The police farce.

When traffic lights failed or something similar, you used to see plod directing traffic.
Very rare to see it nowadays, I guess manpower is the obvious reason why.
We tend to phone the Council and leave the traffic to its own devices. Frequently it runs smoother than when the lights were working.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh FFS!

Got to wonder what GMP will do in response to that?

Can we have Constable Savage back please?
Hopefully ignore it.
I‘m not sure how far I can comment in case some one interprets a comment as a crime so I will just say what I said above.
How about pledging to do the job you joined? Try and prevent and detect crime, arrest criminals, keep the Queens Peace.
Cut out this flag waving silliness which does you no good in the eyes of the vast majority of the public, I for one am relieved I don’t reside in Liverpool, crime is bad enough as it is without the police doing this sought of silliness during the working day.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Look its very simples, the POLICE are deficient in numbers all over the UK in some cases plods are covering three plods work. CID folks are given a stack of files an told to get on with it . So they will cherry pick natch.

Beloved Boris culled the police then tried to say "we will increase the force by 20,000" just about covering those who were culled and those who went by natural wastage .
More coppers more convictions , ok thats a generality but if you see the lack of cops around here and saw the increase of Junkies (why do they hate being called junkies /) and dealers you'd want a government which is hiring more coppers . Same applies to NHS .

Site Admin

Old-Salt
Which category does rainbow hating fall into:

B516982D-E8ED-4348-812E-22539B36C897.jpeg

Beloved Boris culled the police then tried to say "we will increase the force by 20,000" just about covering those who were culled and those who went by natural wastage .
More coppers more convictions , ok thats a generality but if you see the lack of cops around here and saw the increase of Junkies (why do they hate being called junkies /) and dealers you'd want a government which is hiring more coppers . Same applies to NHS .
when?

These a bloke on YouTube called Auditing Britain. He basically stands outside police stations and Mod bases with his camera phone and waits for a reaction/ argument.
Very annoying, his voice makes me want to punch his head in.

Last edited:
He, or someone like him, was in Hereford earlier this week. A bobby ended up in the shit for his robust response. Unfortunately in law the filmer was doing nothing illegal and he knows it. Even though there were private cars in the nick car park. These people look for the confrontation and unfortunately cops keep falling for it.

In a wholly unconnected story, a few years ago I spent several weeks on a job where there was a credible threat to the life of an officer from an OCG. The build up had included a lot of reconnaissance by the potential offenders.

We didn't receive any specific training, though in exercises there would often be a phone wielding spoiler.
The approach I've developed to the "I'm filming this" brigade is to say, firstly "So am I" while activating my BWV if not already on and to tell them "I have no problem with you filming, but if you get in my way you'll get nicked for obstruction". Only had to follow through on that threat once.

The difference is, people film the Police then put it on social media. The police body cams don’t upload them to the t’internet.

Last edited:
The difference is, people film the Police then put it on social media. The police body cams don’t upload them to the t’internet.
Many forces are coming round to the option of putting BWV out there. I don't know the ins and outs but I think the 'official line' is moving towards releasing our footage. Obviously if the footage is evidential it can't be shown until proceedings are completed.

I had a lovely public order case a couple of years back, just as BWV was being introduced. I gave disclosure, the brief spoke to his (rather arrogant) client. Brief comes back "Er...have you got BWV?" Me: "Oh yes, I was issued it last week"...Brief speaks to client and full confession follows. I rate my body-worn video as the second most effective tool I've got after 'the old chat'.

Site Admin

Old-Salt

Latest Threads