The police farce.

Police lift an ethnic minority who smells of drugs
Locals play the race card*
Locals create trouble - commit offences and are arrested

Police apology for offence caused by officers stupidly believing the law should still apply to ethnic minorities in 5......4.....3

How unsuprising that the Guardian condones the actions tacitly supporting the rabble by emphasising their version of events (notable lack of why an individiual was "violently" restrained and failure to challenge the idea that police on the streets is provocative, followed by the conversation on racism and police brutality

Edit to add - Oh look the latest specious go to for instant outrage knee on neck has been played. Notably also buried right down at the bottom its mentioned almost in passing several officers injured - far enough away obviously that nobody connects injured officers and "violent" restraining of someone

*We dont like the police reasons - we think he was stopped and searched because colour

Last edited:
This type of behaviour by police and security staff- harassing photographers whilst quoting anti-terrorism legislation- was so prevalent a few years ago that the Amateur Photographer magazine gave away freebie lens cloths- to produce during such an eventuality- printed with a relevant quote from ACPO (or somesuch) explaining that photography in a public place is actually a perfectly legal activity.
I think the chap in the vid in the OP made a point regarding CCTV which went right over the officers’ heads- that they were investigating his activities, whilst all around us other non-state bodies such as businesses and retailers, as well as private citizens, are filming constantly. A terrorist wanting to carry out reconnaissance on a particular area could probably do a reasonable job using Google Maps and Google Earth.
Saying that I always thought that it was easier to inform any inquisitive cops what I was doing and show them my ID- no skin off my nose.

I am surprised this sort of thing is still going on. As has been mentioned, this problem with the police was supposed to have been dealt with a few years ago.

How long before the wokey snowflakes get Wasting Civilian Time legislation through parliament.

What do you expect? Both coppers are Gwarh, everyone knows how difficult it is to train a wild gwarh! Honestly, we put these poor gwarh’s in a uniform and expect them to perform like normal people, how cruel!

Yokel

LE
There are YouTube videos by various scrotum heads who go around attempting to carry out a 'first amendment audit' and go around filming things like MOD sites, Police Stations, Prisons, Hospitals, etc. They are aggressive towards Security and Police, demanding their names and numbers but refusing to give their names.

Last edited:
This is a fairly typical situation that cops find themselves in on a daily basis. Expected to do something by the public, restrictive legislation and powers that mean they can’t do it without cooperation and a bolshy member of the public looking to be difficult, cause a scene and be You Tube famous.

This is why cops are increasingly unwilling or unable to help or intervene for the fear of being splashed over social media, you reap what you sow.

[...] security staff- harassing photographers [...]
Most Assignment Instructions I have seen have a very clear part about photography. The usual line is no pictures to be taken, unless with the written building owners consent.

I've been on sites where its happened, and a staff members car details were photographed. The Photo's were distributed, the car was then followed by protestors to a house. The house was then attacked. Turned out the staff member had not driven directly home, but had gone to see their ill OAP parent.

On the flip side you have two potential negatives on the security.
1: Too thick/lack of cultural understanding to differentiate between the subtleties of law, and between public and private spaces. In this case he's trying to enforce the exact wording of the AI's, which is a damn sight more energy than I would usually expect from this sort of guard. Odds on they wouldn't even notice that there was someone outside their building.
2: The overly keen chap. Usually wears his trouser tucked into his boots, and is carrying a metric ass ton of equipment. In this case it'd be "Wow, this is it! A terrorist!!" and he immediately creams his knickers with excitement

That said, the Photographer's likely acting as a bell end as well.

I suspect there’s good money to be had in just goading these numpties into misusing their powers and then suing for compensation.

in fact, I’m quite tempted to go out and do it myself.

Some chippy bloke is not a Police Farce, this is. Youth Workers and disgruntled so called Young People dont dictate to the Police what they can and cant do.

Big Batons, Van Loads of back up and long sentences if arrested and found guilty. We are pandering to selective groups and it wont end well.

Young people have blockaded a police station in north-west London, accusing police of assaulting and arresting youth workers who had gone to investigate the arrest of a 14-year-old.

Several dozen people had gathered to block the car park entrance on Friday evening, while police in riot gear stood behind the gate. They were demanding the release of two youth workers, the 14-year-old, and another teenager.
As Peepul Of Colour, they can pretty much do what they want, then get plod to apologise to them for being racist.

Green_Homer

War Hero
How the old bill haven't sussed yet, that terrorists don't do surveillance like that is beyond me.
Until they do... Terrorists didn't fly airliners into buildings etc.

I'm not saying this is the case in this instance so can't comment on the specifics of what has occurred, (I've stopped watching these heavily edited and slanted videos) however criminals including terrorists will exploit anything they can get away with.

Usually the known persons who carry out 'security audits' designed to frustrate security and police are on briefings and it's quite easy to deal with them. Many however are not and will pop up spontaneously.

I've carried out legitimate security audits of my local hospital (i.e. in Police capacity, in plain clothes and sanctioned by the head of security) whereby we literally just walked into / bluffed our way into restricted areas, all because "well nobody will ever do that in plain sight".

Moggy_Cattermole has covered it nicely in that it's not exactly hard for people to meet us halfway - I'd much rather take 2 seconds to check something out and thank the person for their time than the next news headline "MANY DEAD AFTER POLICE DIDN'T BOTHER TO CHECK SUSPICIOUS PERSON TAKING PHOTOS OF THE TARGET RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR EYES*"

*Caps to reflect realistic Daily Fail / Scum headline.

