Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The police farce.

I knew a lot of football hooligans over the years- it was basically inevitable. I also shared rooms with some of them in barracks. Some were close friends.

Collectively I view hooligans as utterly selfish and self-indulgent people. They made a big production out of only fighting each other and not harming the public. They conveniently sidestepped the fact that they scared the wits out of Joe Public and his kids every time they went on a rampage.

For me, the bottom line with football hooliganism is some young kid (possibly just in the wrong place at the wrong time) getting knocked to the pavement, and a bunch of cowards swarming around him and kicking him in the head a dozen times. I fully understand the feral attraction football hooliganism always has to young men -particularly the idealised version - but I have no time for it at all.

Was I a pissed up, leery yob?

It's complicated...
From my side of the discussion, back then, I was often on the DSU, District Support Unit, and there was only an Inspector, a Sergeant, and eight PCs. It was sensible policing, the same as Christmas and New Year. On match days/those holidays, if you nicked someone for a public order offence or drunkenness, then that DSU, or Relief, was two PCs short, and if everyone who was leery and drunk and disorderly, was nicked, then there was very soon no one on the street at a time when a presence was required to more quickly respond to something more serious.
Who was going to deal with that? Often half of the local nicks officers were on the policing serials too.
@CSM's Despair.. I give you a very, very belated verbal warning for your loutish, ruffian, behaviour (Says me, on ROPs) and an on ROPs thumbs up for your post.

:numberone:

Love the way the coppers wear the same noddy hats as the protesters.
We is wiv u bruv.
1649365814097.png

Respect my authority !
One noddy beany hat out of 8 there and he happens to be the Sarge.
No other headwear on show at all, and that needs a degree in policing huh?
Hilarious.
Three others with hands in pockets, we need to go back to basics again, a bit of respect for the uniform wouldn't go amiss from those that choose to wear it.
All these lads are dressed the same too.

Respect my authority !
One noddy beany hat out of 8 there and he happens to be the Sarge.
No other headwear on show at all, and that needs a degree in policing huh?
Hilarious.
Three others with hands in pockets, we need to go back to basics again, a bit of respect for the uniform wouldn't go amiss from those that choose to wear it.
All these lads are dressed the same too.

Already featured on Arrse, but when Chief Constables look like this, what do you expect.
1649420242801.png

I remember reading many years ago an article in the Fed magazine called "the butterfly syndrome" which examined how once a promotion hungry chief inspector had passed his first board and was on the slippery pole, one established at his new nick he/she would create a new initiative, sell it to senior management and get his next board on the strength of it, leaving before it was shown to be pants. Whereupon he /she would be sitting on boards and picking someone in their own mold for the position they had just vacated. The process continues ad infinitum.

Again early 80s N District Support Unit one of our inspectors ho was the relieving inspector and also in charge of the Finsbury Park Joint Unit. Finsbury Park tube station & pub sat between 3 divisions N, G, & Y and was an absolute den of iniquity. The DAC for the area created the Joint unit to bring it in line with the N DSU to provide support. Anyway our governor goes for his board introduces himself and is completely knocked on his arse when he is advised that "he is the third inspector today who claims to run the Joint Unit" You couldn't make it up.

Do you TM&S with that?

Women can be strip-searched by trans officers who were born male, say police​

Female suspects can be strip-searched by police officers who were born male but identify as women – and could be accused of a hate crime if they object, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

New guidelines issued to forces around the country state: 'Chief Officers are advised to recognise the status of Transgender colleagues from the moment they transition, considered to be, the point at which they present in the gender with which they identify.

'Thus, once a Transgender colleague has transitioned, they will search persons of the same gender as their own lived gender.'

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Female suspects can be strip-searched by police officers who were born male but identify as women – and could be accused of a hate crime if they object, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

New guidelines issued to forces around the country state: 'Chief Officers are advised to recognise the status of Transgender colleagues from the moment they transition, considered to be, the point at which they present in the gender with which they identify.

'Thus, once a Transgender colleague has transitioned, they will search persons of the same gender as their own lived gender.'

So, Police are following guidelines.
Shocked, I am
Please piss off @Snowy.

I'm shocked, shocked, I tell you.

That a woman can be strip-searched by another woman when the law allows.

Gender, and gender identity, is much more complex than the Daily Mail would have you think.

Now sit down and shut up while the grown ups talk.

So, Police are following guidelines.
Shocked, I am
Please piss off @Snowy.

Guidelines which are unutterably stupid.

Or I really should say guidelines which are pants on head, pencils up each nostril, both hands full of poo, and singing the Internationale - backwards - in French, retarded.

At least the subsequent court cases where the Fuzz responsible for any searches carried out under them face some competent lawyers whose ears have just pricked up and whose eyes are on stalks after having that Daily Hate article pointed out to them will be beer and pop-corn worthy.

Guidelines which are unutterably stupid.

Or I really should say guidelines which are pants on head, pencils up each nostril, both hands full of poo, and singing the Internationale - backwards - in French, retarded.

At least the subsequent court cases where the Fuzz responsible for any searches carried out under them face some competent lawyers whose ears have just pricked up and whose eyes are on stalks after having that Daily Hate article pointed out to them will be beer and pop-corn worthy.
Any lawyer taking legal pointers from the Daily Blackshirt should be disbarred.

BTW, Gender and Gender Identity issues are not a political football.

Transgender identities are real (there are a number of trans individuals on this site).

That you or any other members of the site are unhappy about that simply reflects your own unhappiness.