Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The police farce.

You obviously don’t know what an MG 16 is and an application to allow Bad Character to be admitted into a court case.

Why would you. Would you like me to google itfor you?
Its all open source anyway...

Note how much fecking admin is involved- to conform to legislation / values & standards and all host of other legal things. often initially by officer's mobile device. The rest maybe at a PC in their downtime.

Its not just a case of "Right lets be aving you'!

Last edited:
This reminds me of the numerous calls that I used to receive when in The RMP and now in the police from Gd Comds about “sus vehicles” near camps or perimeters. When you press them as to why it’s suspicious, they can’t really say.

However you still need to go and take a look and enquire. You probably never now what you achieved by doing that enquiry but if it prevents one out of a hundred, it was worth it.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer

This is what The Met generally get up to.

That's great. Feel free to throw us some red meat.

Doubt I'm the only one who perceives the met to be showering themselves in glitter whilst wearing high heels and ignoring multiple stabbings though.

I know- There are targets for the 3 gradings we use - Immediate/emergency-7 mins-blue lights. Priority-60 mins - standard-48 hours. Response targets are closely monitored and it cause grief for despatch if one is incorrectly graded 'Emergency' as they have to downgrade and re-apply rationale.

Very often there will be emergency logs backed up as there simply isnt the units available. High risk mispers often cause this. As you will very likely know.
Our control try to add another category of Priority but go now. I’ve had several arguments with them which have come down to either upgrade it to immediate or it can wait until I’ve had my kebab. They got a bit snotty but in the end the Inspector came through and said no, it’s a priority, within the hour is fine.

I can be on the settee (yes we have settees!) in our restroom and be sat next to ARV officers using it as a base, other police staff, response officers and other officers doing various roles that sit besides me. Many of those staff / Officers are BAME. When BBC news is on - you would think all assembled were fully signed up members of arrse to hear the comments. There is NO racism in opinions voiced but - the opinions are often not as "huggy fluffy" as many would seemingly presume police to hold.

We also got various emails about the 'taking a knee' etc etc.

Various departments in force I work for are known by acronyms/abbreviations with an 'F' that is Force...not service. I have never heard anyone referring to ours as a service, or being corrected for not doing so.

your ‘management’ is a disgrace and neither represents the people it’s supposed to lead, or the public it’s supposed to serve.
If if there was a subversive organisation, ACPO was it.

Our control try to add another category of Priority but go now. I’ve had several arguments with them which have come down to either upgrade it to immediate or it can wait until I’ve had my kebab. They got a bit snotty but in the end the Inspector came through and said no, it’s a priority, within the hour is fine.
We have 'local priority' also. That's where- something that would normally be a standard is upgraded due to maybe NPT concerns raised by locals etc. Mrs Miggins phones up and says "I've been told by inspector Blimp to say..."

Personally - I've never seen that used.

That's great. Feel free to throw us some red meat.

Doubt I'm the only one who perceives the met to be showering themselves in glitter whilst wearing high heels and ignoring multiple stabbings though.
Look at the detail on those 'multiple stabbings'..and how easy it is for police to fall foul of home office legislation in order to actually police that.

In short - the police are not allowed to recognise the 'elephant in the room'. Any stop & search has to be thorougjhly documented. Otherwise...Daily Mail...Diane Abbot...and the likes of your ilk posting on web forums.

What do you want exactly?!

Now arrse members are scouring the internet to track down Ravers mansion near the drug barons mansion

I've been to one... I have no idea where the other is.... my lips are sealed

NSP

LE
Whilst burglary is a crime- people do have some responsibility to secure their premises as well.
There's a guy in my block who will not stop going out and leaving his windows open. Okay, he's first floor but it's not that high up and the lease and insurance policy are both clear on leaving a flat unoccupied without securing it.

The kicker...? He's a bloody police constable!!

stuff....
There is a big old Victorian mansion in my village. It’s one of those gaffs that’s too big to live in. It has its own ballroom .... would make a nice hotel but it’s in a non-touristy part of the county and doesn’t have enough land with it.

Spain, so the house sits empty for quite a lot of the time.
more stuff...

So that's why you were asking for arrsers to pop round to help with a wee bit of renovating back then.... you just didnt say which old pile it would be.

I can be on the settee (yes we have settees!) in our restroom and be sat next to ARV officers using it as a base, other police staff, response officers and other officers doing various roles that sit besides me. Many of those staff / Officers are BAME. When BBC news is on - you would think all assembled were fully signed up members of arrse to hear the comments. There is NO racism in opinions voiced but - the opinions are often not as "huggy fluffy" as many would seemingly presume police to hold.

