The police farce.

Green_Homer

War Hero
Expert ?

I don't think anyone needs to be an expert to understand where / why or how, the label ' Police Farce ' came about.

Daily reports across the UK MSM seems to reinforce this.

Or perhaps these......

...... Never really happened and it's all a conspiracy to paint the Police in a bad light :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
So you can't answer the question? Oh well... I'll keep focusing on reality rather than angry old men who have probably received a speeding ticket. Onto ignore you go

Green_Homer

War Hero
Possibly because a lot of people would rather have coppers protecting law abiding, tax-paying citizens rather than the world's most expensive circle-jerk?
Unsure on your point here. The article and follow up Facebook page were meant to highlight how the general public felt about the police rather than anything else.

Green_Homer

War Hero
It is a strange thing the way that sticks in your head. 31 years ago I was on a cordon when a woman arrived at the scene of her husband's murder. I can still recall how she sounded exactly.
Indeed. Since then I have seen far too many things, most of which are well faded memories thankfully..

Sadly a few are well entrenched, all of which were linked to trying to help vulnerable people.

Having to assist in forcing a 136 patient into an ambulance was a very, very unpleasant experience.

The patient was a female who had ran away from a rape victim shelter and was on her way to throw herself in front of a train. I found her clutching a children's book and teddy bear, she was deafly silent for ages before we found evidence that she had taken what appeared to be a paracetamol overdose. The decision was made to get her to hospital and 136.. it took 3 male police officers, a male paramedic and a female paramedic to get her restrained. I don't want to imagine what trauma that caused her but the alternative would have been lethal.

Indeed. Since then I have seen far too many things, most of which are well faded memories thankfully..

Sadly a few are well entrenched, all of which were linked to trying to help vulnerable people.

Having to assist in forcing a 136 patient into an ambulance was a very, very unpleasant experience.

The patient was a female who had ran away from a rape victim shelter and was on her way to throw herself in front of a train. I found her clutching a children's book and teddy bear, she was deafly silent for ages before we found evidence that she had taken what appeared to be a paracetamol overdose. The decision was made to get her to hospital and 136.. it took 3 male police officers, a male paramedic and a female paramedic to get her restrained. I don't want to imagine what trauma that caused her but the alternative would have been lethal.

Because she was resisting so forcefully or because you were trying to restrain her with the minimum amount of damage to her?

So apparently the Police Service does not have access to hot tea...

Common practise in the HM Prison Service.

Day 1, Rule 1: (As a New Screw), Never accept and drink a mug of tea made by the Wing No1 Orderly (Red Band).

Day 1, Rule 2: (As a New Screw), If ordered to make a mug of tea for the Wing Governor or any other flunky instruct the Wing No1 Orderly (Red Band) to do it.

In short make your own brews, (especially if you go up the greasy promotion pole) and keep your mug with you at all times.

Out of 17 people on the WhatsApp group that received the message, she was the only one to be prosecuted.

It’s difficult to say that police aren’t quite rightly held to a higher standard.

As you say in a post a little higher up, as so often in these situations, the devil is in the detail.

However, it does seem – and I caution myself about favourable media handling – that she has been hard done by.

Because she was resisting so forcefully or because you were trying to restrain her with the minimum amount of damage to her?
The old saying that people with mental health issues have the strengh of ten men is oh so true. As I found out when myself and a collegue had to assist a social worker in 136'ing a 5 foot, skinny 40 year old female who did not want to go.

The general police rule where there may be violence is to go mob handed. That way there are less chance of injuries to both parties. It also enables villians to boast "yeah it took ten cops to arrest me." No it didn't. Two cops could have done it easily enough, but as ten turned up, we all want a piece of the action.

The same with these armchair experts stood at the side of the road watching, and these days filming: "It's out of order innit. Four coppers onto one." FFS this isn't Marquess of Queensberry rules. Old Bill always go mob handed. Not one- to-one.

As you say in a post a little higher up, as so often in these situations, the devil is in the detail.

However, it does seem – and I caution myself about favourable media handling – that she has been hard done by.

Possibly, however her appeal was rejected in the criminal case, that must be respected and I find it difficult to see how she can resume being a police officer.

Because the stupid government at the time made it an absolute offence with no defence. It was pointed out that this meant someone could send a government minister something illegal and they would be guilty, but they ignored it as they were too keen to be seen to be "doing something".
Further example - some forces use a system where we can send a text to a person who calls in- if they open the text and follow the link - we can see on our screen what their phone's camera can see. Can be very useful in evidence gathering. Were somebody to phone in and report they had been emailed explicit sexual photos / explicit photos of a minor, I would not be allowed to utilise that system as it would be breaking the law regarding transmitting images of a certain nature - they would have to be forensically recovered.

Possibly, however her appeal was rejected in the criminal case, that must be respected and I find it difficult to see how she can resume being a police officer.

My bold really, I think this trumps most things in the current woke climate ...

1624091533775.png

Someone's talking a bit of sense for a change, I wonder if anyone will listen & more importantly act?

snip "Marc Jones, the incoming chair of the Association of Police and Crime Commissioners, said plans to make policing an all-graduate profession risked weakening the frontline by deterring older, experienced recruits like former soldiers.
Under the plans, devised by the College of Policing but yet to be formally mandated by the Home Secretary, recruits will be required to have a degree or join as an apprentice for three years and study for one while on the job.
Mr Jones urged the college and Home Secretary to keep open a third route for non-graduates as the plan “made no sense” when other professions and big companies like Google were moving in the opposite direction by opening up to school leavers and non-graduates."

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I take issue with the phrase, “daily corrupt ways”. That’s not my experience.

I would hazard a guess that the seventies and eighties saw way more officers on the take from criminals than ever happens today. Way more links between the press, criminals and bent cops.

Corruption used to be about money, or turning a blind eye to criminality. Now it is used to cover virtually any wrongdoing by cops.

Just remember, I can’t accept a bacon sandwich or a school parking permit, regardless of whether I declare it. However politicians can accept £15 k holidays and apparently refuse to engage with an inquiry into it.

Breathtaking levels of double standards and hypocrisy abound.
What, Can’t accept a bacon sandwich? Never heard of GTP?
Feck me the world has gone mad, the local chip shop owner isn’t asking for favours when he gives you an extra large portion, and throws in a can of pop.
He’s just showing how grateful he is for the time he called police and they sorted his problem, or he. Is just grateful for police presence in his shop.
It really is a sad state of affairs today.

The old saying that people with mental health issues have the strengh of ten men is oh so true. As I found out when myself and a collegue had to assist a social worker in 136'ing a 5 foot, skinny 40 year old female who did not want to go.

Worst fight I can remember was with a s136 dentainee. I did feel quite bad about the force I had to use on him, wasn't his fault. He was just ill. This was pre-TASER and everything, so things got a bit basic quite quickly.

Latest Threads