The police farce.

@harrythebastard

Genuinely didn't know that, but i did my best to totally ignore him.

Does explain some of the fun things in the Met back then.

The scumbag who carried out an unprovoked assault on the Daughter-in-law & Sister-in-law finally appeared at Magistrates court yesterday.
His defence was laughable.
He was where he was because he was "concerned" that the smoke from the Daughter-in-law's parents bbq might drift into his beer garden (he was a pub landlord at the time). There was no bbq.
He disputed that he had lifted the Daughter-in-law by the head & shaken her. She is 5'2 & slightly built, he's 6' odd & built like the proverbial.
He apparently rested his hands on her shoulders because he "feared for his safety". This despite photographic evidence of scratches from his nails & an earing ripped out.
The bruise on the Sister-in-law's shoulder where he took a swing (& missed) was largely ignored & he wasn't charged with threats to kill, despite threatening to kill both of them & the two Grandsons.
As far as we are aware, he was serving an ASBO at the time.
I would also be amazed if someone his age didn't have a previous violent record.
His punishment, a 12 month conditional order, £620 costs & £150 compensation to each of the ladies.
Do we feel let down by the so called justice system?
Damn right we do.

Chef

LE
The scumbag who carried out an unprovoked assault on the Daughter-in-law & Sister-in-law finally appeared at Magistrates court yesterday.
He was where he was because he was "concerned" that the smoke from the Daughter-in-law's parents bbq might drift into his beer garden (he was a pub landlord at the time). There was no bbq.
He disputed that he had lifted the Daughter-in-law by the head & shaken her. She is 5'2 & slightly built, he's 6' odd & built like the proverbial.
He apparently rested his hands on her shoulders because he "feared for his safety". This despite photographic evidence of scratches from his nails & an earing ripped out.
The bruise on the Sister-in-law's shoulder where he took a swing (& missed) was largely ignored & he wasn't charged with threats to kill, despite threatening to kill both of them & the two Grandsons.
I would also be amazed if someone his age didn't have a previous violent record.
His punishment, a 12 month conditional order, £620 costs & £150 compensation to each of the ladies.
Damn right we do.
Sorry to hear that, sums up the caring, sharing society of today though. There always seems to be one last chance for the perennial offender. Viz Ms Katie Price.

Sorry to hear that, sums up the caring, sharing society of today though. There always seems to be one last chance for the perennial offender. Viz Ms Katie Price.
Thank you.
We're understandably disappointed. But as the Sister-in-law said, at least we've been vindicated & it was a guilty verdict.
It might make him think twice the next time.

DarkBrig

War Hero
Damn right we do.
At least he will have to be careful for 12 months, I suspect the 2 weeks jail (out in 1) he might have got in our broken system would have been a worse blow, when you saw him swanning around the neighborhood on release. There is no justice system in this country.

Last edited:
Thank you.
We're understandably disappointed. But as the Sister-in-law said, at least we've been vindicated & it was a guilty verdict.

Sadly, I doubt it. If anything, it will reinforce his belief that there are few, if any, real consequences for his actions.

That's him fcuked for further promotion then.
He did get one thing right though when he said "The black community is not the only part of society that is losing trust and confidence in us."
Someone needs to tell him that it is not just a part of society that is losing such trust and confidence, it is tax-paying and law-abiding society as a whole.
And an awful lot of his own workforce that didn't join to be in a wokeforce.
Funnily enough he was quite well thought of up until this.

Ah well, mind how you go.

He did get one thing right though when he said "The black community is not the only part of society that is losing trust and confidence in us." Someone needs to tell him that it is not just a part of society that is losing such trust and confidence, it is tax-paying and law-abiding society as a whole.
He is no doubt lining himself up as one of the poster boys for the unconscious bias training circuit after he falls from grace

Sadly, I doubt it. If anything, it will reinforce his belief that there are few, if any, real consequences for his actions.
Probably right.
In all honesty, I expected a decent length custodial. I know cons at my jail who are serving a decent length sentence for threats to kill alone.
Despite having worked in the justice system for almost fifteen years, I can see it's broken.

