you can use, plod isnt the be all and end all it was 20 years ago. gene Hunt doesnt really exist!

15. To answer that, 3 tours of the Balkans, 2 of Iraq and 1 of Afghanistan. I have probably worked with more people of different cultures than most other people. The question was "Tell us about when you have worked with people of different cultures?" My answers went into detail about mentoring the Iraqi Police and liaising with other agencies in Bosnia etc I was told when I was informed that I had been unsuccessfull that I could have elaborated and mentioned about for example; how woman wearing Bhurkas should be treated.