Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The police farce.

Looks like the Met and CPS have fecked up again. I thought we had a serious fraud squad to deal with this sort of stuff, people who knew what they were doing, apparently not.

How much did this cost? Whoever was in charge of this case needs more than rocket up their arse they need posting back to uniform.

Fraud is an excellent crime to commit.

You have to make it just right though. Too big and you'll attract national level attention and capability, too little and you'll be picked off too easily. Bit like Cyber.

Cyber Fraud. Excellent industry.

Amazing though that the CPIA (establishing duties of disclosure) was passed in 1996, and it still is not being got right.

The modern police officer does as he/she is told and are wholly employees of the state and certainly NOT, ordinary members of the community they're claim to serve.

sleepy-yawn.gif

Fraud is an excellent crime to commit.

You have to make it just right though. Too big and you'll attract national level attention and capability, too little and you'll be picked off too easily. Bit like Cyber.

Cyber Fraud. Excellent industry.

Amazing though that the CPIA (establishing duties of disclosure) was passed in 1996, and it still is not being got right.

If you have any ideas, PM me. I’m shit at computer stuff by the way.

I think the football match position is a red-herring.

I believe the police "service" is merely one more institution within the Long March Through the Institutions, and therefore it has ceased to recruit men and women with the physical and mental toughness needed to sort out a fight. They are not the kind of people who meet the far left's agenda within the modern police.

The modern police officer is a Marxist, or someone who is scared for their job in a Marxist-led institution.

And the politically-appointed " high flyers" at the top of the police are all communists or woke apologists.

Phew that is a relief.

For those who might not know what a "firearm" looks like these days:

Classic example of complexities of Law Vs Cops being only human, with a sprinkling of Social media manager.

It's often the case the FLU gets an email from an excited copper (and in one case I remember Border Force bloke) saying 'Look what we've found, how much can we fit him (in the case of broder Force 'him in absentia & her') up for?!'. You can usually hear the excitement in their email. But this is because Firearms law is very complex, and most cops on the beat don't know it by heart. As others have suggested elsewhere there's a few common use ones, and you arrest for the common use one, then tidy up the charge sheet later.

The FLU then usually look at the email, and being SME's, say '**** all mate, all perfectly legal. Sorry.' And then you hear no more about it.

In cases like this a social media manager is inserted between the Police and the FLU.

No CCTV, a public who didn't care if football hooligans received a bit of summary justice, and a police chain of command and judges and magistrates who largely agreed.

The hooligans might take some lumps on the head, or a date to go to court and get fined. Then they'd go home for their tea and a night in the pub.

Simpler world, possibly a happier world.
The police chain of command, judges and magistrates had usually served in the big one from 39-45 and so had a lot more down to earth experience of life. The present lot? Well I don't think I need to tell you and the rest of Arrse. We are all f@cked.

I do hope he had time to enjoy those very, very expensive Jaffa Cakes when he decided to give himself some “staff discount”.

He had 25 years in the Navy so still has a pension. As he had only been in for four years he can get his pension contributions back if he joined the scheme. Retrain as a HGV driver and get a lot more money with far less stress. Could be a good result for him. Why do people join the job at the age of 47 anyway? At one time a lot of people were on the verge of retirement at that age if they had joined as cadets.

Last edited:
He had 25 years in the Navy so still has a pension. As he had only been in for four years he can get his pension contributions back if he joined the scheme. Retrain as a HGV driver and get a lot more money with far less stress. Good be a good result for him. Why do people join the job at the age of 47 anyway? At one time a lot of people were on the verge of retirement at that age if they had joined as cadets.
maybe he just disliked Uganda !

The FLU then usually look at the email, and being SME's, say '**** all mate, all perfectly legal. Sorry.' And then you hear no more about it.

In cases like this a social media manager is inserted between the Police and the FLU.

Ah the process by which many a splash on a "firearms seizure" is bolstered by pictures.

There were indeed some firearms shaped objects which may or may not have been legal in one such episode

But even to my bleary eyes on other end of a screen, a battered air hammer with a big red "Suspected Firearm" label on it was someone being a tad optimistic

maybe he just disliked Uganda !
He should have called their bluff. Said that if they are accusing him of a criminal offence then arrest him for it and charge him if they think they have the evidence. Opt for trial by jury at crown court. The CPS would be overjoyed at the cost of a trial where the only evidence is the tin was 90p short and a female officer says that the coins dropped into the tin sounded like 5p instead of 50p.

The police chain of command, judges and magistrates had usually served in the big one from 39-45 and so had a lot more down to earth experience of life. The present lot? Well I don't think I need to tell you and the rest of Arrse. We are all f@cked.

They've never done so much as one day's proper work between them. Overprivileged tossers the lot of them. And brainwashed in whatever uni they went to.

We're dooomed, I tell ye, dooomed!.