We also got various emails about the 'taking a knee' etc etc.

Various departments in force I work for are known by acronyms/abbreviations with an 'F' that is Force...not service. I have never heard anyone referring to ours as a service, or being corrected for not doing so.
I believe MPS doesn’t stand for Metropolitan Police Force.

Shouldn’t kneel for it either!

There's a guy in my block who will not stop going out and leaving his windows open. Okay, he's first floor but it's not that high up and the lease and insurance policy are both clear on leaving a flat unoccupied without securing it.

The kicker...? He's a bloody police constable!!
Also- for lots of commercial premises mainly - being burgled is actually preferential to the owner for insurance reasons.
My previous job- dealing with CCTV monitoring - of often building sites. Quite often, if the contract is coming up for renewal or- they are running higher on costs...cameras would get damaged / cameras be removed.
Staff would be seen coming in to work 2 hours earlier than usual and- the operator would phone the keyholder to be told "Yeah...that's Dave just starting early".
"Dave" would start early several times later on that month and the operator recognised him and did not challenged/action it....

Then the generators and batteries out of the diggers are reporting as having been nicked.

It happens a lot. Some people actually want to get burgled for insurance reasons.

Building site running over budget-foreman has fecked up on accounts.... burglary imminent with view to either insurance claim or threats of pulling contracts unless monitoring is not discounted.

Not wishing to get into an argument over this but- either I blatantly missed the bit about the owner pleading for police on YouTube as she was in the house being broken into at the time or-you have added it later.
I find it hard to perceive any situation with anyone phoning police and stating there is an ongoing burglary and the police chinning it off.

Based on what you have said, and the online news reports seen on google- I cant help thinking there may be more to this. Squatters etc change the whole ballgame. Were council involved? Any court proceedings put in place?

Although the house, as it would appear, was essentially derelict- it was still lived in. IMO should have had more attention paid towards it by police but - I feel the story is incomplete somehow.

Ok, I caught four scrotes in the act of stealing my motorbike. Am threatened with a screwdriver, Call the police; the nearest station is less than 1 mile away. It took the scrotes a further 20mins to make off with the bike. It took the Police 40mins to respond. To be fair, the polis did tell me the following happened later that evening: a patrol car spotted the bike, and did attempt to stop. Rider gave him the finger and a pursuit started, involving four cars and helicopter. However, it was called off once the rider entered a park... as continued pursuit could have endangered the rider's life. As if I'd give two fcuks about that.

In Cumbria, the police are very reluctant to become involved outside the towns. Theft of quad bikes and agricultural machinery is rife, as is poaching... armed poaching. Friends who have disturbed such acts have been threatened with rifles.

Police interest, let alone response, is non-existent.

Ok, I caught four scrotes in the act of stealing my motorbike. Am threatened with a screwdriver, Call the police; the nearest station is less than 1 mile away. It took the scrotes a further 20mins to make off with the bike. It took the Police 40mins to respond. To be fair, the polis did tell me the following happened later that evening: a patrol car spotted the bike, and did attempt to stop. Rider gave him the finger and a pursuit started, involving four cars and helicopter. However, it was called off once the rider entered a park... as continued pursuit could have endangered the rider's life. As if I'd give two fcuks about that.

In Cumbria, the police are very reluctant to become involved outside the towns. Theft of quad bikes and agricultural machinery is rife, as is poaching... armed poaching. Friends who have disturbed such acts have been threatened with rifles.

Police interest, let alone response, is non-existent.
Cant comment on other forces but- if I took that call - it would be graded Emergency-WEAPON INVOLVED and also Other sections of the force highr up would be 'actioned' - they'd authorised dogs/tazer/firearms/NPAS etc etc.

I can't really comment on other forces. Essentially- and I know thios sounds daft but- its like trying to compare RAF to ARMY. There are only a few forces I can directly send logs to. I cant check on details of someone in another force area. I can do basic vehicle PNC checks and a few other things but I - as just staff- cannot run checks on a person on PNC. Other 'staff' on a higher payroll than I can do. I'm bottom rung of the ladder.

Its also VERY strict. I cannot even check my own details on various systems wrt my moped being stolen from my garage last year or... the details of the person who local gossip has it was said to nick it. I need to be able to back up a valid 'force reason' for everything I look at. There is very good reason for that also.

