Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The police farce.

“Even if that person is not wanted, there would be a record of that name having been entered and by whom. From an initial review of our systems, there is no record of an Akram Uddin having attended Lewisham police station on dates between 13 July and 13 August.”

He was still wanted and arrested, so it’s ended as expected with him returning to prison.
An inquiry will ultimately find out if someone did keep trying to turn themselves in, either with a wrong name being searched, or the possibility of them being on station CCTV getting turned away by a numpty.

ste14w

Old-Salt
I think the best approach is not to allow yourself to be goaded into an argument. A simple 'We've had a complaint from a security guard, you've explained to us what you're doing so please just move on and don't give us a reason to speak to you again. Thank you for your time, have a pleasant day.'

I think the best approach is not to allow yourself to be goaded into an argument. A simple 'We've had a complaint from a security guard, you've explained to us what you're doing so please just move on and don't give us a reason to speak to you again. Thank you for your time, have a pleasant day.'
Constable Savage gets woke.

"There are over 200 openly proclaimed Muslim only schools in England. Yet if there were 'White schools only', that would be racist!"

Thats a faith school - other faiths have them whilst muslims are predominantly not white - colour is not a requirement or bar to entry. Ergo the white only schools argument is wibble.

Although it has to be said in the US they are now pushing for Black only colleges, Black only Gyms, Black only spaces.
Anti racists demand white people stick to their own kind, stick to their own culture, they argue white people have an inherent advantage over other races.

Yep weve now got to the point where the ant racists are demanding exactly the same things as the racists

That high pitched whistling sound you hear thats MLKs body hitting about 30000 rpm

So eventually the turning point will be a white girl on a blacks only bus to invert history

Snowy.

Clanker

Police want witnesses and victims to use their smartphones to live-stream crimes as they happen.

" 'scuse me Mr stabber Gov, do ya mind if I whip out me dog & bone m8 to live-stream ya criminal action for the rozzers before you shank me?"

Last edited:

Police want witnesses and victims to use their smartphones to live-stream crimes as they happen.

" 'scuse me Mr stabber Gov, do ya mind if I whip out me dog & bone m8 to live-stream ya criminal action for the rozzers before you shank me?"
HA!

Earlier in the year the wife started watching some US cop show called APB. The general gist of this was some head of a Tech giant took over a police district in Chicago and applied a massive dose of technology.

One of the bits involved as the "APB App". It allowed free flow of info, ie police could list wanted individuals or issue updates through it. The other part of it was to allow the public to call in incidents quickly, and stream with their camera. That way the police control room could link up the multiple calls, and get a real time picture of what was happening.
At the time I'd started using a new program for work that does a lot of what the app did, and I commented to the wife that the program that work was using had the technology to do most of what the APB app did. The only bit lacked was the auto-connect to police, and the ability to stream video. But that was certainly a possibility with a bit of development.

And then suddenly, what do we see, about six months later.

A lot of emergency services currently use something called What3Words. It's a god send for getting the right location out quickly. Oddly only about 80% of police forces use it (and admittedly the last time I had an incident I gave the W3W address to the police, and they failed, twice, to come to that location). But its a new technology that is less than commonly known about, which needs incorporating.

I can see the point, when eventually this is the norm.

Edit:
Oh its the BCH who are suggesting it! I hope to god they remember what happened with Black Marble Ltd and TuServ!

The concerns about the videoing are actually a bit dumb. The officers responding will not be watching the video I suspect. Equally the video streamed that way could be gatehred only at the police data centre, and thus preserved under PACE.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads