Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The police farce.

The Labour government recruited a significant number of warranted police officers and PCSOs.

The subsequent Conservative government cut a significant number of warranted police officers and PCSOs.

Fact.

Here’s another fact

6B6EE972-3F1C-421B-BB6E-014D6A73FF86.jpeg

“I’m afraid there is no money. Kind regards and good luck!”

Liam Byrne
Chief Executive to the Treasury
(Labour Party under Gordon Brown)

Whatever a government spends the money on, they need to be fiscally responsible. I doubt I’ll ever be voting for Labour.

Is there a reason why you maintain the lie that you're a supporter of the Conservative party?

Considering all the lefty drivel and shite you spout, we have you down as a Momentum member.

What lefty drivel do I spout?

Some people’s drift further right, doesn’t stop me being a centre right Conservative.

Quite what the state of Policing in the UK has to do with the post-Brexit EU, I am at a loss to say...

I note that @wetsmonkey has been making lots of OCD-esque posts and that @PhotEx has been overstraining the Google search function. Can you two get a room?

Meanwhile, back in the EU:

It appears that the EU Commission is suing seven member states, and whilst most of the "charges" are relatively inconsequential (not enough holocaust denial laws, prohibiton on joing political parties and so on) the Germans are front and centre with a dilly:

"It all started with EU proposals to borrow €750 billion (£645 billion) to finance Covid recovery, a move that would potentially cost German taxpayers serious money, and which for drearily technical reasons is also of questionable EU legality. An organisation called Bündnis Bürgerwille (Citizens’ Will Alliance) has taken up this point. It says that German taxpayers’ money can be spent only in so far as the German constitution permits it and that using it to bankroll Euro-projects is only permissible if they are actually lawful under EU law.

Ten weeks ago the German constitutional court agreed with the Alliance. It peremptorily ordered the German government not to sign up to the EU scheme. It then rubbed salt in the wound, stating that it had the final decision on such matters. Even if the European Court itself approved a scheme, this would make no difference, since within Germany the EU had only such power as was specifically given it by the German constitution, on which the German judges were the final and only arbiters.

The German position has the benefit of logic, and also of impeccable democratic virtue. The EU has nevertheless now resolved to attack it head-on. Its stance is that it has a legal power to sideline any constitutional rule in an EU member state, however fundamental or democratically embedded it may be. The political stakes are therefore sky-high.

If the EU court sides with the EU — and the smart money is on its doing exactly that — then there is every chance that the German constitutional court will simply not accept its ruling. In this clash of the irresistible force and the immovable object, the resulting inconceivable disturbance may well incidentally sweep aside much of the foundations of the EU."

How funny would it be if Germany destroyed the EU instead of the UK?

A solution of sorts.

The Damp Simian says he responds to posts.
That may well be, but does he understand the difference between ‘responding to’ and ‘answering a question’?

"Centre right"? You're wetter than Francis Pym being held down in the bottom of the English Channel by lead weights and concrete boots.

You bullshitter.

You worry about your politics and I will take care of mine. Don’t feel the need to wet your knickers on my behalf.

What lefty drivel have I spouted?

How do the crime figures today compare with previous decades?
I don't know, depends on what you were looking at and when- you know that thing about resourcing success. There was a damn fine repeat of "No hiding place" with Lockhart of the Yard when policing was done with Notebook etc and they didn't have as many then as now. As you know I was a policeman back in '75

What lefty drivel do I spout?

Some people’s drift further right, doesn’t stop me being a centre right Conservative.
I don't think you know what a Conservative is or what conservatism is about. I suggest you get down your local Conservative Club, spout the same rubbish that you have on here and then get educated by your local Conservatives, if you survive longer than five minutes.