The police farce.

Misconduct and Gross Misconduct by their very nature, don’t reach the threshold for criminal charges.

When are the disciplinary hearings?

They've already happened.

Pathetic. But given the standards of our so called, "justice system", hardly surprising.

Green_Homer

War Hero
Think that was more a TA Drill Hall thing, when MOD started talking about selling them off and the owners pointed out it wasn’t theirs to sell.
My old force tried to sell off a station only for the local council to discover that they actually owned it! I believe they now have to pay the council rent ‍♂️

Another station I know was gifted to the force on the condition that it will always be used as a police station (and hence survived cuts as minimal savings to be had mothballing).

They've already happened.

Pathetic. But given the standards of our so called, "justice system", hardly surprising.
The police are part of a system and its declining performance, is in line with what their bosses in the Justice system want. When I did a psyche course, it covered criminal behaviour and I found some of the new ideas astonishing and completely at odds with my own humble upbringing and if you take away corporal punishment, your left with prison or let them off again, in a vain hope that they're won't bother the justice system again.

To be honest, if you need it spelled out for you that joining the police means A)working nights, weekends etc and B)you will have to deal with violent, aggressive people, probably on a regular basis...maybe they shouldn't be considering the career in the first place.

Depends on the career you plan for yourself, doesn't it? ;)

I know of several who I suspect have managed that.

The police are part of a system and its declining performance, is in line with what their bosses in the Justice system want. When I did a psyche course, it covered criminal behaviour and I found some of the new ideas astonishing and completely at odds with my own humble upbringing and if you take away corporal punishment, your left with prison or let them off again, in a vain hope that they're won't bother the justice system again.

Yes, beating people solved crime.

Bit like hanging people for stealing sheep solved that problem too.

How is the crime rate in Singapore where they still cane people ?

Guaranteed that they never stole another sheep, after being hung by the neck until deaded.

How is the crime rate in The US, where they execute and imprison for life?

The Singapore population aren’t The U.K. population.

How is the crime rate in The US, where they execute and imprison for life?

Comprehension skills coming to the fore again - I did not mention executions or life in prison.

Here it is again - For the terminally obtuse

How is the crime rate in Singapore where they still cane people ?

Here is the poser - posed by someone else who has English language issues

Beatings do not solve crimes - Although in the UK they have been issued by Plod to illicit wrongful confessions ( Guildford 4 and Birmingham 6 immediately spring to mind )

However there is evidence that Corporal Punishment ( A beating ) acts as a deterrent and a method of cutting down re-offending ( Singapore )

Bit like hanging people for stealing sheep solved that problem too.
Nobody wants you to solve crime or manage crime. They're want you to prevent crime !

The criminal justice system doesn't serve anybody but itself. By eradicating corporal punishment designed to leave a mark on an individual criminal as a reminder and they're removed the death penalty as a final punishment. All you've got left is ten chances and then escalating spells in Prison and whilst grim enough places in of themselves, the criminal justice now actively promotes crime as a career path.

Comprehension skills coming to the fore again - I did not mention executions or life in prison.

Beatings do not solve crimes - Although in the UK they have been issued by Plod to illicit wrongful confessions ( Guildford 4 and Birmingham 6 immediately spring to mind )

However there is evidence that Corporal Punishment ( A beating ) acts as a deterrent and a method of cutting down re-offending ( Singapore )

Corporal Punishment works in another culture and society? Shame it is another culture and society.

Nice dig at the stupidty of beating suspects. Strangely, investigative interviewing has moved on a little since then.

Nobody wants you to solve crime or manage crime. They're want you to prevent crime !

The criminal justice system doesn't serve anybody but itself. By eradicating corporal punishment designed to leave a mark on an individual criminal as a reminder and they're removed the death penalty as a final punishment. All you've got left is ten chances and then escalating spells in Prison and whilst grim enough places in of themselves, the criminal justice now actively promotes crime as a career path.

I see.

So we should bring back branding to prevent crime on that logic?

I see.

So we should bring back branding to prevent crime on that logic?
If that would work to prevent crime, then yes. Or some other more modern and creative ways.. The trouble with criminal psychology and the criminal justice system, is its become so institutionalised that its focus is all on the criminal and managing the offending and inevitably, you have become more insular and hostile to criticism as the crime rates have increased.

As this is supposed to be a mil site, a good illustration is the difference between Parks philosophy in the Battle of Britain and the Douglas/Leigh Mallory ideas on the big wing. The plod and courts think about the elegant and the pragmatist wants to hit crime head on and stamp it out before it reaches its target and Parks philosophy was the right one.

Another comprehension fail.

It was a dig at the stupidity of the Police beating false confessions out of suspects.

* It is '' Stupidity '' ;) ;)

I forgot which ward I was on.

Absolutely, beating accurate confessions out of people is fine...

Another comprehension fail.

It was a dig at the stupidity of the Police beating false confessions out of suspects.

* It is '' Stupidity '' ;) ;)

You keep searching history. The 1970’s.

Pathetic. Buck up Two Six.

Corporal and Capital punishment - both a terrible idea.

Firstly Singapore is not the UK. We are comparing apples and oranges.

Secondly, as has been repeatedly noted in this thread the UK police are only human and make mistakes.

This has been shown to also be the case by the Innocence Project in the US which has caused the release of many innocent men and women, alot of whom faced the death penalty. And yes, even with DNA evidence used.

You cannot take back 50 lashes, nor undo a ketch knot after the drop.

Corporal punishment in schools worked, just look at the feral bastards of today.

Latest Threads