Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The police farce.

NSP

LE
There isn't a court case since trespass isn't an offence.
It is. It's just a civil offence, except for certain limited circumstances. In the broad it becomes a criminal rather than civil matter when there is an aggravating factor.

I'm in the process of suing the scaffolding contractor for the developer of an adjoining plot as their minions refused to remove themselves and their 7.5tonne truck from my yard (rated to 3tonne) when asked to do so and, on calling the boss, they didn't call their minions and shift 'em. My exact words were, after several minutes of "Why is this my problem?" "Well, they're working for you on your time and on your contract," were, "If your staff, materials and/or vehicle are still inside my boundary two minutes after this call ends you're getting sued."

They were still there two hours after the call ended.

The boss is still professing to not understand why they're being sued. I don't think I could have been clearer. With their costs, my costs and the property damage claim factored in they're looking at a bill of getting on for £25k at the moment. As I offered in writing to settle for what I'd spent on spanking them so far before serving the suit (around a grand) and they turned it down I suspect their insurers will either deny their claim or say, "Here's the grand you could have walked away from it for. Have a nice day."

A little bit of sex wee comes out every time I think about it as the plethora of photos, videos and eye-witness statements means they haven't a leg to stand on.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I heard that on the news and why she as an MP made it public is beyond me.
A reasonable stop, after the wrong index number was inputted into the pnc showing car was registered up North. Officers police and after a new check and a chat sent on their way.
Don’t people want the police to do their jobs? This MP should be bloody ashamed of herself for having a huge bag of chips on her shoulder.
She made it public to fly the race card, no other reason. The Met will now cave in, grovel and fawn and the cycle will continue.

NSP

LE
Also- for lots of commercial premises mainly - being burgled is actually preferential to the owner for insurance reasons.
My previous job- dealing with CCTV monitoring - of often building sites. Quite often, if the contract is coming up for renewal or- they are running higher on costs...cameras would get damaged / cameras be removed.
Staff would be seen coming in to work 2 hours earlier than usual and- the operator would phone the keyholder to be told "Yeah...that's Dave just starting early".
"Dave" would start early several times later on that month and the operator recognised him and did not challenged/action it....

Then the generators and batteries out of the diggers are reporting as having been nicked.

It happens a lot. Some people actually want to get burgled for insurance reasons.

Building site running over budget-foreman has fecked up on accounts.... burglary imminent with view to either insurance claim or threats of pulling contracts unless monitoring is not discounted.
Yeah but this is a residential block in which three flats are occupied by "vulnerable persons" what with them all being widows in their 80s. It's also subject to a quite strict leasehold and, because it is a timber-frame building, apparently there are also multiple occupancy fire prevention regulations in play - i.e. don't leave your flat in a state where if a fire breaks out you are unable to minimise the air flow into the building before you go and stand outside in the car park with everyone else. Like, by not being here at the time...

If the police want to infer suspicion on someone that declines to cooperate then they should seek to change the law and make identification and cooperation mandatory.

As it stands that's not the law.

NSP

LE
Met covering themselves in glory again
Cue more grovelling
"She told the Press Association: "It's obviously racial profiling."

Oh, but hang on a sec...

"The Met said the stop was a mistake caused by an officer incorrectly entering the car's registration number."

So it was actually an administrative error - a case of mistaken identity [of the vehicle].

NSP

LE
She made it public to fly the race card, no other reason. The Met will now cave in, grovel and fawn and the cycle will continue.
Well, if the front up and go with the "mistaken identity" and "doing our jobs and pursuing enquiries" cards Red Dawn could end up with a bit of egg on her face.

Please, please, please...!

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Well, if the front up and go with the "mistaken identity" and "doing our jobs and pursuing enquiries" cards Red Dawn could end up with a bit of egg on her face.

Please, please, please...!
TBH the PNC Op the other end, should have said "Can you confirm the VRM as this comes up as a N.Yorks. vech" Then the whole shambles might have been avoided.

