The police farce.

Chef

LE
This is another "interesting" interaction between public and police ...

(I got the link to the video from Crimebodge; I think they have come up a few times on ArRSe before, I know I've caught a few comments to and fro about him (her/it) before.)

I suppose the trouble is if/when the gap between public and police becomes so polarised that the "civilised middle ground" disappears and the relationship becomes totally us vs them.
'Your attitude and everything else is, I don's give a fcuk' PC Buckle that might be what she read into the situation or maybe her response to him, either way not a brilliant soundbite and gratuitous swearing by a police officer is not a good look in this scenario. Lucky he's white otherwise the coppers would be knee deep in community observers.

Certainly made a friend there.

Do the police give hearts, minds and community relation courses? If not they could do with starting.

(I got the link to the video from Crimebodge; I think they have come up a few times on ArRSe before, I know I've caught a few comments to and fro about him (her/it) before.)

I suppose the trouble is if/when the gap between public and police becomes so polarised that the "civilised middle ground" disappears and the relationship becomes totally us vs them.
crossing the road in an untidy manner?

Do the police give hearts, minds and community relation courses? If not they could do with starting.

probably not.
when we still had community policing, the last one got up people’s noses by suggesting they stopped pestering her with minor issues and considered moving if they didn’t like the area

rushing from job to job?

where is this hallowed land with a busy and active Police Farce?
never see them these days - it’s the Invisible socially distanced Arm of the Law
The reason you never see police is precisely because we are rushing from job to job.

Let me give you a quick run down of my last ten-hour shift.
Hrs 1-5 sitting on a chair in a cell watching a prisoner, ensuring he keeps his hands in view and waiting for him to go for a sh/t on the glass toilet- which if he does, I will be sorting through (he didn’t)
Straight back and into another car with a colleague to check on a house full of piss heads who had been drinking for two days and were thought to have children present. No children found but plenty of abuse received.
Back for ten minutes then out again looking for a suicidal teenager. Eventually found, checked and not suicidal and arrangements made for him to go to a friend’s. Long conversation with council housing officer about future options.
Back in, drop off my oppo who is drowning in crimes needing to be put on the system.
Out to a domestic. No complaint but still a long risk assessment and write up and I will still need to interview the suspect to be sure I have closed off every avenue for prosecution- Domestics receive very close scrutiny and the list of required actions gets longer every week.

Lunch was taken on the hoof and I just got out on time having turned down the offer of overtime to go back on sh/t watch. Throughout the day I did nothing to progress any of the crimes I already have. My colleagues were all tied up in custody or elsewhere and we were thankful that it wasn’t too bad and next door division could help us out on a couple of calls. So next time you complain about never seeing a copper bear in mind that there aren’t many of us, we are busy doing things and be thankful that at that moment you don’t need to see one urgently.
Hope this helps

I have lost all faith in the Police Srevice.Let me elucidate...........My partner had been ill sine christams and January 2020............I was her carer and nursing her appropriately..Because of my background I was more than qualified to be the right man in the job.......

I had a call fron HANLEY (staffordshire Police ), to tell me If I persisted in going from my apartment to Jeanettes apartment ( only 4 doors away ), I (, but I covered the night shift when the Marie Curie nurses were not available..............The Police (Female) said I would be arrested and detained...............I explained I was in full Covid kit ( a lot better than some other carers)...........but came decision tine...............I would not leave a vulnerable old lady alone in the dark..................so I did the business..ensuring Jeanette had 24 hour care until herbuntimely death in late May 2020...............I was so incensed by my treatment by the authorites, I stood my ground, and am still here to speak obout it.......Police persons, I really would not P**s on them if they were on fire...Howard.UKVET
Is English your first language?

What the video shows is that the narrator can quote sections of the Highway Code but hasn't a clue what they mean. Pedestrians do indeed have priority crossing the road - when the road they are crossing is a side road and they are walking parallel to the major road such that the footway is deemed to continue across the road for the purpose of allocating road-user priority. The red tactile paving indicates a controlled crossing so a pedestrian has priority when the lights are in his favour - not when they aren't.

Quite an articulate 16 year old. It's just a shame that kerb drill doesn't seem to be on the curriculum these days.

As far as the coppers are concerned, they're flogging a dead horse. All kids know that if they wander into the road and get knocked down, they're entitled to compensation off the driver's insurance.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The police are becoming an embarrassment, I dare say this has been shown on the team and all over the nick, I wonder if these two have put in for a transfer yet?

The problem with this, is that it doesn’t show the 99% of totally acceptable interactions that occur.

It’s like an Interceptor programme that films for 6 months and gets 60 minutes of footage, I wonder how many interactions he provokes and gets no adverse reaction.

And how does a cop form reasonable suspicion, without interacting with them, gauging them and perhaps checking them on PNC etc?

It’s a typical situation, where cops are expected to do their job whilst hamstrung by overly restrictive legislation.
As far as i understand it its unlawful for the police to demand your details in order to find out if there is grounds for suspicion , there must be reasonable suspicion first.

What you're saying is called a police state.

As far as i understand it its unlawful for the police to demand your details in order to find out if there is grounds for suspicion , there must be reasonable suspicion first.

Police can ask for and in certain cases require your details. They can always ask.

However this is a classic example of where the state and the public expect cops to enquire and act but make it very difficult because the person can just refuse. Legislation that hamstrings cops.

That’s absolutely fine, but don’t complain when people who are up to no good get away with it when because the law allows them to.

If someone does something that the public have reported to you as suspicious, but you can’t do a quick background check because the person won’t let you, how do police establish if that person has previous or has markers?

Are you sure? The successful terrorist attack follows undetected and unchallenged hostile reconnaissance. The Provisional IRA attack against the Royal Marine School of Music at Deal in 1989 was preceded by examination of the perimeter and security procedures.

The bad guys are always looking for weak points.
Were they standing outside with a camera tripod in broad daylight chatting to the police ?

If someone does something that the public have reported to you as suspicious, but you can’t do a quick background check because the person won’t let you, how do police establish if that person has previous or has markers?
Its up to the police to decide if there are reasonable grounds for suspicion not the public ?

Its up to the police to decide if there are reasonable grounds for suspicion not the public ?
Exactly, but how do the state assist the officer in doing that?

If the answer is tough shit they don’t have to give their details then fine. But don’t complain when crims use it to their advantage and flourish.

Latest Threads