Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The police farce.

Not really, a snail though:???:

Perhaps some one should put a tin of these in his locker.View attachment 672590
Just to see if he can take a joke.

He would be off Tom and Dick for the rest of his service with stress, and his Mum would write a stiff note to the Chief Constable about it all not being fair.
Oh, and how she waited outside the Police Station until 2220 in her car to take him home, when, quite clearly, his shift finished at 2200.
In other news I would imagine that some wicked fcukers of an earlier prehistoric generation, wearing blue serge Sarge, who were mainly focussed on protecting the public, kicking in doors, arresting felons etc ,may seek to take a different view of said probationer and his alleged escargot.

And eaten it.
Probably.
Allegedly.

Definitely!

The standards have gone through the floor mate, especially in recruiting, and there is no training to speak of as we now see so pitifully.
It all started 23 years ago, firstly with the height limit (I wonder why?) being abolished which then led to educational and even fitness standards being lowered further and further.
There are now a large number of middle and senior managers in the job, that have come through this cheapened system, they are now making policy and strategic decisions, and we both know that they would certainly never have been entertained by the recruiters of the '80's and '90's.
They just would never have made the standard required back then when honesty and integrity were a benchmark, along with the ability to read, write and present reports and even actually speak to people in a sensible and reasonable way.
All sold down the river and sacrificed on the high altar of diversity and inclusion, and it really is not going to end well I fear.

But on a happier note I am reliably informed that a recent recruit to Bedfordshire has been given permission to bring his comfort animal to work in duty time.
(When I say animal I mean a fcuking snail, WTAF?)

Mind how you go.
Comfort animal? That has got to be made up...Shirley?

He would be off Tom and Dick for the rest of his service with stress, and his Mum would write a stiff note to the Chief Constable about it all not being fair.
Oh, and how she waited outside the Police Station until 2220 in her car to take him home, when, quite clearly, his shift finished at 2200.
In other news I would imagine that some wicked fcukers of an earlier prehistoric generation, wearing blue serge Sarge, who were mainly focussed on protecting the public, kicking in doors, arresting felons etc ,may seek to take a different view of said probationer and his alleged escargot.

And eaten it.
Probably.
Allegedly.

Definitely!
I could not imagine men like these putting up with this stupidity for more than 2 seconds
take a look at their ribbons, bloke on the back row has seen some action
I remember a few like him, stoic unafraid and always fair

Comfort animal? That has got to be made up...Shirley?

No mate.
Alas, and alack, I wish that I was wrong.
I truly do.
But take that together with the other recruit at the same place of "work" who does not like sharing his refreshment breaks with his fellow officers.
Doesn't like crowds or stress at all, don't you see?
And also has permission to retreat to an unused quiet place, pull his "nou nou" comfort blanket over his head for 45 minutes on a refs break and contemplate.

Luton apparently, for any lurking journo who is interested.

From what was previously held up as an example to the rest of the world on policing matters, and rightly so, to this is a farce.
An absolute joke, and all self-inflicted.

Higher than you think. They have a lot of problems with triad type gangs who aren't deterred by caning. For them its like an initiation rite such as numerous tattoos.

Triad type gangs would be Organised Crime and the only people likely to get a caning would be the low level thugs - Who, oddly enough are paid to deal in violence.

Compare and contrast with the drunken idiots that cause mayhem in the UK most weekends - Where up in front of the beak on Monday morning, straight out the back and given 4 / 6 lashes would all but end that particular nonsense very quickly.

This is in today's Times

Liberal leaders and soft punishments are being blamed for an explosion in murders, gang violence and drugs offences.

Singapore might not be crime free - At least you can walk the streets without your head being on a swivel.

As you can see from the chart - It also has one of the lowest crime rates in the world

singapore-crime-rate-statistics-2022-06-23-macrotrends.png

I know you are an avid reader - If you have not already done so. Read Soldier I, and ask '' Pete '' if he would volunteer for another 6 lashes ( HK, late 70's )

Last edited:
Sorry - appeal to emotion fallacy.

I am also fairly certain that the UK has never had capital punishment for that crime.
You dont want the death penalty under any circumstances. Do you have any other options for punishment that would act as both a deterrent and appropriate punishment for crimes on a terrorist level?

Sorry - appeal to emotion fallacy.

I am also fairly certain that the UK has never had capital punishment for that crime.

Rape was a hanging offence until the Victorians got squeamish.
As for your emotional fallacy*: please, at my expense, travel to Rotherham, Rochdale, Blackburn, Bradford, Burnley and many other ethnically motivated pedophile nests and inform the victims, their kith and kin, and their fellow non-Islamic citizens that their righteous anger is an emotional fallacy. If you're still in one piece and compus mentis, I'll buy you a pint afterwards.
In all seriousness, there needs to be open** debate about crime and punishment, and a referendum on the reintroduction of corporal punishment and the death penalty.
BTW if the Andrew can shoot admirals, why can't we hang coppers complicit in the rape of minors?

*Rape is probably the most personal, hideous offence against the person after torture, manslaughter and murder.

**Free of the constraints of the various race relation acts.
Edit typo

I’ve got a lot of time for @Boumer an ex serving cId officer who has dealt with more than his fair share of shit.
I just remember as a uniformed officer dealing with some of the shitbags at some rough inner city schools.
The bastards actually pointing and laughing at us when we were called in by the Head, that was my own fault I should have waited till playtime was over, those primary kids were just little devils.:slow:

You are very kind, thank you.

I tend not to talk about quite a lot I saw, frankly I would end up sounding like Egon Spengler in Ghosbusters....