Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The police farce.

Who is training the police nowdays ? they don't seem to understand the most basic rights people have or the legislation they are acting under.

Have they even read the terrorism act ?

The clever move there would have been to ask them their names, home address, personal telephone number and what time they finished their shift - in the spirit of mutual cooperation.

Person films a public place that has large numbers of people going through it, gets aggy when challenged by public and then cagey when Police speak with him.

Boring.

I mean given the climate of yahoos targeting public places, maybe a little bit more meeting Police halfway to allay worries the public have that he was conducting hostile reconnaissance would not be unreasonable on his part?

Or could it be some twat goes out of his way to be difficult to Police and films it to try and prove how the world's all gone wrong?

Person films a public place that has large numbers of people going through it, gets aggy when challenged by public and then cagey when Police speak with him.

Boring.

I mean given the climate of yahoos targeting public places, maybe a little bit more meeting Police halfway to allay worries the public have that he was conducting hostile reconnaissance would not be unreasonable on his part?

Or could it be some twat goes out of his way to be difficult to Police and films it to try and prove how the world's all gone wrong?
If that was meant to get a bite from the police it was a success. As per usual they look to be the overreacting fools.

Well what he was doing concerned a member of public enough to call Police. Isn't that what Police are for? I'd sooner see them checking out suspicious persons than filling in for the mental health units.

Mike Barton

On ROPS
On ROPs
So what if he had pictures of his missus in the nuddy on his camera? Is he obliged to show a stranger those pictures under suspicion of being a terrorist?

Well what he was doing concerned a member of public enough to call Police. Isn't that what Police are for? I'd sooner see them checking out suspicious persons than filling in for the mental health units.
That was not the impression I gained. It seemed a jobsworth "security" type complained. Seems the police did their usual let's start demanding things we aren't entitled to. I would imagine that in the case of that sort of stop it would be recorded on the PNC, not a desirable result. Were I to be stopped and questioned in such a manner I would impress upon the person that I would be making a formal complaint and hope that their poor judgement went on record.

ETA, He didn't seem very suspicious to me.

Mike Barton

On ROPS
On ROPs
ETA, He didn't seem very suspicious to me.

That's precisely it, isn't it? Two minutes into the convo I had sussed him out, a photographer "who knows his rights", a tiresome, bolshy lot undoubtedly but obviously harmless.

Any copper should be able to spot one immediately and simply say "Yeah, whatever mate, stay off private property and it wouldn't kill you to be a bit more cooperative in the future, eh?" and wandered off and found some useful work to do and thereby not giving the cameraman the confrontation he was probably looking forward to.

Instead she radios back to the nick for advice and rather than the sergeant asking "Use your judgement, does he look like a twat making videos for his YouTube channel that no one other than his mum watches, or does he genuinely look like a threat and someone you need to pull in under the Terrorism Act?" he immediately ratchets up the situation, advises her to arrest him and now it's all over the internet, he's a hero for standing up to the man and the PC just looks like a bit of a weak girl who couldn't defuse a simple situation without going full-on "arrest the terrorist suspect" mode.

Has this copper not seen youtube? FFS
This subject has been covered so many times its ridiculous.
The security guard needs a kick up the arśe to.

Last edited:

Polyester

War Hero
He’s had his five minutes of fame and the policewoman has learned a set of valuable lessons for life and her career. I am always torn about the police because like most people I’ve met a couple of tosspots who reckon they are god but there can be no doubt the overwhelming majority of coppers are good people doing an ever increasingly pish job. It must be wearing dealing with total scum AND know it-all-bellends. Every.single.shift.

The irony is everyone hates and judges the police until they themselves need them. I won’t be popular for saying this but this video is more a reflection of modern British mentality than somebody defending their civil liberties.

The more important question is why aren't they wearing their hats? Was this 'Dress Down Friday'?.... tsk... standards.... <harrumph>... (I would rustle a newspaper too but can't remember the last time I even read one to rustle)

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Do the Police not get told their powers under PACE these days? He doesn't have to give any information unless he's suspected of committing or has committed an offence.

However, he is being a %$#@ clearly looking for confrontation.

Do the Police not get told their powers under PACE these days? He doesn't have to give any information unless he's suspected of committing or has committed an offence.

However, he is being a %$#@ clearly looking for confrontation.

Or, he is an everyday chap taking photographs, not looking for any confrontation?

How the old bill haven't sussed yet, that terrorists don't do surveillance like that is beyond me.

Terrorism Act, my Arrse!

philc

LE
Some chippy bloke is not a Police Farce, this is. Youth Workers and disgruntled so called Young People dont dictate to the Police what they can and cant do.

Big Batons, Van Loads of back up and long sentences if arrested and found guilty. We are pandering to selective groups and it wont end well.

Young people have blockaded a police station in north-west London, accusing police of assaulting and arresting youth workers who had gone to investigate the arrest of a 14-year-old.

Several dozen people had gathered to block the car park entrance on Friday evening, while police in riot gear stood behind the gate. They were demanding the release of two youth workers, the 14-year-old, and another teenager.

Boring.

So he's been photographing a sign and these 2 pillocks want to see what is on his camera. When they see the photos of the sign on his camera, what do they do next? The pair of them should be charged with wasting their own time. They should also be aware that taking photographs in a public place is not an offence and shouldn't even have approached him in the first place.

Stupid people given more authority than their little pointed heads can handle never ends well.