Thank you.
The conviction is there mate, and a matter of public record for all to see.
Including any future employers if he goes for an SIA licence or pub licensee again.
You did your bit, perhaps others didn't to do theirs as they should have, and as they would have not too long ago.
Sentencing is always a game of chance, two identical sets of circumstances with two different offenders with the same previous convictions will never get the same result.
But he is now convicted, a long way off from the previous scenario of fcuk all being done and ignored.
Well done.

The conviction is there mate, and a matter of public record for all to see.
Including any future employers if he goes for an SIA licence or pub licensee again.
You did your bit, perhaps others didn't to do theirs as they should have, and as they would have not too long ago.
Sentencing is always a game of chance, two identical sets of circumstances with two different offenders with the same previous convictions will never get the same result.
But he is now convicted, a long way off from the previous scenario of fcuk all being done and ignored.
Well done.
Thank you.
Credit to the two ladies & the fourteen year old Grandson who gave evidence by video link from another room. He got visibly angry while doing so & asked for a break to calm himself down.

Do you not think this is him trying to tick boxes as the one to fix it? He'll have won the mayor's support with that, and lost much of the rank and file's...

When I joined the better part of a decade ago, Macpherson was being used as a stick to beat us with by the public, despite itself being several decades old. Thanks to him, doubtless in another 30 years it will still be the case now.

Do you not think this is him trying to tick boxes as the one to fix it? He'll have won the mayor's support with that, and lost much of the rank and file's...

When I joined the better part of a decade ago, Macpherson was being used as a stick to beat us with by the public, despite itself being several decades old. Thanks to him, doubtless in another 30 years it will still be the case now.
I doubt that the rank and file have much time for him anyway, no doubt his sole arrest was as a very cossetted probationer.

As for the Macpherson report, what was not published would make partygate look like an accidentally slipped mask in an operating theatre.

Chef

LE
He did get one thing right though when he said "The black community is not the only part of society that is losing trust and confidence in us."
Someone needs to tell him that it is not just a part of society that is losing such trust and confidence, it is tax-paying and law-abiding society as a whole.

I've noticed that the term BAME seems to have disappeared from the BBC news reports on the matter and now we seem to have a police service (a misnomer if evrer there was one) that is being told to address their attitude to black racism and why are blacks 7 times more likely to be stopped and searched than whites? And an on and so forth.

I would be interested if the 'institutionally racist' police are stopping and searching Chinese, Pakistanis and Indians in a similar ratio. Which would surely be the case if the police hate all the people who look different. Also the percentage of eastern Europeans and Arab looking types.

Or are there other factors involved which might lead to awkward questions?

Chef

LE
I think we both actually know the answer to that one mate!
Unfortunately these days the story of the emperor's new clothes ends with the child being cancelled, permanently, for stating awkward facts. One has to skirt around the bleedin' obvious.

J K Rowling experience of questioning the orthodoxy, among others, shows how easy it is to upset the mob when calling their closed mindedness into question.

She can afford it.

I've noticed that the term BAME seems to have disappeared from the BBC news reports on the matter and now we seem to have a police service (a misnomer if evrer there was one) that is being told to address their attitude to black racism and why are blacks 7 times more likely to be stopped and searched than whites? And an on and so forth.

I would be interested if the 'institutionally racist' police are stopping and searching Chinese, Pakistanis and Indians in a similar ratio. Which would surely be the case if the police hate all the people who look different. Also the percentage of eastern Europeans and Arab looking types.

Or are there other factors involved which might lead to awkward questions?
Oh yes. Look at the demographic of the prison population.
There's no smoke without fire.
Although the Tottenham Turnip may disagree.

Chef

LE
Oh yes. Look at the demographic of the prison population.
There's no smoke without fire.
Although the Tottenham Turnip may disagree.
Not a reliable source of data, as is well known the vast majority of prison inmates are innocent. Look at Claudia Webbe, if she ever goes to gaol, as an example;)

Latest Threads