Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The police farce.

Chef

LE
Absolutely, unfortunately there are too many people with a snippet of knowledge who talk bollocks.

Fair point, just a pity some of them are police service.

As a thought would they have carried on uninterrupted if the photographer had been a BLM photographer?

Fair point, just a pity some of them are police service.

As a thought would they have carried on uninterrupted if the photographer had been a BLM photographer?

Of course, no cop knows every bit of the law completely, it’s impossible. That’s why myself included have found themselves in a situation where they need advise and aren’t totally sure.

Young inexperienced cops, rushing from job to job with not enough training and supervision. You get what you pay for.

I don’t know.

Young inexperienced cops, rushing from job to job with not enough training and supervision. You get what you pay for.

I don’t know.

rushing from job to job?

where is this hallowed land with a busy and active Police Farce?
never see them these days - it’s the Invisible socially distanced Arm of the Law

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ah I see the Schrodinger's Law of policing has been applied, it's all too complicated/vague to enforce unless it's Cummings grrrrr, then it's crystal clear the guilty swine.

Green_Homer

War Hero
rushing from job to job?

never see them these days - it’s the Invisible socially distanced Arm of the Law
Because there's not enough and they're rushing from job to job.....

I had someone complain to me in the same way that you are, that he never sees police where he lives. I asked him which road he lived on - I had walked past his house 3 times already that day.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Yokel

LE
Or, he is an everyday chap taking photographs, not looking for any confrontation?

How the old bill haven't sussed yet, that terrorists don't do surveillance like that is beyond me.

Terrorism Act, my Arrse!

Are you sure? The successful terrorist attack follows undetected and unchallenged hostile reconnaissance. The Provisional IRA attack against the Royal Marine School of Music at Deal in 1989 was preceded by examination of the perimeter and security procedures.

The bad guys are always looking for weak points.

Green_Homer

War Hero
Ah I see the Schrodinger's Law of policing has been applied, it's all too complicated/vague to enforce unless it's Cummings grrrrr, then it's crystal clear the guilty swine.
I don't recall the police saying anywhere that he definitely broke any law. If I recall it was "probably" or similar

I had someone complain to me in the same way that you are, that he never sees police where he lives. I asked him which road he lived on - I had walked past his house 3 times already that day.

the CCTV never lies.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I don't recall the police saying anywhere that he definitely broke any law. If I recall it was "probably" or similar

According to a couple on here, he breached the spirit of the law, was found guilty by the court of public opinion, but Boris grrrr ignored all that and there was an alien cover up by Durham. One that found he hadn't actually done anything illegal.*

*Ok the alien bit I made up, the rest not so much

Green_Homer

War Hero
According to a couple on here, he breached the spirit of the law, was found guilty by the court of public opinion, but Boris grrrr ignored all that and there was an alien cover up by Durham. One that found he hadn't actually done anything illegal.*

*Ok the alien bit I made up, the rest not so much
The alien bit is probably a far more credible argument than a lot of posters

Chef

LE
Of course, no cop knows every bit of the law completely, it’s impossible. That’s why myself included have found themselves in a situation where they need advise and aren’t totally sure.

I don’t know.

I guess a while back the copper would have had a bit more gumption about him rather than bluffing and cuffing it.

The photographer did look like a man on a mission and I would guess like most of the youtube clips knows that part of the law in detail for precisely this sort of 'You've been framed' moment.

I notice you missed out the second part of the post. Would the police apply the same treatment to anybody in the same situation or are you all fearful of Ms Dick apologising the ground from under you?

I've said before I wouldn't do the job in the current political climate for a big pension and a gold watch. In retrospect failing the medical was a blessing in disguise.

Or, he is an everyday chap taking photographs, not looking for any confrontation?

How the old bill haven't sussed yet, that terrorists don't do surveillance like that is beyond me.

Terrorism Act, my Arrse!

Every day chap, my Arrse!

He is a bellend that goes around looking to create these situations with security, police and military so he can appear all smug on Youtube.

The correct response to him is 'oh, you are that ******!', and walk away.

It's tiresome how YouTube moguls go out of their way to wind up the genpop just to get their 5+ minutes of fame with the civil police forces... than again Police forces should encourage their officers to identify whose an attention seeker and bugger off and leave ADHD enticed members of the public to their own devices... oh wait... it's what they are paid for?

This type of behaviour by police and security staff- harassing photographers whilst quoting anti-terrorism legislation- was so prevalent a few years ago that the Amateur Photographer magazine gave away freebie lens cloths- to produce during such an eventuality- printed with a relevant quote from ACPO (or somesuch) explaining that photography in a public place is actually a perfectly legal activity.
I think the chap in the vid in the OP made a point regarding CCTV which went right over the officers’ heads- that they were investigating his activities, whilst all around us other non-state bodies such as businesses and retailers, as well as private citizens, are filming constantly. A terrorist wanting to carry out reconnaissance on a particular area could probably do a reasonable job using Google Maps and Google Earth.
Saying that I always thought that it was easier to inform any inquisitive cops what I was doing and show them my ID- no skin off my nose.
I've recently taken up street photography with an old film camera. I have twice been gently questioned about taking photos on stations but as soon as the BTP or station staff see I am a sad old 'amateur photographer' with a 1950s Zeiss Contaflex, they walk away muttering 'why doesn't granddad get a fuçking digital camera?'

On Leicester Square I was taking photos two weeks ago when a security guard walked out from one of the cinema entrances and tried to block my way, asking whether I had a permit. I just walked past him and ignored him. How many other people have cameras in Leicester Square? I bet they don't challenge the thousands of people talking selfies.

Anyway the Zeiss Ikon Contaflex is a bad arse looking camera. I also now ask before I take photos of crowds on stations, out of courtesy.
15968821003393594904069374834936.jpg

I've recently taken up street photography with an old film camera. I have twice been gently questioned about taking photos on stations but as soon as the BTP or station staff see I am a sad old 'amateur photographer' with a 1950s Zeiss Contaflex, they walk away muttering 'why doesn't granddad get a fuçking digital camera?'

On Leicester Square I was taking photos two weeks ago when a security guard walked out from one of the cinema entrances and tried to block my way, asking whether I had a permit. I just walked past him and ignored him. How many other people have cameras in Leicester Square? I bet they don't challenge the thousands of people talking selfies.

Anyway the Zeiss Ikon Contaflex is a bad arse looking camera. I also now ask before I take photos of crowds on stations, out of courtesy.View attachment 495445

those old Tessar lenses take a beautiful picture,

rushing from job to job?

You work in an office somewhere, how would you know what 120,000 cops are doing 24/7?

I drive around, walk around, go into shops and peoples houses every duty and easily see hundreds if not thousands per duty, but yet the public never see police.