Last edited:
This reminds me of the numerous calls that I used to receive when in The RMP and now in the police from Gd Comds about “sus vehicles” near camps or perimeters. When you press them as to why it’s suspicious, they can’t really say.

However you still need to go and take a look and enquire. You probably never now what you achieved by doing that enquiry but if it prevents one out of a hundred, it was worth it.

Late evening, 9/11 - yes, that 9/11. Am working late as we lost connectivity with the entire North American network when the Verizon building went down. Security guard calls me; he's seen the same individual walk past the front of the building several times, looking directly at it, and now an estate type car has driven into the side street at high speed, mounted the pavement at an angle, driver has run off. Visible in the back is a large covered object.

We are classed as CNI; amongst other clients we provide the FO global data/voice telecoms network, satellite network, RAF email and WAN, national rail network, the majority of financial institutions, Lockheed-Martin, BAe, and so on. Not unsurprisingly a call to the police is made. Explain who we are, that we are CNI, and what we have just observed... NFI.

Perhaps more aimed at Supermatelot, but given the sheer number of public service announcements on trains, posters, etc to "see it, say it, report it" to report anything of a suspicious nature, especially in the hysteria of 7/7, can you blame the public to report anything and everything?

Late evening, 9/11 - yes, that 9/11. Am working late as we lost connectivity with the entire North American network when the Verizon building went down. Security guard calls me; he's seen the same individual walk past the front of the building several times, looking directly at it, and now an estate type car has driven into the side street at high speed, mounted the pavement at an angle, driver has run off. Visible in the back is a large covered object.

We are classed as CNI; amongst other clients we provide the FO global data/voice telecoms network, satellite network, RAF email and WAN, national rail network, the majority of financial institutions, Lockheed-Martin, BAe, and so on. Not unsurprisingly a call to the police is made. Explain who we are, that we are CNI, and what we have just observed... NFI.

Perhaps more aimed at Supermatelot, but given the sheer number of public service announcements on trains, posters, etc to "see it, say it, report it" to report anything of a suspicious nature, especially in the hysteria of 7/7, can you blame the public to report anything and everything?

Situation described-had I taken that call would be logged as 'Suspicious circs involving vehicle' possibly emergency grading-depending on how long ago it happened before you phoned it in.
If it happened 20 minutes prior...one of the things I have to consider is ' Would I risk officer's an public's safety by grading emergency and on blue lights'.

If you logged that almost immediately..I would still be on the phione to you.
I would have already sent a breidf outline of the log to despatch- who would likely have also triggered in higher echelons.
I would be able to see who has been despatched..and also see the log narrative..

'SCA-main street' for example. - Speed camera activated.

As for security guards - I know also from last job position - there are 'shit magnets' who fancy themselves as police / militia and will always seek to escalate a situation. They fancy themsleves as 'being an old hand'....maybe have had a few isues with management recently and want to 'prove their worth'.

My job - is to take the call on the face of it. It is not by job and way beyond my paygrade/experience to try and 'investigate to report'.

That means...If you call and report an ongoing domestic at a location and it turns out to be false...f you phone again and report the same- I'm still sending it as an emergency. I cannot give it the "nah...likely another hoax".

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Maybe you ought to argue the toss with @Ravers and his recollections of a near neighbour having intruders on the land / in the house.

In the situation he posted - quite possible background checks would have shown nothing untoward about registered keepers of the cars seen parked. Also quite possible they could have a marking on PNC that prompted a look l at 'local database' which showed several markers, and offences.

There are no penalties for 'bad character' but - having one could alter police response. If you phone and say your neighbour is having a domestic - and background checks show its Mabel and Wilfred- previous verbal dom for arguing over bingo results- the response will be different than if say it was Chardonnay and Kayden-who has weapons / violence against police markers..in which case- tazer authorized officers are going there.

Edit: Unless you are just playing devil's advocate- your apparent attitude just demonstrates what the police are up against. In your mind- should Bill the burglar (Well recorded) decide to spend an evening doing laps of the area your elderly parents live on, with a 60L rucksack, torch, hood up and pair of nitrile gloves - are you saying he should not be challenged?
I’ll be saying he should be nicked for going equipped.:police:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Met covering themselves in glory again
Cue more grovelling
I heard that on the news and why she as an MP made it public is beyond me.
A reasonable stop, after the wrong index number was inputted into the pnc showing car was registered up North. Officers polite and after a new check and a chat sent on their way.
Don’t people want the police to do their jobs? This MP should be bloody ashamed of herself for having a huge bag of chips on her shoulder.

Last edited:

Latest Threads