Most Assignment Instructions I have seen have a very clear part about photography. The usual line is no pictures to be taken, unless with the written building owners consent.
Absolutely. I guess the difficulty arises when one or both parties don’t know the boundaries of the site- especially in the increasingly common phenomenon of privately owned public spaces (POPS).

I've been on sites where its happened, and a staff members car details were photographed. The Photo's were distributed, the car was then followed by protestors to a house. The house was then attacked. Turned out the staff member had not driven directly home, but had gone to see their ill OAP parent.
This is surely a failure of the employer’s duty of care and / or an employees poor persec, after all, the protestor wouldn’t need to be on-site to photograph vehicles leaving. I covered the construction of a new building in Oxford which was immediately the target of anti-vivisectionist / animal rights protestors where workers were bussed in from their accommodation to circumvent this eventuality. All the plant was painted plain white and workers visible to the outside world wore masks / goggles etc.

To the bloke mentioning being recorded on pnc, that's not how it works. You get a file for being lifted, charged or convicted, not for being name checked.

What do you expect? Both coppers are Gwarh, everyone knows how difficult it is to train a wild gwarh! Honestly, we put these poor gwarh’s in a uniform and expect them to perform like normal people, how cruel!
I suppose that we should be pleased too see, that at least one of them has learnt not to weeble around with their hands in their pockets, like some stroppy teenager.

Moggy_Cattermole has covered it nicely in that it's not exactly hard for people to meet us halfway - I'd much rather take 2 seconds to check something out and thank the person for their time than the next news headline "MANY DEAD AFTER POLICE DIDN'T BOTHER TO CHECK SUSPICIOUS PERSON TAKING PHOTOS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR EYES*"

*Caps to reflect realistic Daily Fail / Scum headline.
the problem there is that few police officers seem to know what to do Next when the person doesn’t meet them halfway.

the powers used don’t extend to ‘a bit suspicious’ or even ‘a bit of a ****’ - they require a reasonable suspicion that person IS a terrorist. (not ‘may be‘, or ‘might be‘, - its a pretty significant threshold)

4(T)

LE
Police lift an ethnic minority who smells of drugs
Locals play the race card*
Locals create trouble - commit offences and are arrested

Police apology for offence caused by officers stupidly believing the law should still apply to ethnic minorities in 5......4.....3

How unsuprising that the Guardian condones the actions tacitly supporting the rabble by emphasising their version of events (notable lack of why an individiual was "violently" restrained and failure to challenge the idea that police on the streets is provocative, followed by the conversation on racism and police brutality

Edit to add - Oh look the latest specious go to for instant outrage knee on neck has been played. Notably also buried right down at the bottom its mentioned almost in passing several officers injured - far enough away obviously that nobody connects injured officers and "violent" restraining of someone

*We dont like the police reasons - we think he was stopped and searched because colour

"Ms Mwale appealed to members of the public to join the protest outside the station.

"This community is sick and tired of the way we are being treated, now we need your support," she said.

"They have disappeared members of our community, they have disappeared young people, they have disappeared community workers."

4FrontProject describes itself as a member-led youth group empowering young people and communities to fight for justice. They are involved in the organisation of a Black Lives matter protest taking place in Tottenham on Sunday."

My bold & highlight.

Presumably she can give a list of "the missing" to investigative journalists so they can track them down and highlight UK's extermination camps or wherever the victims went.

Seriously, this level of brainwashed activism is ultimately going to lead to widespread violence and anarchy, unless it is stamped down upon.

The government and police are utter fools if they continue to pander to seditious political activism that programmes these drones. Bad laws and bad policing are quickly unravelling what remains of the social contract. The police have now dug themselves into a pit of public disrespect, which has created exactly the conditions in the OP incident.

Who is training the police nowdays ? they don't seem to understand the most basic rights people have or the legislation they are acting under.

Have they even read the terrorism act ?
typical totally unprofessional behaviour from the Police Farce - hands in pockets

To the bloke mentioning being recorded on pnc, that's not how it works. You get a file for being lifted, charged or convicted, not for being name checked.
Absolutely, unfortunately there are too many people with a snippet of knowledge who talk bollocks.

Green_Homer

War Hero
the problem there is that few police officers seem to know what to do Next when the person doesn’t meet them halfway.

the powers used don’t extend to ‘a bit suspicious’ or even ‘a bit of a ****’ - they require a reasonable suspicion that person IS a terrorist. (not ‘may be‘, or ‘might be‘, - its a pretty significant threshold)
I would argue that it is some who don't know how to deal with them rather than few who do.

I've been recorded a few times by such people who were clearly after a reaction yet have failed to star on youtube even once - Maybe it's because I mumble and can't be heard well on the recording, maybe I'm just too ugly? Or maybe it's because they didn't get the reaction they wanted and so didn't suit their narrative to upload it?

I would put good money that for every incident that goes online there are probably many, many times more that don't because it doesn't suit the poster. This is before discounting the heavy edits conveniently missing the events building up to it in the ones that do.

Wetsmonkey has already said about the restrictive legislation which doesn't help.

Out of interest how would you define reasonable suspicion that a person is a terrorist? I'm not trying to be antagonistic but genuinely interested as I would argue that there is no clear cut way to do this as every situation is different.

And how does a cop form reasonable suspicion, without interacting with them, gauging them and perhaps checking them on PNC etc?

It’s a typical situation, where cops are expected to do their job whilst hamstrung by overly restrictive legislation.

I'm not sure a bunch of people shrieking in patois really demonstrates trying to de-escalate the situation, but I'm only guessing how it went. As mentioned above severely doubt the knee on neck thing actually happened either...