If the police want to infer suspicion on someone that declines to cooperate then they should seek to change the law and make identification and cooperation mandatory.

As it stands that's not the law.
And as that stands- you should maybe voice your concerns to other members of the public / fellow arrsers when they post details of police seemingly not acting upon their expectations.
Do feel free to remind them of the law of the land..as you understand it.

Maybe also remind them who votes for the establishment-who enact the legislation.

I think you are just playing devils advocate here...

NSP

LE
TBH the PNC Op the other end, should have said "Can you confirm the VRM as this comes up as a N.Yorks. vech" Then the whole shambles might have been avoided.
Does that matter these days? A lot of cars seem to come with a "pool" registration. The local code here is WA to WJ but half the new cars in town have out-of-area plates because because people have bought ex-demonstrators or ex-showroom that have been registered by the manufacturer out of the same registration office regardless of where the showroom franchise they are destined for is. Mine came from a central dealer pool off the showroom floor of a dealer in Sunderland and only has a WG plate because the dealer network pool administrator hadn't got around to registering it for sale when my salesman in Taunton pulled it off the list for me.

Every car that Enterprise as dropped off has an Essex plate on it.

This might have been racial profiling, after all the car was stopped in Hackney and her driver is white!
The race baiting bitch wasn't even driving but the video and the media suggests she was. Her attitude was disgraceful and patronising.

I was going on the kerfuffle that Butler was stopped in London despite the plate being "registered in N. Yorks." That it had a Yorkshire plate should be meaningless based on my experience. Now, if the keeper was in N. Yorks that would be different - but I've just read somewhere that it was a car with driver so the providing company could be in N. Yorks and thus its vehicles are registered as kept there but they hire them out nationwide. Again, no alarm bells might ring that a N. Yorks car appears in the Smoke. The lady doth protest too much...
look at it another way..whole FLEETS of cars are registered to a say- Moira 'O Murphy (made up name) who lives on a caravan site in wherever.
A car with that showing on PNC , seen parked outside a leafy suburb in say Windermere may possibly arouse further suspicion...if suspicioins were raised.

I'm giving away too much info now and you dodgy f*ckers will be on the rob tonight :)

Having previously worked in a sector of the security industry - there are different 'types' of guards. You have your 1. 'bums on seats type' who are just topping up a pension and want an easy life.
Then there are the 2. 'clipboard & Hi-Viz' types who fancy themselves as being some sort of militia/police in theuir own right. The sort who turn up for a shift to manage parking in a bank carpark wearing a stab vest and belt kit. These are the likely sort who will cause/escalate issues. Often 'apprehending' people / collaring them citing 'health & safety or whatever.

Then you have the 3. switched on types of guards- normally work in prestige establishments and have quite a bit of experience in managing conflict and judging a situation. The problems also arise when you get type 1s and 2s rostered on the same shift as the type 3.

You missed Class 1a:
Generally incompetent in every aspect of the job. Usually lacks the ability to string together a cohesive sentence. Has no will for the job, but it's about the only job they can obtain. May actually be worse than no guard on site. But somehow has a SIA licence.

It's gotten so bad that most security companies now have a basic maths and spelling test during the recruitment process to weed out the truly awful. Last one I saw had a list of Busses, (IE: Bus A, b, C and D), and the time they arrived near the site. It also stated that it took you five minutes to walk from the bus stop to the site. Then asked which Bus you would need to catch to be on site for your start time of X. It wasn't even a full time table either, just two columns. That's the level security guards are working at these days.

