The police farce.

I can hardly wait, from afar, for the day when Cress gets her 50% female quota on the front line.
If we think it is bad now, it certainly isn't going to get any better for those law-abiding and tax-paying Londoners.
Who are moving out in droves already.

They got a much better service back when it was a Force.
Yes, but it wasn't very woke was it.

1625513200849.png

At the risk of repeating myself from way back in July, this is where being woke is going to take you!

The police farce caving in to the criminal scum yet again,

Apologies for a link to the Daily Unmentionable!

Chef

LE

If they don't keep records how will they know who the repeat offenders are and if they do keep records aren't they in effect condoning an illegal act? I'm sure the rider will be back on it as soon as he's round the next corner. In fact, given the respect most low level law breakers have for the police, probably not even that long.

Those things are a menace, and need stamping on right now.

Our local force has faced the question of e-Scooters, and come up with this fix. As they don't want all the scooters being sized, as they count as a motor-vehicle. Thus the law says they have to be kept until the owner can reclaim them, and needs to provide insurance (which they can't get). Otherwise the police impound lot is going to explode with the number of the bloody things.

So the local Force has said to do riding them as ASB, and slap them with a FPN instead. Property is not sized, menace gets punished, and it seems like a sensible solution. Equally, they can still be sized in exceptional circumstances. The local force just doesn't want them being sized as routine due to having to store all the bloody things.

We get complaints daily from MoP about these ******* things whizzing about, and there's a significant up tick in collisions and injuries year on year. I think collisions result in dangerous driving charges. IIRC I think the HO is looking at them at current, and legislation to deal with them.

Chef

LE
Those things are a menace, and need stamping on right now.

Our local force has faced the question of e-Scooters, and come up with this fix. As they don't want all the scooters being sized, as they count as a motor-vehicle. Thus the law says they have to be kept until the owner can reclaim them, and needs to provide insurance (which they can't get). Otherwise the police impound lot is going to explode with the number of the bloody things.

So the local Force has said to do riding them as ASB, and slap them with a FPN instead. Property is not sized, menace gets punished, and it seems like a sensible solution. Equally, they can still be sized in exceptional circumstances. The local force just doesn't want them being sized as routine due to having to store all the bloody things.

We get complaints daily from MoP about these ******* things whizzing about, and there's a significant up tick in collisions and injuries year on year. I think collisions result in dangerous driving charges. IIRC I think the HO is looking at them at current, and legislation to deal with them.
Way back when CB radio was a thing I believe the German police, if a CB fitted car had no paperwork, invited the driver to remove said equipment and drive over it. Short sharp and above all cheap.

Could not the same be done with illegal scooters, pretty much all of them, as the police on social media are always telling us about illegal cars that will be crushed. Or is that too simple? I'm sure the legal eagles will tell me why that couldn't possibly be done.

Way back when CB radio was a thing I believe the German police, if a CB fitted car had no paperwork, invited the driver to remove said equipment and drive over it. Short sharp and above all cheap.

Could not the same be done with illegal scooters, pretty much all of them, as the police on social media are always telling us about illegal cars that will be crushed. Or is that too simple? I'm sure the legal eagles will tell me why that couldn't possibly be done.

Well eScooters currently count as a motor vehicle in law, ie the same as a car. The problem is thus if you use the Road traffic act the police need to store it for 14 days, to allow you to claim it back (by presenting valid insurance docs, which is an impossibility). After fourteen days it can be scrapped.

In the city centre I'm familiar with you'll easily see 10-20 of these damn things per hour. So say the police have a crackdown over a week. 8 hours would net you 120 average, lets say 100. So that's technically 700 per week (although it'll likely be lower, as once word gets round, and the repeat offenders get caught). But even having to store 2-300 would be an issue. Then there's registering and tracking the eScooters, as they don't have serial numbers or any means of identifying each unit.

Thus, I think it's more of a logistics/cost issue than a legal one.

If they don't keep records how will they know who the repeat offenders are and if they do keep records aren't they in effect condoning an illegal act? I'm sure the rider will be back on it as soon as he's round the next corner. In fact, given the respect most low level law breakers have for the police, probably not even that long.
Zero tolerance is the only way

Apart from the legal aspects, crushing a large lithium-ion battery is not the best idea anyone ever had.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Apart from the legal aspects, crushing a large lithium-ion battery is not the best idea anyone ever had.
Coppers are like squaddies they revert to children if not kept busy

I can just imagine a load of coppers racing the things round the car park and office corridors, to discharge the battery sarge honest

How about they confiscate the battery? Scrote gets their child's toy back - and some valuable exercise, Mr Plod get's to sell handy LiIon batteries

Chef

LE
My legal team, Mong, Mong, Emperor and Purple, have advised me 'It'll be fine.'

So good day to you sir and your petty carping.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
A close shave for the officers dealing with a fatal where another tree fell onto a pickup killing the young driver.
I got it from a site that just stated the officers were dealing with an incident.
I’ll remove it.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Coppers are like squaddies they revert to children if not kept busy

I can just imagine a load of coppers racing the things round the car park and office corridors, to discharge the battery sarge honest
I laughed out loud when I read the first line.
I could just picture my mates and myself at the old nick doing just that on night duty.:-D One or two old Inspectors would have joined in.

Zero tolerance is the only way

That won't happen, because in Londonistan at least, a high proportion of these things are ridden by a certain demographic.

The same demographic that is heavily involved in the sale and consumption of illegal substances.
The same demographic that is very stabby.
The same demographic that is, on the large part work-shy.
The same demographic that is involved with most other crime, especially muggings.
The same demographic the left tell that they have has a bad deal from the capitalists, and are incited to riot.
The same demographic that likes to shout "racism" at every opportunity, but is heavily racist itself.

I think you get the idea.

Last edited:
It is if the apprehended miscreant is doing it.

Latest Threads