The police farce.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Here's a question.

Targets encourage perverse behaviours.

So if you say 'We will recruit 300 people this quarter' what do you think happens to the quality?

Because that's what we're going through right now. 'What? Only 240 passed the sift? Sift it again.'

Here's a question.

So if you say 'We will recruit 300 people this quarter' what do you think happens to the quality?

Because that's what we're going through right now. 'What? Only 240 passed the sift? Sift it again.'
Quantity over quality never bodes well

Here's a question.

Two weeks later, ”we sifted again sir and only 200 got through this time”

D

Deleted 59779

The London Live television channel had adverts for the Met last night.
They are also on the sides of buses now.
Never aware of them having to advertise, previously.
Open secret for months now

Or years

The Met's not the only force on Double Secret Probation,

I'll see cover your 3 and raise you 6 :) :)

Chef

LE
Here's a question.

It's less that they encourage perverse behaviour more that people game the system.

Anyone admitted to A&E must be seen within 30 minutes. Someone spots that being in an ambulance means they aren't on the clock yet, result ambulances queuing up, but the target can be met.

Company requires phoned in problems to be dealt with in a set time. A worthy idea. Result multiple problems get done one at a time, if you have three problems then that's three calls but the target is being met.

If I ever put targets in place I'd let a team of board game and Dungeons and Dragons players loose on it and see what ploys they come up with to meet the target without improving the service whilst complying with company rules.