Out of interest what does the PSNI training involve?
As my son has just passed out of training at Garnerville I can give you a little insight into it. Of the 23 weeks around three are concentrated on firearms and tactics spread over the length of the course concentrating on the Glock only, the G36 training comes later. Around 600 rounds are used on the range covering shoots from 5-25 metres including single and weak handed, firing from cover etc final shoot is a 50 Rd qualification . Tactical training includes armed cordons, anti-ambush, cover and movement, armed building search etc, this includes use of blanks and marker rounds in addition to the live fire. All training starts from the same level as experience differs from never having seen a firearm before to one of his class having been an ex-army SAA instructor, my son was one of the most experienced having shot with cadets, pistol shooting at the club and having PPW training with the Prison Service.
The course works out at around ten days less than the AFO/ARV course and is concentrated on protection and cordon, refresher should be at least twice yearly.
G36 and baton gun are follow up courses with the baton gun requirements being public order trained and out of probation.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As my son has just passed out of training at Garnerville I can give you a little insight into it. Of the 23 weeks around three are concentrated on firearms and tactics spread over the length of the course concentrating on the Glock only, the G36 training comes later. Around 600 rounds are used on the range covering shoots from 5-25 metres including single and weak handed, firing from cover etc final shoot is a 50 Rd qualification . Tactical training includes armed cordons, anti-ambush, cover and movement, armed building search etc, this includes use of blanks and marker rounds in addition to the live fire. All training starts from the same level as experience differs from never having seen a firearm before to one of his class having been an ex-army SAA instructor, my son was one of the most experienced having shot with cadets, pistol shooting at the club and having PPW training with the Prison Service.
The course works out at around ten days less than the AFO/ARV course and is concentrated on protection and cordon, refresher should be at least twice yearly.
G36 and baton gun are follow up courses with the baton gun requirements being public order trained and out of probation.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Many thanks

Situation described-had I taken that call would be logged as 'Suspicious circs involving vehicle' possibly emergency grading-depending on how long ago it happened before you phoned it in.
If it happened 20 minutes prior...one of the things I have to consider is ' Would I risk officer's an public's safety by grading emergency and on blue lights'.

If you logged that almost immediately..I would still be on the phione to you.
I would have already sent a breidf outline of the log to despatch- who would likely have also triggered in higher echelons.
I would be able to see who has been despatched..and also see the log narrative..

'SCA-main street' for example. - Speed camera activated.

As for security guards - I know also from last job position - there are 'shit magnets' who fancy themselves as police / militia and will always seek to escalate a situation. They fancy themsleves as 'being an old hand'....maybe have had a few isues with management recently and want to 'prove their worth'.

My job - is to take the call on the face of it. It is not by job and way beyond my paygrade/experience to try and 'investigate to report'.

That means...If you call and report an ongoing domestic at a location and it turns out to be false...f you phone again and report the same- I'm still sending it as an emergency. I cannot give it the "nah...likely another hoax".

Which seems to be somewhat counter to your PoV in your post 165 in thread where you appear to defend the immediate police response to an individual filming in the town center, vs a vehicle containing a large covered object, driven at speed towards CNI, and the driver running off, less than 8hours after the most shocking terrorist incident ever witnessed.

Why is the security guard relevant? Is it materiel who observed someone acting suspiciously? Why is possession of a camera, in broad daylight, suspicious, yet doing several walk-by's of CNI not, yet alone the car, unknown content, and manner of driving.

Out of interest, are you aware what CNI is?

Try driving twice round Menwith Hill :)

Which seems to be somewhat counter to your PoV in your post 165 in thread where you appear to defend the immediate police response to an individual filming in the town center, vs a vehicle containing a large covered object, driven at speed towards CNI, and the driver running off, less than 8hours after the most shocking terrorist incident ever witnessed.

Why is the security guard relevant? Is it materiel who observed someone acting suspiciously? Why is possession of a camera, in broad daylight, suspicious, yet doing several walk-by's of CNI not, yet alone the car, unknown content, and manner of driving.

Out of interest, are you aware what CNI is?

Try driving twice round Menwith Hill :)
I don’t get what point you are trying to make here. Bear in mind im reading this on mobile whilst having a dump.

Many thanks

this FOI is a few years old now (2015) but i’m sure the costs haven’t changed that much, so may be of interest:

D26594F7-AF4F-44BB-995F-906E2442F409.jpeg

Latest Threads